ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Me too.
I own AC, and here Leguna Seca was included - and now I have to pay for the SAME track, as a DLC? WHAAAAAAT?
Oh... wait - it´s AAC - and not Codemasters??? oh, sorry, it´s okay then. Happy to pay for it again then. No problem.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You now have to pay for a thing that you got given for free in a different sim and now someone needs to remake again taking hundreds of hours of labour? That’s crazy talk!

And even if the whole DLC is just the 5 tracks, so the cost of this track is a fifth, so $5 or so? I spent double that on lunch today... and what that turns in to won’t be as pretty as a laser scanned Laguna Seca with full dynamic weather in ACC, haha

It has to be rebuilt in to a whole new engine with all new details, only thing kept would be the laser scan data I’d say.

Big news and a collection of excellent tracks.
I remember that Stefano always wanted to have Suzuka for AC but the costs were too high. Now he got it! :thumbsup:

Racing games need extra cars not tracks.

I'm beginning to think that the only way for Kunos to make everyone happy would be a DLC that included:
-Every single car in the world, be it a racecar or a street car
-Every single track in the world, including all possible fictional street circuits. Laser scanned, of course.
-And everything for free.

And even in that case, some would complain about some silly thing. This is our beloved simracing community in a nutshell.

EDIT: I forgot a free 2TB SSD to store everything and a free high speed bandwidth connection, or people would complain about lack of space or slow downloads.

Last edited:
To be fair iRacing has it, Having it with ACC’s physics and dynamic everything is a big plus though to sim racing

I've been driving Bathurst in the wet with day/night transitions in RF2 for ages ;)
Although with no means of starting the usual RD Sim War it will be better simulated in ACC for sure (latest scan, latest tech etc etc), I'm a "fanboy" of both Sims regardless so I couldn't be happier...and then iRacing adding the V8s next year...oh boy :D

Me too.
I own AC, and here Leguna Seca was included - and now I have to pay for the SAME track, as a DLC? WHAAAAAAT?
Oh... wait - it´s AAC - and not Codemasters??? oh, sorry, it´s okay then. Happy to pay for it again then. No problem.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Let me get this right, you are complaining because you have to pay for a track in ACC that you got for free in a different game?
A track that has now been laser scanned at (presumably) great cost?
A track that has had MANY hours designing and bringing to virtual life?

You had to pay for every other track in ACC (on initial purchase) that you had actually already purchased in AC, so where is the difference? Is it just because its a DLC that you 'can' purchase that has annoyed you?
You don't 'HAVE TO' (as you said) buy it, its optional, so no need to get upset about it.

Once I got Zandvoort ACC is pretty much a win for me. Bought the game just for that track. Obviously I am expecting a laser-scanned version. As for cars I would like to see a Radical or something similar, though these types of cars are a bit further away from the GT3s. Also, wondering about the pricing, I doubt it is going to be that cheap like AC DLCs were.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.1%