ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Ok , but i dont really follow or feel i have to follow every update or dev posts for ACC or other games to form an opinion, thats another game Devs play and i dont care, they re plenty of reviews out there that state these ai "bugs" (actually poorly implemented) opposed to your reply "what bugs"...
Yea the game is one year old... early access is ~1.5 year, pls tell me what products do you buy that become fully working a year later! AI is core feature of the game needed to do and enjoy offline races if we can agree on that.
What you label my "gospel" and "hate spreading" (srly?) is very journalistic and provoking on your end (the latter one) like we re on some cheap tv show.
Fyi there s still many and various types of sw that come out v1.0.0 and are fully working and run stable, with free updates upon user feature requests or mac os updates or other needed maintenance, provide a demo (even fully working ones for a limited time), apologize humbly if there's any kind of delay in that manner and respect you in general a a customer, these companies i buy again usually. Thats for sw products often even cheaper than ACC , not even talking about anything high end.
So get your facts straight and we can be on the same page.

Game industry is something like open beta / early access forever np, you say you like this and you defend it as well , i dont thats all... nobody buys a fridge and expects fully work a year later thats all anyone feel free to spam with disagree i fully stand behind my sarcasm. Plus theres only one time you can do a first impression so game companies may want to give some attention to their 1.0 versions but what do i know, if it works for them.

I am not sure if you are serious or just trying to make fun of me.
But I will respond with the view you are serious.

Yes you can form an opinion of which ever version you like, but the older it is the less favourable and out of date your opinion may be, especially if you are not going to take into consideration updates and base it on a version that is no longer available. Its like saying 'I hate ACC it only has one car and one track and no VR'. That's an opinion based on an old (very old) version and pointless when comparing to todays version.

The game isn't a year old and early access isn't 1.5 years old. Again you have just not really looked into it and assumed with no personal knowledge or experience.
Early access came out on the 12th Sept 2018, where the public release May 2019. So the game is 4 months old.

You talk about me getting my facts right, then come up with things like the above.

I would guess being a member of these forums that you like sim racing, and should know that most sim titles take years to get where they are. Just look at RRE or iR etc, they are still being developed years later. The designers are in it for the long haul, not just a quick buck, so not being 100% 4 months after release isn't unusual at all really.
Unless you prefer the likes of F1 or Dirt Rally (which I love BTW, so not a dig), where they update them with a new version released almost yearly. The more serious titles take longer than that just to become playable (well, slight exaggeration but you know what I mean).

What software was perfect upon release?

If you don't like it then why come on to a post about it :O_o:

Are you really comparing a niche piece of software in a niche market to a fridge :O_o:
That doesn't even warrant a reply.

Anyway, back on topic PLEASE.

Last edited:
Don't know why you'd give the AI a thumbs down? Seems pretty great to me.. it gives me a convincing run for my money at 95% skill / 100% aggression.. and in the new patch they've made improvements to it to (out lap behavior, blue flags etc).
AI is good for the most part, I can't keep up with them even on 92%. 90% seems too easy though.

Never played Kyalami before, so just downloaded it for AC.
It’s a really good track with a few blind bends, decent straights and little elevation changes. It’s nice and wide too.
I can’t find a decent one for Suzuka yet, but sure it’s on Pcars2 so will look at that.

It’s a really good track with a few blind bends, decent straights and little elevation changes. It’s nice and wide too.
I can’t find a decent one for Suzuka yet, but sure it’s on Pcars2 so will look at that.

Project Cars 2 doesn't have Suzuka, it has fictional Sakitto. Which is lightly based on Suzuka but slightly different layout. However, many agree a more enjoyable track than the real Suzuka.

RF2, is called Matusaka or something (not at my pc), a very good version IMO

Not this one, it was a BASIC game supplied as a demo of the BASIC language with early versions of DOS on PC. Could edit the source code to change gravity and other stuff........
Going back to the 80's here......
Not sure then.
I am going back to early 80's and arcade games or Atari 2600 (before the PC or BBC or Acorn Electron) .
donkey-kong-cross-tensions_171.jpg

Please name me any piece of software (and, particularly, any game) which didn't need patches or updates after release to fix bugs? iRacing was originally released in 2008 and is still having updates to improve aspects of the game.

In fact anything other than video games, i guess you don't own any of those. Yes they may have bugs that get sorted in days/weeks, if any, not a year later. Its not about cartridges and diskettes, it rather has to do with the target audience.
Btw a matter of days is a "hotfix", some games calling year late fixes like that is more like arcticcooldownfix.:roflmao:
First of all anything AI related like the blue flag is not bug that depends in your config, its an internal "bug" and it has nothing to do with release version, it was not working for some and not for others, that shows u dont know anything about what you re talking.
If anything bug solving these days is much faster due to the internet and giving feedback very fast and its very easy to find testers usually not costing money either just giving the product away. Consoles is a contained programming environment doesnt need public betas or anything like that.

iR does feature/content updates and fixes any bugs related to that, i dont follow iR but did it have anything not working as advertised, and if they have they are not above and beyond criticism, like everyone else. iR also maintain a service , organizing / hosting races in their servers and they also charge for it.

Go to your nearest superstore, find the video games section and you ll see plenty of games even for pc, we call them optical discs although pc uses a download code these days, there was games in discs some years back. It doesnt matter what version they are they work out of the box, and ofc that doesnt mean they dont have updates too, its called new content, the medium is irrelevant so much for the cartridges gospel but thanks for playing guys, anyone else...

If that s your argument better click the disagree button like the rest! Save me some typing time, no? :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing