ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Let me get this right, you are complaining because you have to pay for a track in ACC that you got for free in a different game?
A track that has now been laser scanned at (presumably) great cost?
A track that has had MANY hours designing and bringing to virtual life?

You had to pay for every other track in ACC (on initial purchase) that you had actually already purchased in AC, so where is the difference? Is it just because its a DLC that you 'can' purchase that has annoyed you?
You don't 'HAVE TO' (as you said) buy it, its optional, so no need to get upset about it.

No I dont mind at all to purchase DLC's for ACC or any other game, if I like the DLC.
I was merely, for fun, making a post that I see all the time, when Codemasters sell DLC's. Then everybody seem to agree that it is the crime of the century.
I probably wont purchase any DLC's for ACC as I dont really like the title, but that's my choice, and I dont mind the concept at all.

No spark for me with this game...will stick to original AC as their is still plenty of life left on the old dog yet.
I'm the opposite, I am a bit obsessed with ACC. I fired up AC for the first time in a long time at the weekend and it's just missing something.

Rumors that SRO rushed ACC development now not seem like rumors because how much improvements Kunos brings to the game since 1.0 release. The game looks more and more finished with every update; and finally we got some juicy news, perfect.
I don't know that it's fair to go down to hard on SRO. They probably expected the game to tie in with the real world season and had planed to use it for promotional purposes and had invested in that promotion. They may have been a bit panicked by delays and aren't really going to be able to fully appreciate what it takes to develop a game, that's not really their problem.

When it comes to Kunos all the version 1 stuff doesn't really matter for me. They can call it whatever they want, the numbers are meaningless as long as they continue to develop the product.

Weirdly I predicted this on here and on their YouTube channel. It feels bizarre to be right for once!!!
I got it completely wrong, I was expecting maybe one track and a load of cars. I thought travelling around the world laserscanning would have been too costly. Happy to be wrong on this one. :D

I thought travelling around the world laserscanning would have been too costly. Happy to be wrong on this one. :D

It is very costly, and more then the travel, the licensing would take a huge cost both in $ and time to arrange. Makes what Kunos have come up with securing agreements for tracks all over the globe for one DLC that much more impressive

Great news!!!ACC is greater on every steps, i'm very happy to see more great tracks like that, and Continental Challenge with, maybe some GT4 cars, great great news!! Congratulations for Kunos team
Another interesting licences could be Eurotruck Challenge, to see a different class than GT3, anyway congratulations and thanks to Kunos, ACC is the game!!!

No spark for me with this game...will stick to original AC as their is still plenty of life left on the old dog yet.

I'm the opposite, I am a bit obsessed with ACC. I fired up AC for the first time in a long time at the weekend and it's just missing something.

I am enjoying both, I know totally weird! I am even enjoying non Kunos title, how weird is that?
It must be because no one told me I could only play one.
I also eat different type of food and listen to different type of music, OMG, something is surely wrong with me.:whistling:

I am enjoying both, I know totally weird! I am even enjoying non Kunos title, how weird is that?
I also eat different type of food and listen to different type of music, OMG, something is surely wrong with me.:whistling:

I don’t believe you, next you will be saying you like chick flicks AND action movies.

Awesome news. Announcing these great tracks together as if nothing were.. I just could not believe it. And it is also a good move, having only European tracks was certainly a limit. This finally gives ACC a more 'global' appeal.

Same here except it seems that quite often I buy and download the wrong game.... Gee some of them are great to use and are trouble free!!!
I feel for those that seem to have endless problems with various games/sims and are severely limited in their enjoyment of life.

My question exactly. I thought these series would form the first DLCs. The Intl DLC is great news! But it also gives me more hope for America and Asia. Just need more patience.
This thread excites me. I love ACC and for whatever reason my DD wheel feels much better in this game than AC. I still love AC, but ACC's physics and overall feel have won me over big time.

The above post made me go look up the tracks that make up the American and Asian Blancpain calendar. If these eventually made it to ACC, I don't think I'd ever want to leave the house.
Blancpain America
  • COTA
  • VIR
  • Mosport
  • Sonoma
  • Watkins Glen
  • Road America
  • Las Vegas
Blancpain Asia
  • Sepang
  • Chang
  • Suzuka (coming already with the DLC)
  • Fuji
  • Yeongam Korea
  • Shanghai

Just a wild guess, but Blancpain Asia for example would mean multiclass racing, right? Not sure the AI can handle that in its current form.
If GT4 gets a chance, I would think the European GT4 would be a safe bet. Same tracks, new cars but still a one-class field.
That said, of course I'd like to see all Asian and American tracks in ACC!

I know I’m very guilty of this as well but it’s funny how we get an awesome announcement of epic tracks to come that is still a while away, next year sometime AND still have the free 2019 DLC with another track on the way soon but still we are here talking about what we would like to see next...

You can buy existing survey data, or have it commissioned, I'd be very surprised if they were burning money by sending a team to Australia to recreate or undertake laser-scanning....

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing