ACC ACC Endurance Series - Monday Nights

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Mine used to get stolen by my co driver during breaks. #seatofchampions

Attachments

• 20190609_130855.jpg
    20190609_130855.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Question just for good measure: I already replied to this post that I´d like to participate. Is it enough to get me signed up or do I have to tell someone something more about wich car and stuff?

Question just for good measure: I already replied to this post that I´d like to participate. Is it enough to get me signed up or do I have to tell someone something more about wich car and stuff?

Point Scoring
Points System
1st: 28 points
2nd: 25 points
3rd: 22 points
4th: 19 points
5th: 17 points
6th: 15 points
7th: 13 points
8th: 11 points
9th: 9 points
10th: 8 points
11th: 7 points
12th: 6 points
13th: 5 points
14th: 4 points
15th: 3 points
16th: 2 points
17th: 1 point
Best 6 scores count which means you can miss 2 races and still do well

Last edited:
Tips for this series

Please ensure your in game name matches your real name that's used on these forums.

Generally speaking your main focus is keeping the tyres in the right pressure range, this is usually anywhere between 27.5 - 28PSI for slicks and 29.5 - 31PSI for wets. Although it's not a perfect science you should expect your tyre pressures to rise and fall by 0.1PSI with every 1 to 2 degrees of track temp change.

Example
Track 32c - Current pressures 27.7psi
Track changes over time to 29c - Expect pressures to drop to around 27.4psi

This comes in to play more with accelerated time as it will be hotter at 3pm than towards the end of a race at say 7pm.

MFD
1674051940802.png

You'll want a button assigned to scroll through the MFD so you can get to the page above. You can set your base pit stop strategy in the setup page before the race but you can tweak your pit stop strategy on the fly if needed. Pressures shown are your starting pressures. You can use these to calculate what changes are needed. For example my front left cold starting pressure was 25.2PSI. If towards the end of my 1st stint my pressures are a little low for that tyre I'd bump it up from 25.2 to something like 25.6.

Experience and practice helps with all of this.

Try to set aside some time for pit stop practice. Ensure you slow down enough, SELECT FIRST GEAR then engaging the pit limiter before the pit entry line. The pit limiter won't engage unless you are in 1st.Hitting the pit stop marker can be tricky, make life easier and change to bonnet camera and get used to where you need to stop.

Use a fuel calculator to make sure you don't run out, I use this
As it's a mandatory tyre change there is no time penalty for adding fuel so it's worth splitting your 1 hour of fuel in to 2 x 30 minute tanks.

If you can get some base PSI values for a couple of different track temperatures to give you an idea :thumbsup:

If anyone else has any tips and tricks feel free to share them :)

Last edited:
Tips for this series

Please ensure your in game name matches your real name that's used on these forums.

Generally speaking your main focus is keeping the tyres in the right pressure range, this is usually anywhere between 27.5 - 28PSI for slicks and 29.5 - 31PSI for wets. Although it's not a perfect science you should expect your tyre pressures to rise and fall by 0.1PSI with every 1 to 2 degrees of track temp change.

Example
Track 32c - Current pressures 27.7psi
Track changes over time to 29c - Expect pressures to drop to around 27.4psi

This comes in to play more with accelerated time as it will be hotter at 3pm than towards the end of a race at say 7pm.

MFD
View attachment 632404
You'll want a button assigned to scroll through the MFD so you can get to the page above. You can set your base pit stop strategy in the setup page before the race but you can tweak your pit stop strategy on the fly if needed. Pressures shown are your starting pressures. You can use these to calculate what changes are needed. For example my front left cold starting pressure was 25.2PSI. If towards the end of my 1st stint my pressures are a little low for that tyre I'd bump it up from 25.2 to something like 25.6.

Experience and practice helps with all of this.

Try to set aside some time for pit stop practice. Ensure you slow down enough, SELECT FIRST GEAR then engaging the pit limiter before the pit entry line. The pit limiter won't engage unless you are in 1st.Hitting the pit stop marker can be tricky, make life easier and change to bonnet camera and get used to where you need to stop.

Use a fuel calculator to make sure you don't run out, I use this
As it's a mandatory tyre change there is no time penalty for adding fuel so it's worth splitting your 1 hour of fuel in to 2 x 30 minute tanks.

If you can get some base PSI values for a couple of different track temperatures to give you an idea :thumbsup:

If anyone else has any tips and tricks feel free to share them :)
Hi Swanny, do you really mean track 32c? I think the ambient temp is more relevant for the tire pressures. The track temp of course too but much less.

Hi Swanny, do you really mean track 32c? I think the ambient temp is more relevant for the tire pressures. The track temp of course too but much less.
I've always worked off the track temp as it's in direct contact with the tyres. If you work with ambient and it works for you then that's cool :thumbsup:

Setups
The correct setup can unlock that extra bit of speed that you won't find with just banging in practice laps. Generally you won't go wrong starting with the aggressive setup then change the tyre pressures, wing and brake bias to your liking.

If you want to find that extra bit of speed there is a great resource over at Driver61 that can help you

If you haven't got the time and have a bit of spare cash you can always check out the Coach Dave setups, I've used these previously for tracks that I couldn't get the setup right for and they are usually really good.

Don't be afraid to ask other drivers on the grid if you can try their setup too! We're all here to help each other so if you see someone in the same car as you why not watch them for a few laps during practice to see if they do anything differently? If not drop them a PM on the forum and ask for their setup :)

I’ve seen me use the safe setup and tweaking it for tracks like Bathurst, better to be safe than walled :whistling:

That Driver61 looks excellent, I’ll probably check through it rather than my normal adjust and hope routine :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back