ACC doesn't look very good...settings question

Hi guys,

New to ACC and for the past few days have been trying to setup the graphics. Tweaking the settings and also read the graphics guide on official forums to no avail. It just doesn't look that great to me, and this is comparing other sims like AC and rF2, which look fantastic and absolutely much better than what I see on ACC. I am not getting that 'wow, this is the perfect setting for my setup' feeling, as it seems there's always something off. There must be something I'm doing wrong because there's no way AC looks better than its successor.

I am not trying to run max settings, but I am trying to find a balance of fps and prettiness. My gripe is that it looks worse than the other sims with the same performance. I am running triple 1440p, 2080super, ryzen 3700x and 32gb ram. Although, fps aside, even if I am trying to get max prettiness it still looks grainy/jaggy and blurry.

What are the settings that I should be prioritizing? I have set res scale to 140%, I have tried all AA types...maybe go back to 100% and turn off in-game AA? Tbh it shouldn't take up so much of my time, even content manager for good ol' AC at least produces the results...

Cheers

You won't get it looking amazing with 1440p triples, certainly not with current hardware. I've just switched back to a single ultrawide for this very reason and that was on a similar system, 2080ti, 9700k etc.
It can still look decent though, iirc I had AA set to Low or Med using FXAA, res scale to 95%, shadows High and PP Effects at Med. Everything else at Off or Low.
It just takes a lot of experimenting, finding out which settings are the big hitters and fine tuning it all.

Hope that helps a bit. This is the one sim that kills 1440p triples for sure.

I notice very much drawing of shadows something like 50m in front of where i’m driving. It is really annoying and gets me out of the flow.

2080ti
49” samsung crg9

I tried to put some settings down but nothing helps. Anybody have a solution for this?

This problem i have in more sims AMS 2 Rfactor 2 more or less but in ACC the problem is the worst.

I notice very much drawing of shadows something like 50m in front of where i’m driving. It is really annoying and gets me out of the flow.

2080ti
49” samsung crg9

I tried to put some settings down but nothing helps. Anybody have a solution for this?

This problem i have in more sims AMS 2 Rfactor 2 more or less but in ACC the problem is the worst.
I think, iirc, turning off Hlod has a positive impact on this.

2080ti
49” samsung crg9

I recently switched from “temporal” to “ktaa” antialiasing and i think this helped with that issue and the ghosting effect.. might want to give it a shot

2080ti
49” samsung crg9

There is no solution for the shadow drawing problem, i tried a shitload of settings and .ini settings and nothing helped, even a developer in the official forum stated that it is how it is.

There is no solution for the shadow drawing problem, i tried a shitload of settings and .ini settings and nothing helped, even a developer in the official forum stated that it is how it is.
Okay that’s clear. Maybe they can implement an option to turn of the shadows in the bushes because for me it’s better to have no shadows because now the flickering on and off and brakes the immersion

Just picked up the game on Steam because it was on sale and like the OP, I find the game too look pretty bad compared to AC with mods and RRE. I think I finally figured out why, but don't know what I can do about it. The colors are lifeless and boring compared to the other two games I mentioned. Is there a graphics option that can add a little pop to the colors in some way or is this just the way it is?

Other than that, the game seems pretty good. Only been testing at Monza at the moment because I wanted to try all the cars on a track i'm familiar with. Drives really nice, sounds great, runs pretty smooth even on my average computer. Just wish it looked a little more lively.

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't scroll down far enough on the graphics settings to see the stuff about whitebalance, saturation, etc. All is better now.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years