ACC in VR - Poll

Please be objective on what we have right now in comparison to your other favorite VR Sim Racing titles.
No-one knows if Kunos are even able to fix everything in VR, so wishful thinking isn't constructive.

Generally the game needs a lot of work. From basic stuff like the controls from the outset and how to get them working in the menus through performance, matchmaking and force feedback. I think they needed another release candidate for progress that is closer to the release game. VR for me is just not playable yet, the following menu is annoying and the fixed one is stuck in the floor. It is not a slick experience at all let alone in VR.

These are the only two options? For all your talk of objectivity your bias could not be more clear and it makes this poll meaningless.

There is value in having this conversation, but not when framed like this.

I’m not voting in the poll because neither option represents my opinion but, for what it’s worth, the VR runs well for me and the game looks great. However, VR makes me extremely motion sick so I’ve probably only played 2 or 3 hours total in VR; I’m completely open to the idea that there are issues that might crop up with more time invested in it.

These are the only two options? For all your talk of objectivity your bias could not be more clear and it makes this poll meaningless.

There is value in having this conversation, but not when framed like this.

I’m not voting in the poll because neither option represents my opinion but, for what it’s worth, the VR runs well for me and the game looks great. However, VR makes me extremely motion sick so I’ve probably only played 2 or 3 hours total in VR; I’m completely open to the idea that there are issues that might crop up with more time invested in it.

I'm happy to change the options if you want to suggest something else that's unambiguous and to the point.

Regarding objectivity, I'm not sure how else you might frame this given the comparable titles that all seem to run very well at 90FPS for even lower end PC's?
For the purposes of a poll, it either works well and you want to spend more time in VR on ACC, or it doesn't.

I'm open to suggestions on how the choices might be more palatable for you.

I wish success for Kunos, I've purchased every piece of content for AC, and thanks to the SOL mod still race to this day.
But ignoring the issues is counter-intuitive, and sometimes we just need to get to the basics of an issue without all the fluff.
It either works really well as intended, or it doesn't.

You should cast your vote as it needs more work.

BTW - you talked of motion sickness, is that just in ACC or is this an issue for you across all VR titles?
I know people who suffer badly from 'VR sickness' so it's simply not an option for them.
There's some very cool tech in development to combat that actually, the most ingenious I've seen uses light pulses from an LED light ring that goes around the outer edges of the lens.
Supposedly stops motion sickness and if successful could be an 'add on' 3rd party option for current headsets, assuming it's not purchased and made proprietary by Oculus or the likes.

Last edited:
This is just a trap poll so he can prove his point :)

In my case its a good (not amazing) experience, that if course could (and probably will) be better. Totally worth the ridiculous 25 Euro I paid for it, that has provided me hundreds of hours of enjoyment until now, and will reach the thousands for sure.

It is a trap because the first option is just a joke :)

Actually, your recent response in the other thread inspired me to create this poll.
I quote:
"Seriously, I just had a thrilling race at Hungaroring, on VR, storm conditions, full grid, all really smooth. Something like this you can't experience it on ANY other sim right now. How would I not enjoy it?"

So by your own words, the VR experience is so good that it beats any other SIM right now - there are other sims with weather, rain etc. So what else can't anyone experience in 'ANY' other Sim right now?
You need to keep track of what you say Jorge because the first option is obviously for you, but now it's a joke?
Or you are?

Haha, I know why you did it, you are way too transparent, don't worry ;)

But I will answer you, anyway. ACC is not "the best VR experience ever" for me. As I said, its just good enough not to interfere with the most important thing: the racing experience.

And I will tell you more. I too this week off from work, and decided to reinstall windows because the previous installation was already a mess. And you know what I installed first? ACC.

And I have not yet bothered installing anything else. Because I have not felt the need to do it.

Regarding objectivity, I'm not sure how else you might frame this given the comparable titles that all seem to run very well at 90FPS for even lower end PC's?
For the purposes of a poll, it either works well and you want to spend more time in VR on ACC, or it doesn't.

I'm open to suggestions on how the choices might be more palatable for you.

It either works really well as intended, or it doesn't.

Well the options you gave here are already better than what you actually put in the poll. The issue is that you leave no option for a middle ground. Your options are literally, “this is the best VR experience I have ever had,” or “this is so poorly implemented that I won’t play it.” For me, this is not the best VR experience I have ever had, but it works as well as the VR in any other sim title, and with substantially better graphics than anything else in the category. If I were able to bear it, it is likely the only way I would play. That certainly doesn’t mean I wouldn’t appreciate improvement. I suspect there are a good number of people in that category with me.

Regarding the motion sickness: sadly it happens in any VR experience where I am not directly controlling it by walking around in physical space. I hadn’t seen any of these solutions in development that you posted, I’ll have to look in to that in more depth. It’s really interesting and I hope it works. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Haha, I know why you did it, you are way too transparent, don't worry ;)

Lord help me......
Jorge, this is a title that we all paid our own money for.

Speaking of 'transparency', you see only what you want to see.
You know nothing about me other than the fact you disagree with me/dislike my comments.
And other than that, you know literally nothing about me as a person, yet you have used those ideas to conjure up some profile in your own mind.
You have thrown many stones at me, called me many things, including a 'Witch Hunter" which I thought was fantastic.
Yet you haven't once backed up anything you claim that might help others understand the potential you seem to see?
Do you see how childish that looks?

Instead perhaps tell us all why you seem to be having the best experience with some substance.
If it offers a VR experience that cannot be had in any other sim, please share this with the community.

Stop taking it so personally.
It's a forum, it's going to have different thoughts and opinions that differ from our own.

Well the options you gave here are already better than what you actually put in the poll. The issue is that you leave no option for a middle ground. Your options are literally, “this is the best VR experience I have ever had,” or “this is so poorly implemented that I won’t play it.” For me, this is not the best VR experience I have ever had, but it works as well as the VR in any other sim title, and with substantially better graphics than anything else in the category. If I were able to bear it, it is likely the only way I would play. That certainly doesn’t mean I wouldn’t appreciate improvement. I suspect there are a good number of people in that category with me.

Regarding the motion sickness: sadly it happens in any VR experience where I am not directly controlling it by walking around in physical space. I hadn’t seen any of these solutions in development that you posted, I’ll have to look in to that in more depth. It’s really interesting and I hope it works. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Added a 3rd option based on your words. Hopefully that provides an option you are comfortable with.

Stop taking it so personally.
It's a forum, it's going to have different thoughts and opinions that differ from our own.

You create a trap poll with two options, and choose the first one because you think only me would choose it, and I am taking things too personally? Right! :D

Instead perhaps tell us all why you seem to be having the best experience with some substance.
If it offers a VR experience that cannot be had in any other sim, please share this with the community.

I already explained it, but you seemed to ignore it. Its not about the VR experience. There are VR specific games for that (I dont own any, but I'm sure they exist). Its about the racing experience. And yes, I only race on VR.

And before the moderators show their guns, this is my last answer, I think it was enough :)

Added a 3rd option based on your words. Hopefully that provides an option you are comfortable with.

Yes, that at least provides an option in the middle, thank you. Unfortunately 9 people had already voted, but that's ok I suppose, maybe it wouldn't have changed anything.

Though I'm starting to get the distinct impression I have just stumbled into an argument that has spilled over from a different thread. :whistling:

I think the basic VR experience is already showing to be better than AC in a lot of ways. It's much more integrated into the game, just having the UI in VR is a huge improvement over AC. Obviously it's easier to get much more performance out of AC because it's an older title but it was a pain in the hole in VR, jumping between the screen and the headset.

I can't comment much further, because the game isn't finished. There are a number of annoyances that are probably down to the games stage of development.

Performance is an issue. I am at low almost everywhere graphically and I feel I'm missing out. I have my doubts that optimisation is going to improve things all that much. Now, the game is perfectly playable for me I get 90fps hotlapping and 45 in a race.

I don't think my 1070 is up to the task though. ACC is bang up to date and as such is a resource hog. I'm going to start saving for a 2070, I think that's probably they only way to get the experience I want and that's on me, I could be happy with my experience but I didn't go buying a goddmaned 8086K to be playing anything on low.

Plays fine on my 9700k 32gb 2080ti. But lets not beat about the bush, while it's got about 80% of PC2 in terms of the looks, AAC comes in 4 or 5th place performance wise. PC2 is silk smooth, ACC needs some work to get to 2nd spot.

Perfectly playable, it's just when you fire up PC2 you see the disappointing difference.

I bought ACC on release but the laggy menus meant I only went back to it today. After resolving the lag I had my first play in VR and have to say I couldn't be more disappointed. The cockpits look great but the environments are jagged, shimmery and blurry with the various settings I tried (980Ti, 6600k, Rift CV1).
Kunos cannot be happy with the results from UE4 so far, especially when AC looks so much better with the shader patch and Sol mods.

VR is really still unusable for me - period. The UI menu is inaccessible as it's well below the screen. So, getting to actually race in VR is impossible.

FWIW, this is with WMR and has been the same issue since VR was first implemented in ACC. I don't understand why this can't be corrected. Another early release racing sim using the Unreal engine (KartKraft) has gotten it figured out, so why can't Kunos?

the environments are jagged, shimmery and blurry with the various settings I tried (980Ti, 6600k, Rift CV1).

You won't be able to do this with a 980ti, but scaling the game at 2.0 in the steamvr render scale, forcing motion smoothing (ASW) makes the game look much better, easily on a par with AC, if only at 45fps.

Not quite as nice as PCARS 2, but not far behind. Like yourself when I was using a 1070, I thought it look fairly c***

The game does need to be optimized for VR, but if you're running high end it does look decent and is more than playable at 45 frames. They do need to work on the menu's and UI, but i'm 99% sure that's coming. In the mean time, just reset your seating position in steam VR to centralize the menu.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%