ACC ACC Racing Club - test (fun) server - 24H

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

Frank

Premium
Hi all,

As we will start hosting club races soon I have opened a server where all can join to have some fun. While we are having fun, I can learn a thing or 2 about setting up the server correctly and how to administrate it.
If you have any tips and tricks, feel free to bring them up in this thread.

You will all know how to find the server and how to access it, for some added fun, you might want to join each other on Teamspeak ;-).

hi
when someone removes a marker, leave the server and then rejoins it there is this result.
he will see the markers again, the other will not unless they exit and rejoin too.
thats an enormous advantage, so nobody shall leave the server.
Or everybody shall leave and rejoin at the end of any session with related problems.
thanks

hi
when someone removes a marker, leave the server and then rejoins it there is this result.
he will see the markers again, the other will not unless they exit and rejoin too.
thats an enormous advantage, so nobody shall leave the server.
Or everybody shall leave and rejoin at the end of any session with related problems.
thanks
Seems to be known issue, would be nice to get fixed soon https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...s-brake-marker-placement-objects-reset.55307/
Well, if that marker is important for me, like left 50m in misano t1, I'll keep rejoining, unless forbidden by rule :)
Not every marker is important for everybody, with most im fine if missing. They are more nice to have things.

that's not what I pointed jarkko.
of course it's an issue, but they can add a simple rule to put every driver in the same conditions.
nobody can leave or everybody leave and rejoin at end of every session.

consider this:
Driver A joins free practice, a marker gets removed during that session.
Driver B joins during qualifying or after the marker removal

Now the conditions are different for the two drivers. Should driver A be able to rejoin or not? Or with multiple consecutive races on a server.

there several possibilities...
infact I already gave two of them.
Anyway Bram already told me that every driver will be informed during the event about this possible advantage.
In this case anyone can rejoin at the end.

@Ture
Thank you for your report, this is behaviour we have seen in other sims in the past, so not entirely unexpected. We also don't really see it as an issue, most brake markers will be gone in the first lap of a race anyway, so if you practice on the default brake markers you would give yourself a disadvantage either way. You should be looking for other references around the track for you to use as brake markers.
Apart from all this, don't forget, we are club racing to have fun while racing and laugh with eachother on TS. If you are here for a serious competition where everything is perfect, you are at the wrong place as this isn't a league where all the details matter.

I have see yesterday that when someone enters or leave the server there is a micro lag.
I didnt went disconnected or such disagreement, but I mention it.
Do other drivers observed the same thing ?

I have see yesterday that when someone enters or leave the server there is a micro lag.
I didnt went disconnected or such disagreement, but I mention it.
Do other drivers observed the same thing ?
That is indeed a known issue, also something AC used to plague. That will hopefully be sorted with some server client updates.

It's a client related issue, the lag comes from having to load a new car model that it had not loaded before. It's the price to pay for the flexibility of not having fixed car choices. Not sure if they can fix it.

But it should not be an issue when joining during a race session can be forbidden, as it should.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%