ACC: Laguna, Bathurst, Suzuka, Kyalami and Intercontinental GT Coming Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the Intercontinental GT Series will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future.

Having secured a licence agreement with the SRO Motorsport Group to bring the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series to sim racers gaming PC's, Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed another high profile racing series will be added to the title as post release DLC - the rather epic Intercontinental GT Challenge!

So what does this mean? New liveries for the cars? Actually, quite a bit more than that...

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 5.jpg

Introducing The Intercontinental GT Pack, coming soon to Assetto Corsa Competizione!

A few years ago, SRO Motorsports Group introduced the Intercontinental GT Challenge, the first ever global GT3 Series, aimed to represent the highest achievement in long-distance GT racing. Its calendar includes some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

The Intercontinental GT Pack, to be fully dedicated to the Intercontinental GT Challenge, will feature new tracks such as Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca and Kyalami, with the South African circuit reproduced for the first time ever in a racing simulation using laserscan technology, just like all other tracks in the pack, in order to guarantee the ultimate accuracy.

More news about release date, features and media content will be available later this year. KUNOS also confirms that the team is working hard to release the 2019 GT Championship update, featuring 6 new cars and Zandvoort circuit, as a free update to the base game within Fall 2019.

The release date and pricing of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will be announced later on.

AWESOME!

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 1.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 6.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 3.jpg
ACC Intercontinental GT Series 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I guess the partnership with genius Stephane Ratel -SRO - is the bottleneck. Look at the „skin-editor“ it‘s a joke because of licence reasons. It could be the same when it comes to track licences.

Look at it this way, the partnership has allowed access to a heap of car data, telemetry, tracks (Suzuka and Bathurst would be very unlikely without SRO), rules, sponsors, and exposure which in turn allowed Kunos to create the awesome GT3 sim that we have, in turn they had to give up some freedom such as the livery editor stuff.

Would you rather gain the editor freedom and give up all the tracks cars and rules?

Small price to pay I think, it’s a GT3 racing sim after all, not a car paint shop sim

• Deleted member 241736

Look at it this way, the partnership ...we have, in turn they had to give up some freedom such as the livery editor stuff. ......
Small price to pay I think, it’s a GT3 racing sim after all, not a car paint shop sim
running between walls is yours not mine. Freedom overall is the aim. There‘s no price or benefit for to follow restrictions like these.

What I do not understand is why the sponsors do not allow us to use their decals/logos the way one does in the iRacing livery editor. I'd gladly slap their names on my virtual ride to make it look less barren. And everyone I am playing with online or everyone watching a YouTube video with my skin would see their logo / advert as well. Or logos of NGOs like UNICEF, Medicine Sans Frontieres, WWF etc. It would look great plus promote the cause.

What I do not understand is why the sponsors do not allow us to use their decals/logos the way one does in the iRacing livery editor. I'd gladly slap their names on my virtual ride to make it look less barren. And everyone I am playing with online or everyone watching a YouTube video with my skin would see their logo / advert as well. Or logos of NGOs like UNICEF, Medicine Sans Frontieres, WWF etc. It would look great plus promote the cause.

Wouldn't your YT videos become demonized:devilish: with their logos on cars? But then again, stock skins have them too...

BTW the "coming soon" should be banned from these forums posts. Either tell the exact date, or don't say anything. What's the purpose of these speculations? Why not just release an announcement a week before, instead of "coming soon...", and then realising it has to be delayed to "less soon"...

Hasn't Aris kind of leaked in his latest video that the ICGT Pack will be released around the Bathurst12h?
Haven't watched the video myself yet, but somebody told me.
Would make sense to use the publicity there and showcase the game at the venue.

Yes, he effectively said hes doing a 12 hours race with 3 mates at Bathhurst on the 1st Feb... then quickly added more tracks they might use :D Maybe thats where Lando and Mclaren got the idea of a 'leak'....

My guess is we will see this track on 29th Jan.

Wouldn't your YT videos become demonized:devilish: with their logos on cars? But then again, stock skins have them too...
If it's only the logos of the brands investing in the series anyway? But maybe the link between brand and car is in the contracts as well? Dunno. I wouldn't care if it was the Blancpain name and logo in 12 different sizes, just anything to make the cars look a bit more racy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 332 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%