ACC Lap Times

Are they ever going to give us the ability to save our best lap times across the cars and tracks? Surely this is key to anybody who wants to measure their own lap times and be able to improve? Or am I missing something? It really does frustrate me, absolutely love the game play though.

Yea, it is certainly nice to know but it is also very dependend on conditions. What is it worth to know your best lap was a 2:17:8xx in Spa, when it was in cold weather at the end of a long race (fully rubbered track) with fresh tires and little fuel load? Then you have a number but it is (IMO) of no practical use and it's again up to you to remember yourself, that lap times in th 2:18s are already pretty OK, when you are driving in a more common setting.

Nevertheless, in hotlap mode it would be usefull as long nothing in the game changes that has an influence on lap times.

Yea, it is certainly nice to know but it is also very dependend on conditions. What is it worth to know your best lap was a 2:17:8xx in Spa, when it was in cold weather at the end of a long race (fully rubbered track) with fresh tires and little fuel load? Then you have a number but it is (IMO) of no practical use and it's again up to you to remember yourself, that lap times in th 2:18s are already pretty OK, when you are driving in a more common setting.

Nevertheless, in hotlap mode it would be usefull as long nothing in the game changes that has an influence on lap times.
was talking about hot laps really as don't really have time too race and i'm lucky to get 2m20 in any car!

I generally agree, but it gives you a general idea also in other game modes. I really like to see which car might suit me best in terms of lap times compared to which car suits me best in terms of subjective driving feel. I really liked that about R3E. I could compare over the board of tracks and cars. I would do dedicated runs with several cars on one track and compare.
In ACC I typically run optimum surface and dry weather most of the time. I do a lot of practice to get used to a car/track, get an idea regarding tyre degradation and improve my driving consistency.
At the moment I need to keep a pencil and a sheet of paper handy to note down my lap times which seems a bit antiquated. ;-)

It depends on what you want. If you are looking for performance in races, you should rather use a car that suits you well in terms of driving feel. A car that you can push while remaining in your comfort zone from start to finish and that you can catch when it slides. That will avoid most spins, crashes and ragequits and therefore ensure a top 10 in about 99% of races ;).

and is it possible to see lap times like in AC when we click on drivers.Or best lap time or sector times etc.
Not sure I get your question, but in single player for example you can see the timetable after each session including sector times of every driver (personal best, overall best highlighted).
Not sure for multiplayer as I am not playing online at the moment.
The original posting was referring to an overview of your personal lap times ever done on each track and car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%