ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

If anything bug solving these days is much faster due to the internet and giving feedback very fast and its very easy to find testers usually not costing money either just giving the product away.
While the internet is a quick way to get feedback it's not always useful feedback, especially if it's the hysteric crying of a man child. I'd imagine proper testing involves hiring people which is immediately expensive, humans are pricey machines.

Go to your nearest superstore, find the video games section and you ll see plenty of games even for pc, we call them optical discs although pc uses a download code these days, there was games in discs some years back. It doesnt matter what version they are they work out of the box, and ofc that doesnt mean they dont have updates too, its called new content, the medium is irrelevant so much for the cartridges gospel but thanks for playing guys, anyone else...
How big is ACC now, over 50gb? A DVD was max 4.5gb? Completely different animal I would say, anyone who's played PC games for more than 10 years would know that sometimes games didn't work out of the box and would require all sorts of jumping through hoops to get the thing working. Try going back and making one of those ancient "out the box" games to work on your PC today. It's not straight forward.

These smaller scale companies are working really hard and doing the best job they can. If there was a better way of doing it they'd be doing that instead.

In fact anything other than video games, i guess you don't own any of those. Yes they may have bugs that get sorted in days/weeks, if any, not a year later.

Seriously? I've had bugfixes for Microsoft Word & Outlook, PagePlus, Macrium Reflect and Calibre eReader Library just to name a few. The MS Office and PagePlus ones have been going on for some years.

It's usually not the case that issues that only affect some people are bugs in the game code. If they were, why don't they affect everybody? As difficult as it may be for some people to accept, if most people aren't suffering from a problem that you have, the chances are much more likely that it's something to do with your system or controller hardware than the game.

Go to your nearest superstore, find the video games section and you ll see plenty of games even for pc, we call them optical discs although pc uses a download code these days, there was games in discs some years back. It doesnt matter what version they are they work out of the box

I've had plenty of games on what I also call optical discs (or CD-ROMs) which needed bug fixes after release. Even console games regularly get bug fixes. If you think that most modern games arrive in fully working order and only ever subsequently get feature updates or new content, then you've obviously not been playing any of the games I have.

Remember that Kunos is a very small team that doesn't have rooms full of programmers simultaneously sorting out issues. It always surprises me that they get out as many updates as they do.

Last edited:
Seriously? I've had bugfixes for Microsoft Word & Outlook, PagePlus, Macrium Reflect and Calibre eReader Library just to name a few. The MS Office and PagePlus ones have been going on for some years.

It's usually not the case that issues that only affect some people are bugs in the game code. If they were, why don't they affect everybody? As difficult as it may be for some people to accept, if most people aren't suffering from a problem that you have, the chances are much more likely that it's something to do with your system or controller hardware than the game.

I've had plenty of games on what I also call optical discs (or CD-ROMs) which needed bug fixes after release. Even console games regularly get bug fixes. If you think that most modern games arrive in fully working order and only ever subsequently get feature updates or new content, then you've obviously not been playing any of the games I have.

Remember that Kunos is a very small team that doesn't have rooms full of programmers simultaneously sorting out issues. It always surprises me that they get out as many updates as they do.

You re missing the point by a mile, thats what happens when you label anything not working/being implemented a bug, very silly conversation.

I have updates and small bugfixes for most of the programs i have but have nothing to do a particular feature/part of the program not working at all, its usually rare problems with certain hw systems/drivers in fact i dont even remember having an impact in my system(s) ever let alone fixing it one YEAR later, thats a lie that never happens ... at least outside gaming companies, optimizations happen faster than that.

Fixing it that late gives it away that it was not coded at all.

In one year i have finished the games i play, i dont expect any bugfixes, only big patch updates or DLCs maybe. Driving simulators and any web based game has constant updates and long life spans but it *ideally* has to do with new content & features as i said, small bugs here and there you cant avoid 100% thats no the point, the medium is not point either.
Did any major photoshop release had eg. the magic wand not working, or the layer masks bugged and not usable and you had to wait for a whole year to fix it, there would be a revolt.

I see kunos ask for bug reports & log files in the forum, i dont think their problem is bug solving so much, its rather the producer and deadlines which means release as it is , fix it later. Its not even kunos and their (independent) artistic effort or actual "bugs" .. plus i can name anything a bug and you wont ever know unless you read the code.

In AC laguna seca tha AI is stuck at 100% (AI performance scaling is not working) and very fast, they show very high amount of grip in the corners that you cant keep up with, i searched about it and found others have the same problem. Kinda proves AC not paying much attention to AI. Its a favourite track of mine that i cant race in, thats modern game development for you.

Its funny reading steam reviews about special edition pre-orders of 300$ that end up unfinished carp with the buyer crying afterwards, from much bigger studios than kunos (its not about that), btw 100 ppl staff you dont call that small witcher and assasins creed are made with 30 coders.

But whatever , for those who want such behaviour you got it and you seem happy too np!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why do you keep saying 'a year'?
Its only been out since May.
It was the pre release early access that was out a year ago, and (almost) everyone knew it wasn't a completed game (that's the point of an unfinished early access game).
Ok, I do agree that it should have been a completed game upon release, but it wasn't, and its not the first game to be like that, but at least they are addressing the issues.

The date as always is “soon”

All we really know its this qtr, the more days go by without release the more you can narrow down your guesses.

Somewhere around the real Bathurst date of 31 Jan to 2nd feb is a fair guess but still a guess, they may need to get more photos for graphics/detail touch ups on the weekend as well

Yeah okay, that might be it indeed. For me however, I would rather have the DLC with all of the tracks and the advertising boards and stuff that changes year on year before the race than after it with those small graphical things. But that will probably depend on how much effort if would be to change it, if it is literally just swapping some textures it might be worth it just updating it later. If there is some modelling to be doing it would be worth waiting until everything is known and done but we can only speculate and hope for information.

Bathurst is a funny one as you don’t get to see it in race track form very often so unless they got info and images last year or are going by video footage they may need some stuff from this year when it runs again
Yes you are right but that doesn't really change where the corners are etc. The biggest changes will probably be the advertising boards and the grip levels due to new tarmac if that has been done but overall the track will probably be pretty much the same as it was during the Bathurst 1000 last year. There may be things we are overlooking but if there are I think the community would really like to see the progress and what problems they run into even if it is some kind of a monthly roundup like rFactor 2 does.

I think the community would really like to see the progress and what problems they run into even if it is some kind of a monthly roundup like rFactor 2 does.
please not, if I imagine having to work under a totally transparent schedule ... cut the boys some slack, I can't imagine anyone in such a small studio having much idle time. I'd rather have a finished product out of the blue than a rushed unfinished one on schedule. That said, if it was released tomorrow, I'd grab a copy.

please not, if I imagine having to work under a totally transparent schedule ... cut the boys some slack, I can't imagine anyone in such a small studio having much idle time. I'd rather have a finished product out of the blue than a rushed unfinished one on schedule. That said, if it was released tomorrow, I'd grab a copy.
I am not suggesting releasing new content every month. What I meant was to release a post with what sort of progress they have made over that month and what they have been/are working on. That way you both engage the community and get them excited for what is coming up.

I am not suggesting releasing new content every month. What I meant was to release a post with what sort of progress they have made over that month and what they have been/are working on. That way you both engage the community and get them excited for what is coming up.
But they have released two videos just two and three weeks ago, and they show the tracks in almost completed state, and they say release in Q1 2020. What else do you need to know?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%