ACC FFB G25 advice needed.

manu68

Premium
Hi.
I am pretty happy with my FFB + ACC .
But I made a wheelcheck yesterday of my Logitech G25, and I would like "expert" to help me to improve it and/or correct it.
What do you think of this wheelcheck results ? (never done that before)

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have currently in ACC
Gain 83%
Minimum force : 7%
Dynamic damping 45%
Road effects 15%

Steer lock 900°
Steer linearity 1.0
Brake gamma 1.7
Gearshift debouncing 50ms

Attachments

• Logitech G25 Manu68 Wheelcheck .JPG
    Logitech G25 Manu68 Wheelcheck .JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 413
(I will just point out that if you're using Wheelcheck the usual way, just letting it run on your wheel without any additional measuring equipment, you're not measuring the actual forces your wheel puts out, you are measuring the response of your rim to those forces, which means the data is essentially useless for most purposes they tend to be used for. Especially when it comes to low end forces.)

Thanks, but i understand anything :D
What does that mean in clear :roflmao: ?

I am just curious to see if wheelcheck result could help me to improve my ffb or not.

If not, no problem ;)
It means that everyone makes a big hype about wheelcheck and a LUT and improving ffb while it's all useless and if you make it "technically perfect" via wheelcheck, the ffb from your Logitech wheel will just feel awful.

Been there, done that.

Do you use my LUT for AC?
AFAIK there's an option now to use a LUT in ACC too via editing some lines in a config file.

If you want me to, I can look into this in the weekend :)

Hi Rasmus .

I use your LUT both for AC and ACC.

You know me a little, enough tout know that i am more curious than "hype" for anything.

Wheelcheck is available and i Just was curious to check my old Wheel.
I am notre sure about anything about this soft and i am not in se arch of a "LUT" thing.

I am just about curious to see if there is anything to consider after this check.

My own interpretation is that the wheel is not reliable for the small ffb forces, and that i need at least about 7% min force in game. For the rest, i am a little surprise to see that the wheel is pretty linear after this initial phase. Not exactly what i have read and see about logitech wheels in général.

Last edited:
Hi Rasmus .

I use your LUT both for AC and ACC.

You know me a little, enough tout know that i am more curious than "hype" for anything.

Wheelcheck is available and i Just was curious to check my old Wheel.
I am notre sure about anything about this soft and i am not in se arch of a "LUT" thing.

I am just about curious to see if there is anything to consider after this check.

My own interpretation is that the wheel is not reliable for the small ffb forces, and that i need at least about 7% min force in game. For the rest, i am a little surprise to see that the wheel is pretty linear after this initial phase. Not exactly what i have read and see about logitech wheels in général.
Ah alright :)

No, there's nothing to consider.. As Martin mentioned that software doesn't measure how linear you will feel the forces, it only measures how linear the rim-spinning-response ist.
So if the static friction of the ffb base isn't linear across rotational speeds then it all becomes a mess.

I tried to "correct my G27 to be fully linear" but the result was just an extremely weird ffb that had nothing to with linear but jumped in strength...
In my opinion Logitech is pretty cheap but not dumb so their engineers made sure that the ffb FEELS linear in your hands.

Apart from the deadzone, there's nothing to "correct". 7% is decently low, my wheelcheck result was 13%.
Did you have all sliders at 100% in the Logitech software? Increasing or decreasing them will alter the results!

Anyway even that deadzone value doesn't mean a lot. The perfect minimum force amount is when the car doesn't crash on its own while driving in a straight line but at the same time you don't feel a hole or a notch at the center.

Which is not possible with most "minimum force" settings, which is why I created my LUTs to create a smooth curve for the first few percent of ffb rather than an "edge" from where the ffb starts from :)

Still I found that bit of conversation useful while researching, before purchasing ACC, wether or not my G25 would continue to provide a FFB decent experience. I still can't get FFB to be as smooth in AC using the LUT guide (though it's super tight in PC) so I feel better knowing that the linear force benchmark should not be expected to replace trial and error.

@manu68 check this video form the physics guy himself. Correct timestamp for G wheels.
I followed his settings and the wheel feels quite good. Before I really liked the game but hated the FFB.
Thanks for the link :)

I wonder what you've used before?

My settings and LUT:
Gain 100%
Minimum Gain: my lut does a curved, smoothed minimum force which equals about 10-15% depending on the used LUT
Dynamic Dampening: never really bothered with it in ACC but 50% sounds good for Logitech

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%