ACC on sale in Steam

Due to it's free to test this weekend I gave it a try and boy it's great. Been driving AC for the last 6 months but for me, ACC is a big step forward in terms of immersion. Especially the sound effects are great :thumbsup:

Tried different tracks and had some significant FPS drops at Monza (down to 30-50fps) but only in dry conditions during the day. Night/rain, day/rain it runs smooth with 60fps like at all the other tracks I tried. Anybody has an idea why?

Due to it's free to test this weekend I gave it a try and boy it's great. Been driving AC for the last 6 months but for me, ACC is a big step forward in terms of immersion. Especially the sound effects are great :thumbsup:

Tried different tracks and had some significant FPS drops at Monza (down to 30-50fps) but only in dry conditions during the day. Night/rain, day/rain it runs smooth with 60fps like at all the other tracks I tried. Anybody has an idea why?

Because no need to display hard shadows.

I've been completely avoiding ACC because, by most accounts, VR performance is very poor. Free weekend though, so nothing to lose.

As a driving experience, I really enjoy the sim. The cars feel pretty good to drive, the FFB is adequate, and the AI did a decent though not spectacular job. Where I feel the game really excels though, is the audio. In terms of engine sound alone, I still think R3E holds the crown. However, it's everything else that ACC does so bloody well in my opinion. The exhaust coughing and spluttering, the dirt/marbles hitting the underside when you run off-line, the suspension creaking, the varied bumps and grinds when you hit sausage curbs and other objects, the realistic sounding bumps/scrapes when you hit something, and all the other little miscellaneous bumps, creaks, rattles, etc that I just don't hear in other sims. Very impressive and a massive aid to immersion in VR.

But of course, that's where the game falls flat... VR. When I first started, performance was so incredibly poor that I felt the first pangs of motion sickness within a lap. That's coming from someone who has a proven strong stomach when it comes to VR. After a couple of hours I was finally able to get performance to a reasonable level, but the game just looks utter crap now.

I am not a graphics junky at all, but even I'm surprised by just what a horrible, blurry mess ACC looks in VR. My settings are a mix of low and medium, and in terms of detail things look fine. But it's the blurring that ruins everything. The motec just a couple of feet in front of my face is just a blob with no discernible numbers and trackside markers are just white blurs until I'm about five metres away. The in-game sharpening options really don't help and introduce artefacts of their own. I can't compensate with SS because my rig isn't powerful enough. All I want is a sharper image, not increased graphics, yet I can't seem to find any solution. It's a real shame, especially since AMS 2 looks fantastic and runs silky smooth in VR, and even R3E does a better job using DX9!

I still bought ACC with the discount. Even with these issues, I'll probably get my monies-worth running a few championships and enjoying the audio quality. But it seems I'll be limited to offline-only because with the horrible blurring I feel that I'd be a hazard to everyone else trying to race online. :(

I've been completely avoiding ACC because, by most accounts, VR performance is very poor. Free weekend though, so nothing to lose.

As a driving experience, I really enjoy the sim. The cars feel pretty good to drive, the FFB is adequate, and the AI did a decent though not spectacular job. Where I feel the game really excels though, is the audio. In terms of engine sound alone, I still think R3E holds the crown. However, it's everything else that ACC does so bloody well in my opinion. The exhaust coughing and spluttering, the dirt/marbles hitting the underside when you run off-line, the suspension creaking, the varied bumps and grinds when you hit sausage curbs and other objects, the realistic sounding bumps/scrapes when you hit something, and all the other little miscellaneous bumps, creaks, rattles, etc that I just don't hear in other sims. Very impressive and a massive aid to immersion in VR.

But of course, that's where the game falls flat... VR. When I first started, performance was so incredibly poor that I felt the first pangs of motion sickness within a lap. That's coming from someone who has a proven strong stomach when it comes to VR. After a couple of hours I was finally able to get performance to a reasonable level, but the game just looks utter crap now.

I am not a graphics junky at all, but even I'm surprised by just what a horrible, blurry mess ACC looks in VR. My settings are a mix of low and medium, and in terms of detail things look fine. But it's the blurring that ruins everything. The motec just a couple of feet in front of my face is just a blob with no discernible numbers and trackside markers are just white blurs until I'm about five metres away. The in-game sharpening options really don't help and introduce artefacts of their own. I can't compensate with SS because my rig isn't powerful enough. All I want is a sharper image, not increased graphics, yet I can't seem to find any solution. It's a real shame, especially since AMS 2 looks fantastic and runs silky smooth in VR, and even R3E does a better job using DX9!

I still bought ACC with the discount. Even with these issues, I'll probably get my monies-worth running a few championships and enjoying the audio quality. But it seems I'll be limited to offline-only because with the horrible blurring I feel that I'd be a hazard to everyone else trying to race online. :(
Hi, try the settings on the last page in this thread https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/ either the last page or one before has a great config to improve the look in vr, still not brilliant but not a blury mess, much much sharper.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/page-30#post-3176841 hopefully this post if the link works

Last edited:
Hi, try the settings on the last page in this thread either the last page or one before has a great config to improve the look in vr, still not brilliant but not a blury mess, much much sharper.
Thanks for the tip but I had tried a bunch of engine.ini tweaks I found in that thread on Sunday. While I'm sure they do something, none seemed to make any difference to the blurriness of the sim. Not surprising though really, as if you look at the settings being added they're more about performance and quality improvement than blur removal or sharpening.

What I did instead was start messing with Super Sampling and Resolution Scale. I've never bothered with SS during my 3+ years in VR because I never felt it was needed, and because I assumed my mid-range system would struggle. After a bunch of testing I finally settled for 60% Res Scale in-game, combined with 1.3 SS in Oculus Tray Tool. The difference is literally night and day, massive improvement. The motec is readable and I can read track signage at more than five feet distance. I don't feel like a short-sighted driver who has forgotten his glasses anymore. What's more, the sim seems to actually run more smoothly too! :O_o: SS 1.5 is also possible with minor occasional stutter, but I want zero stutter if I'm going to go online.

ACC still looks bad in VR compared to it's rivals, even with these settings. However, at least it's now playable so I'm relatively satisfied.

Opinions can be incorrect .
By definition opinions are neither correct or incorrect. You may agree or disagree with an opinion, but to say one's opinion is incorrect, is ...well.
1591051687977.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back