ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

You can buy existing survey data, or have it commissioned, I'd be very surprised if they were burning money by sending a team to Australia to recreate undertake laser-scanning....

Would be curious to know this. In the grand scheme of things sending one or two people to collect info and take pictures to assist with modeling isn’t that expensive, the laser scan data would be bought I’d say rather then created again. Could be totally wrong here though

Me too.
I own AC, and here Leguna Seca was included - and now I have to pay for the SAME track, as a DLC? WHAAAAAAT?
Oh... wait - it´s AAC - and not Codemasters??? oh, sorry, it´s okay then. Happy to pay for it again then. No problem.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Dude you need to look at Laguna as a gift in AC, not as repaying for it in ACC. Laguna came out at the end of the update cycle in AC1 and was given to people who owned AC at no charge along with other free cars. This wasn't their only free content update in AC either.

Also tracks require additional licensing for different games. Just because Kunos had Laguna licensing for AC1 doesn't mean they didn't have to pay again to license it for ACC. The only thing that potentially carries over is the laser scan data (which can also change), everything else will be updated to match the actual race. This type of mentality really annoys me with internet tighta$$e$, if a dev makes a track once it doesn't mean they can just release it for free in every game they make in the future.

I've been driving Bathurst in the wet with day/night transitions in RF2 for ages ;)
Although with no means of starting the usual RD Sim War it will be better simulated in ACC for sure (latest scan, latest tech etc etc), I'm a "fanboy" of both Sims regardless so I couldn't be happier...and then iRacing adding the V8s next year...oh boy :D

And in ACC you'll be able to enjoy Bathurst in the wet with day/night transitions with modern graphics ;)

Hold on!...where's our mate Kunos..haven't seen him yet...maybe he's lurking between the posts somewhere:D:roflmao:...no he probably flat knacker getting our new DLC ready, especially the mighty 'Bathurst'...all hail the Sim God Kunos:geek::inlove::redface:

Kyalami was announced by Reiza for AMS2, I wouldn't say it is first time release, other than that I hope they will fix the game (no way to have it running smooth) and I will buy the DLC and reinstall it for sure.

Both Bathurst and Laguna have moments (corkscrew for example) where you have to have complete confidence in the car and the physics of the sim to be able to nail those tricky sections. ACC is so well modelled that I think they'll bring new insights into these tracks - they'll still be difficult but because the handling of the cars in ACC just makes sense and feels believable, I think they'll be significantly better to wrap your head around. I'm excited to master both of them (a little like what happened with Spa in ACC - Eau Rouge is still scary, but if I mess it up, I know it's my fault!).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 491 39.2%