ACC graphics settings help

Can anyone help with the graoic settings for ACC. At 1080p the game looks average but any higher settings I cannot get good framerate. I have a Gtx 1060 and intel i7 2600 CPU @ 3.40ghz. I know its not the fastest rig. I know its ACC is beta but just looking of some advise. Thanks

View Distance High/Epic
Shadows - Low
Temporal AA - High/Epic
Effects - Low/medium
Post-Processing - Low/Medium
Sharpness - 50-100 (mine is on 85%)
Textures - High
Foliage - Medium
Mirror Quality (depends play around with it. Currently mine is set to OFF)
Motion Blur - Off

You can play around with Resolution Scale which is basically an Upscale slider, the default is 100 you can try 105-115 depending on if you get acceptable frame rate.

acc_graphic_settings-jpg.286586

These are my settings with gtx 1070 at 3440x1440. I'd say with your 1060 at fullHD you can use the same settings but put the resolution scale to 100-120% :)

One thing to note: with these settings in always cpu limited! 2600k @ 4.4 GHz.
The biggest fps eater is "visible opponents"! It increases cpu load more than gpu load so my fps are the following:
Full grid, race start:
Visible oppenents to 1: 100 fps, 90% graphics card load.
Visible opponents to all: 70 fps, 90% graphics card load.

So you see, more visible cars increase the graphics card load but at the same time your processor will die a thousand deaths and limit the fps so far lower, that your graphics card load pretty much stays the same (more cars and lower fps dialing out each other).

Anyway, try my settings but also try them and put the resolution scale to the minimum to check what your cpu would be capable off if you would've a 2080ti.
Then you can play with the settings until the fps go lower again. Then you'll be gpu limited instead of cpu :)

Burn Temporal AA with fire. Don't use it, makes the game look like **** on moving objects. And considering it's a racing game, yeah... Right now I'm living with jacky edges because FXAA is too smudgy, and TAA is just bad.

That's not what I see on my system. QHD with TAA and I get clean, sharp graphics with no ghosting from inside the car whilst racing. Replays very occasionally show slight ghosting, but not too obvious. Are you using 1920x1080 resolution as that seems to have more graphics issues? There are plenty of videos around of great graphics with TAA.

That's not what I see on my system. QHD with TAA and I get clean, sharp graphics with no ghosting from inside the car whilst racing. Replays sometimes show slight ghosting, but not too obvious. Are you using 1920x1080 resolution as that seems to have more graphics issues? There are plenty of videos around of great graphics with TAA.
Try to race with the chase cam and you'll see some pretty weird ghosting from your car's rear.
I agree though, taa got better from patch to patch. I played both on 1080p 27" and 1440p 34" (same height) and it was a bit worse in 1080p but not much.
Maybe some still have their custom values in the ini files or messed them up in general.

I'm still having hope. Looking at battlefield 1 and 5 the TAA is fecking brilliant!

OK, I think Rasmus has some good points. I was having horrendous frame drag even though Steam was reporting my pc was drawing 45-50 fps. Now I now why - CPU!

Who could imagine that being the case - I have a 6-core pc! :confused::confused:

CPU i7-8750 __ 8th gen - 6 cores
12 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Nvidia GTX1060 MaxQ 6GB

If you experience the frame drag as I mentioned when Steam is reporting a suspiciously high number, then turn down the # of opponents and the # drawn.

I'm still hopeful ACC comes on better - with the CPU workload I'm sure they still have all CPU Optimizations turned off and the CPU load will probably only get worse with 0.6 release unless they decide to turn on compiler optimizations.

But aside from that I have 2 horrendous problems - the marble/grains on the side of track that seem to stick with the screen (they don't get re-drawn with the landscape) and the graphics have become overall horrendous with the high workload. This seems to have really come on with the latest 0.5 update, maybe they forgot to turn off debug symbols or something. Kunos - please make a beta release with optimizations! Otherwise, I have to quit playing until maybe the final release.

Look at my hardware!
6 core i7
GTX 1060 6GB
The CPUs are MAXing out and the Video Card is reporting 95% utilization at 1080p!!!
:O_o:

My pc by default has Hyperthreading turned on so it shows 12 processors, all maxed out by ACC! Maybe I should turn that off? Don't really want to bother, nor do I think it should be necessary...

My pc by default has Hyperthreading turned on so it shows 12 processors, all maxed out by ACC
That's very unlikely IMO. In my experience (on both i7 2600k and Ryzen 2600), with 20 AI cars, ACC uses 2 threads very heavily (to the point of maxing them out) and 3-4 threads with some moderate CPU use. That's all. I highly doubt the game alone is maxing out your 12 HW threads. And the performance of the game is very dependent on those 2 heavily used threads, the rest don't really matter, and you can still be CPU limited even with a relatively low-end GPU like your 1060 (though your GPU usage of 95 % suggests you are very near the GPU limits with your specific graphics settings). So it is still very much limited by the single core performance of your CPU, even on surprisingly high(er)-end CPUs with a lot of cores/threads.

If you're really getting all 12 HW threads maxed out by running ACC, I'd say there's something more going on on your system as that shouldn't be happening on a 6c/12t CPU.

Oh, and you certainly won't help anything by turning off hyperthreading, quite the opposite.

What Martin said :)
I sadly don't really have any clue what's going on but what settings do you use?
My posted settings with lowered visible cars should work fine in 1080p on your 1060. Put the resolution scale to 100% though. Rest like in my Screenshot.

I was wondering what kind of cpu the 8750 is. Maybe you should've added that you're playing on a laptop :p so the 1060 might be slightly less powerful than a standard desktop 1060 and your i7 clocks a lot lower than the desktop equivalent, meaning a similar performance to my overclocked I7 2600k at 4.4 GHz.

You should check if your cpu is throttling down. Check the clockspeeds (cpu-z for example or just the Taskmanager/Ressource Manager).

640 x 480, drop screen resolution to this,
that should help eliminate CPU or GPU.

This is really a question, :geek:I have tried this and I am
wondering if it is a valid test. ??????????

640 x 480, drop screen resolution to this,
that should help eliminate CPU or GPU.

This is really a question, :geek:I have tried this and I am
wondering if it is a valid test. ??????????
It is. Although I'd recommend 800x600 since 640x480 isn't supported by modern monitors and will result in black screen :p

It's not about picking the lowest resolution though. It's just a good and easy test to lower the load of the graphics card extremely while maintaining all draw calls, shadow resolutions, reflections etc etc that might cause CPU load too.
A low resolution will lower the CPU load too but not by any big amounts. It reduces the stress on the PCI lanes and therefore on the output of the CPU too. Negligible!

So yeah, dropping resolution will leave all graphic settings as they are, keep the CPU load at the same and drop the graphics card load massively.

Here are some real values from my system, which is limited by my i7 2600k and not by my gtx 1070:

ACC_CPU_Bottleneck_Test_1440p.JPG

ACC_CPU_Bottleneck_Test_1280x1024.JPG

definitely cpu limited, same with my i7 3770, but the cpu load seems almost same %59 vs %53, so it heavly not load on all cores, check with overlay to see the cores load individually.

definitely cpu limited, same with my i7 3770, but the cpu load seems almost same %59 vs %53, so it heavly not load on all cores, check with overlay to see the cores load individually.
Was only to demonstrate my cpu limit. Acc uses about 3 application threads but my i7 got 8 cpu threads. In theory that would mean it can't go over (100/8)*3=37.5% plus a bit of windows, background and the smaller application threads of acc.
But due to Windows ability to spread the load of one single thread across all cores at least to some extend it uses a lot more :)
Overall usage is average: 65% and peaks up to 81% For a full grid race start at Zolder, all cars visible, last position. All these graphs below peak at 81% maximum. Not one at a 100%.

Here's how the specific cpu thread loads do look like:
upload_2019-1-28_14-51-53.png

but the cpu load seems almost same %59 vs %53, so it heavly not load on all cores, check with overlay to see the cores load individually
Checking individual core load is almost useless with modern CPUs and systems, it won't tell you much, as Rasmus already suggested. More so on Intel systems, as it seems from my own experience. You can easily see all cores below 50 % and still have a key thread maxed out and limiting your performance (and you almost certainly *will* with ACC). The only way to be sure if you're CPU limited is to look at the thread CPU usage using some tool that can show you that (I use Process Explorer, again based on Rasmus' suggestion). And honestly, it is pretty eye-opening if you start looking at these things.

You can kinda force apps to run on specific cores using the CPU affinity setting, but there are still limits to what you can do and, most importantly, you're likely to do a worse job than the default OS scheduler does.

That's not what I see on my system. QHD with TAA and I get clean, sharp graphics with no ghosting from inside the car whilst racing. Replays very occasionally show slight ghosting, but not too obvious. Are you using 1920x1080 resolution as that seems to have more graphics issues? There are plenty of videos around of great graphics with TAA.
Dunno about QHD. I play 1440p and even with TAA, I'm getting some weird motion artifacts on fences. It's not super noticable, but it's there. But the worst, IMO, is the dash in the car. It loses sharpness and gets blurry when you shift gear especially.

That's very unlikely IMO. In my experience (on both i7 2600k and Ryzen 2600), with 20 AI cars, ACC uses 2 threads very heavily (to the point of maxing them out) and 3-4 threads with some moderate CPU use. That's all. I highly doubt the game alone is maxing out your 12 HW threads. And the performance of the game is very dependent on those 2 heavily used threads, the rest don't really matter, and you can still be CPU limited even with a relatively low-end GPU like your 1060 (though your GPU usage of 95 % suggests you are very near the GPU limits with your specific graphics settings). So it is still very much limited by the single core performance of your CPU, even on surprisingly high(er)-end CPUs with a lot of cores/threads.

If you're really getting all 12 HW threads maxed out by running ACC, I'd say there's something more going on on your system as that shouldn't be happening on a 6c/12t CPU.

Oh, and you certainly won't help anything by turning off hyperthreading, quite the opposite.

Well, OK, Martin, perhaps there is more than 1 person here qualified to talk about this.
I up front totally disagree with you that the 1060 is a "low-end" GPU. I, in fact, would call it mid-to-high end, discounting the new and not-debugged-enough RTX series, it is only out-performed by the 1070 and 1080 series. Here's the GPU Benchmarks to prove my point:
GTX1080 .... 12,385
GTX1070 .... 11,291 .....< ACC's recommended GPU
GTX1060 .... 9,061
GTX1060 .... 7,734 .....<(MaxQ 6GB) my GPU and 3x faster than the minimum
GTX 1050Ti...5,981
GTX460 ..... 2,654 ..... < This is ACC's minimum GPU

Wow!! A lot of people out there with a 1050Ti or less. Most people, that is. They won't be racing on this game in multiplayer with more than 10 cars displaying even with turning off all the good graphics.

As for the CPU, I posted the note about CPU load without digging further because I was rather shocked. No other game, rFactor2, PC2, or anything else I have comes close to working the CPUs like that. That's really all you need to know to know it's surprising.

But to get to the facts, the CPU has a Passmark benchmark of 12,460. ACC's recommended CPU is benchmarking ~12,700. So it's inaccurate at best to portray my CPU as under-powered or to say, "oh, it's a mobile"....:O_o:

As someone whose career includes over 20 years coding, though these days mostly web sites but including 2 years of PC Assembler programming, yes, I am shocked at the CPU load here (compare it to rFactor2 which is DX11, too).
Check for yourself the 2 screen prints I'm posting to give the background and I think my initial shock is more than well supported. I would guess that when they turn on CPU optimizations that should make the code ~30% more efficient hopefully, and not sure if some of that can be offloaded to the GPU, but my GPU is already relatively maxed out, too. This is amazing given that, in my opinion, Paul Ricard on rFactor2 looks better than Paul Ricard on ACC (which is a shame).
I'm pretty sure CPU optimizations alone won't solve the load problem, meaning they might have to drop some calculations on lower cpus. I'd say they've under-specced this on the Steam Store Page.

Before posting the screen captures, there's still the 2 horrendous graphics problems I described. Anyone else seeing the full spread of grain/marbles on the grass near the track, where the marbles don't move with the grass? I've only had this since 0.5.1 or so and it's very distracting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Load graph from Task Manager:
system_resource_load_from_acc

view

You can see on the next graph where I stopped ACC in the middle (about 2 minutes prior to taking the pic). The CPU cores were obviously heavily loaded; though 69% in the above graph at that moment.
cpu_load_from_acc_during_lap_1_of_race
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

open

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline