ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Kyalami is a great addition to the Sim Racing world to be sure, but when I hear that name it gives me pause as I can never get out of mind the infamous F1 non-career of one Michael Andretti.

Last edited:
It sounds like an old dream of mine becoming true years after GTR2:

1. Sorted Laser Scanned Tracks...:thumbsup:
  2. Time Lapse......:thumbsup:
  3. Weather changes......:thumbsup:
  4. A complete racing series with tracks, drivers and cars......:thumbsup:
  5. Belieaveable AI drivers behaviour...:thumbsdown:
  6. Modable Platform...:poop:
  7. Multiclass racing...:poop:
More 2,5 itens, c'mon Kunos.

Don't know why you'd give the AI a thumbs down? Seems pretty great to me.. it gives me a convincing run for my money at 95% skill / 100% aggression.. and in the new patch they've made improvements to it to (out lap behavior, blue flags etc).

As for a modable platform, that's the last thing I want.. ACC is about quality over quantity.

I think multiclass will come .. give it time.. but only within the context of SRO...

If you see Mr Kunos tell him to fix AI issues/bugs, so this feels like a solid title to buy on top of AC or any other sim. New tracks are very sweet (ok dlc but still) but from some small research seems the game is more flash than substance... or else, my wallet is WIP too.:roflmao:

If you see Mr Kunos tell him to fix AI issues/bugs, so this feels like a solid title to buy on top of AC or any other sim. New tracks are very sweet (ok dlc but still) but from some small research seems the game is more flash than substance... or else, my wallet is WIP too.:roflmao:

Er, have you read about the current update?
AI is now perfect (so many are saying).
They give you space, they respect flags, they fight you.
What bugs are you referring to?

"Bugs" like ai not slowing down with yellow flags, poor awareness resulting in hitting you, braking too early, i mean u begin with 10 tracks + one series and still cant get good AI for these given tracks, uhm, for the asking price is ... :roflmao:

So clearly you haven’t tried the new update as all these issues (like i said in my last post) have been sorted.
Do you even own the game?
UPDATE, no you don’t, your opinion is based on what you read not what you know.
Give it a go, you might be surprised ;)

Last edited:
It sounds like an old dream of mine becoming true years after GTR2:

1. Sorted Laser Scanned Tracks...:thumbsup:
  2. Time Lapse......:thumbsup:
  3. Weather changes......:thumbsup:
  4. A complete racing series with tracks, drivers and cars......:thumbsup:
  5. Belieaveable AI drivers behaviour...:thumbsdown:
  6. Modable Platform...:poop:
  7. Multiclass racing...:poop:
More 2,5 itens, c'mon Kunos.
Reading your comment it just came to my mind how much I love in AC that you can set various levels of skill and aggression for each AI, so you can field a more diverse field without adding less powerful cars. Have not seen anything like this in ACC yet though. :unsure:

So clearly you haven’t tried the new update as all these issues (like i said in my last post) have been sorted.
Do you even own the game?
UPDATE, no you don’t, your opinion is based on what you read not what you know.
Give it a go, you might be surprised

Er, what? Whats your last post this is dlc anouncement thread btw and sry i may have missed your "last post", you come of as an overly self centered fella. I ve seen several ACC reviews for 1. versions of the game (you know that used to mean a fully developed release representing what the developer wants to sell minor some bugs that escaped the beta testing, ..pepperidge farm remembers) which state these problems, although with current game industry status you need reviews every month or so, good for vloggers and yt too!

"AI is now perfect (so many are saying)" so you dont have the game either but you re still defending it, aaand just like that AI is perfect, pls.... i m fine with just "good" anyway.;)
I said i did search about it (hear hear, i didnt buy it straight away) , so you know that means i dont own the game... any particular reason you attack me? Did you also attack those vloggers in yt that said that game is lacking in that area or what. Must run now i guess.

You sound like you re offended, are you affiliated with the product in any way? If more ppl confirm that indeed the AI is improved yes i might give it a go, in the future.

Every thread must be a hype train yea? All good super dlc announcement, very hyped, move on.

another edit: new review vid for 1.08 is up so thats fairly interesting

Last edited:
Er, what? Whats your last post this is dlc anouncement thread btw and sry i may have missed your "last post", you come of as an overly self centered fella. I ve seen several ACC reviews for 1. versions of the game (you know that used to mean a fully developed release representing what the developer wants to sell minor some bugs that escaped the beta testing, ..pepperidge farm remembers) which state these problems, although with current game industry status you need reviews every month or so, good for vloggers and yt too!

"AI is now perfect (so many are saying)" so you dont have the game either but you re still defending it, aaand just like that AI is perfect, pls.... i m fine with just "good" anyway.;)
I said i did search about it (hear hear, i didnt buy it straight away) , so you know that means i dont own the game... any particular reason you attack me? Did you also attack those vloggers in yt that said that game is lacking in that area or what. Must run now i guess.

You sound like you re offended, are you affiliated with the product in any way? If more ppl confirm that indeed the AI is improved yes i might give it a go, in the future.

Every thread must be a hype train yea? All good super dlc announcement, very hyped, move on.

another edit: new review vid for 1.08 is up so thats fairly interesting

I know its a DLC thread, but you were on about its current release, and therefore so was I.
You were talking about bugs in a game that you don't even own, which if you had researched you would know have been ironed out.

I do have the game (had it since day 1 of early access a year ago). Ok I don’t have the DLC but I doubt they will break what is working great now. You don’t have the game let alone the DLC but still saying it’s bugged.

Actually, reading my post back I did appear a little bit argumentative, so I apologise about that as it was not my intention. That's written text for you.

No, I don't get upset with vloggers (don't read any of them) or Youtubers, but have corrected them if they were wrong. But most have been right 'for the version they were reviewing' or their opinion was not what mine was (doesn't mean they, or even I are right though).

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but PLEASE base that on your own experiences and not others.
Reviews for v1.0 are not relevant any more, the sim has moved on to 1.0.10 now and come a long way, so please don't base your findings on things that are out of date.

I do agree that v1.0 'used to' mean a fully developed game, but that was in the time of consuls when they used cartridges. EVERY game that has arrived on digital disc has had at least one up date in its life span, showing that they are not fully developed.

All I am tying to say is don't refer to things as being gospel that are no longer current, as this 'hater spreading' does no good at all for the sim racing community. This is proven by you reading it and spreading it, like the person who wrote what you read.

A review of 1.0.8 is no good now, we have gone to 1.0.9 and now 1.0.10 so its already 2 updates out of date (ok, they were only small updates).

EDIT if you are anywhere near the NE of the UK then you are welcome to come to mine and try it out on my full motion rig. Then you will get a better idea.

Last edited:
I know its a DLC thread, but you were on about its current release, and therefore so was I.
You were talking about bugs in a game that you don't even own, which if you had researched you would know have been ironed out.

I do have the game (had it since day 1 of early access a year ago). Ok I don’t have the DLC but I doubt they will break what is working great now. You don’t have the game let alone the DLC but still saying it’s bugged.

Actually, reading my post back I did appear a little bit argumentative, so I apologise about that as it was not my intention. That's written text for you.

No, I don't get upset with vloggers (don't read any of them) or Youtubers, but have corrected them if they were wrong. But most have been right 'for the version they were reviewing' or their opinion was not what mine was (doesn't mean they, or even I are right though).

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but PLEASE base that on your own experiences and not others.
Reviews for v1.0 are not relevant any more, the sim has moved on to 1.0.10 now and come a long way, so please don't base your findings on things that are out of date.

I do agree that v1.0 'used to' mean a fully developed game, but that was in the time of consuls when they used cartridges. EVERY game that has arrived on digital disc has had at least one up date in its life span, showing that they are not fully developed.

All I am tying to say is don't refer to things as being gospel that are no longer current, as this 'hater spreading' does no good at all for the sim racing community. This is proven by you reading it and spreading it, like the person who wrote what you read.

A review of 1.0.8 is no good now, we have gone to 1.0.9 and now 1.0.10 so its already 2 updates out of date (ok, they were only small updates).

EDIT if you are anywhere near the NE of the UK then you are welcome to come to mine and try it out on my full motion rig. Then you will get a better idea.

Ok , but i dont really follow or feel i have to follow every update or dev posts for ACC or other games to form an opinion, thats another game Devs play and i dont care, they re plenty of reviews out there that state these ai "bugs" (actually poorly implemented) opposed to your reply "what bugs"...
Yea the game is one year old... early access is ~1.5 year, pls tell me what products do you buy that become fully working a year later! AI is core feature of the game needed to do and enjoy offline races if we can agree on that.
What you label my "gospel" and "hate spreading" (srly?) is very journalistic and provoking on your end (the latter one) like we re on some cheap tv show.
Fyi there s still many and various types of sw that come out v1.0.0 and are fully working and run stable, with free updates upon user feature requests or mac os updates or other needed maintenance, provide a demo (even fully working ones for a limited time), apologize humbly if there's any kind of delay in that manner and respect you in general a a customer, these companies i buy again usually. Thats for sw products often even cheaper than ACC , not even talking about anything high end.
So get your facts straight and we can be on the same page.

Game industry is something like open beta / early access forever np, you say you like this and you defend it as well , i dont thats all... nobody buys a fridge and expects fully work a year later thats all anyone feel free to spam with disagree i fully stand behind my sarcasm. Plus theres only one time you can do a first impression so game companies may want to give some attention to their 1.0 versions but what do i know, if it works for them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back