ACC, Kunos and the SRO

Hi all,

With the expansion of ACC to include the 2019 IGTC (and the partial removal of references to Blancpain following the withdrawal of sponsorship), it's got me thinking about where ACC might be headed next. In particular, I'd be interested in learning about how far the KS's relationship with the SRO goes in terms of licencing further series.

The most obvious/likely answer would be the inclusion of the Asian and American GT World Challenge series as track packs, similar to the IGTC. However, given the wide range of series the SRO runs or promotes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stéphane_Ratel_Organisation), might we see some national series like the ADAC GT Masters or British GT in ACC in the future? GT4 too, perhaps.

And really reaching here, but could we see some older, defunct series such as the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship? That was also developed by SRO and would have a neat six-car DLC package plus associated circuits, several of which are already in ACC. Wishful thinking there perhaps, but would love to see those cars in ACC!

Food for thought... :)

We don't really know what they're doing next, there's a lot of hype about GT4, but I don't think anyone at Kunos has come even remotely close to confirming anything. Whatever it is, it's probably already in production and we can have no influence on it.

While many sim racers would like to see classic series, the people with the licenses would seem to prefer that developers stick to their current products. They see these titles as a promotional tools, and may even want to keep their classic race cars as mythic beasts, rather than have them compared to modern cars.

It's a business at the end of the day, it's in Kunos best interests to go with the content that will sell the best and usually that's what ever is currently on TV.

We don't really know what they're doing next, there's a lot of hype about GT4, but I don't think anyone at Kunos has come even remotely close to confirming anything. Whatever it is, it's probably already in production and we can have no influence on it.

While many sim racers would like to see classic series, the people with the licenses would seem to prefer that developers stick to their current products. They see these titles as a promotional tools, and may even want to keep their classic race cars as mythic beasts, rather than have them compared to modern cars.

It's a business at the end of the day, it's in Kunos best interests to go with the content that will sell the best and usually that's what ever is currently on TV.

All true, sadly.

I'm not so fussed about GT4 unless it's added as part of a multi-class update. Not sure if ACC currently supports multi-class racing where the cars are actually from different categories (so not just PRO, PRO-AM etc).

At the moment we only know there will be more DLCs, and no Nordschleife:
1580986398053.png

1580986434619.png

I would hope they add the Indianapolis track so we can do the 2020 Intercontinental GTC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%