ACC: First Preview of Paul Ricard Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Paul Ricard.jpg

Marco Massarutto has teased a first image of a soaking wet Paul Ricard circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione - demonstrating a frighteningly lifelike looking image.

Now let us all be honest here, Paul Ricard in its modern configuration isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea when it comes to racing circuits of choice, the once legendary track having had something of a makeover in recent years to become instantly recognisable from the TV screen, but practically impossible to tell where one is driving when out on the circuit.

Thanks to the wonders of modern asphalt technology, the Paul Ricard High Tech Test Track is something rather unique in the racing world - but man is it difficult to pick out where those corners are!

Coming very soon as part of the Steam Early Access release programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni own Marco Massarutto couldn't help but spread some of the excitement by pushing out an early preview of the track under wet conditions - an image that really does showcase what is an incredible graphics engine in play with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation.

So there you go folks - Paul Ricard is ACC first look. Looks pretty good doesn't it? - even if the track is awful!

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited for Paul Ricard coming to ACC? Enjoying the title so far? Let us know below!

In RW races I was always miraculously quick in the wet...apparently because (as my cohorts told me) I was too stupid to slow down. Alas, that preternatural boost seems to have abandoned me....

The Paul Richard track is definitly not one of my favorites, but I take it as a part of the blanc pain story.

But I am really suprised by the statement "already very impressive feeling racing simulation". The current implementation of controls is nothing less than a joke. Take a deep dive in the corresponding support forum. A lot of users complain about twitchy steering and the missing of basic control setup parameters. That is far away from being impressive. That is poor.

Cheers

Wait...am I the only one who likes Paul Ricard? Yea the corners are sometimes hard to see, but hey...IRL racers/sim-racers didn't get into racing because it's easy, right? At least when you run off into Joseph's runoff-zone of many colors, you're usually far away from any walls :D

and YES, that image is really something amazing...and thankfully I can actually believe this comes from the game itself and isn't a render (unlike some other recently released titles... :whistling: )

But I am really suprised by the statement "already very impressive feeling racing simulation". The current implementation of controls is nothing less than a joke. Take a deep dive in the corresponding support forum. A lot of users complain about twitchy steering and the missing of basic control setup parameters. That is far away from being impressive. That is poor.

Cheers

Two words (this time, in super slo-mo):

EARL-LEEEEEEEEEE.....AKKKKK-SESSSSSSSSSS......

iWKad22.jpg

Aside from the obvious aesthetic reasons, I actually find Paul Ricard a super enjoyable track to drive. It's a really interesting layout and it has something for everyone.

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got three screens"

Seriously, though, the screenshot is good. Alas, I won't be experiencing it until there is triple screen support.

I hear you. I'm really holding out hope that they implement it...but based on what I've heard it may not happen, plus the fact that it's never mentioned in the Early Access Roadmap is even more disheartening.

The BMW is very anticipated as is Paul Ricard. This sim is shaping up. It's not there but that's why it's early access. I don't play it so much now because next to others there is not so much to do. I'm sure that will change though as we see a complete sim come together. Not there yet but surely an impressive start. Sadly further along than some that say their finished. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 275 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%