ACC Crew Chief: beta out now

That would be great but unfortunately it looks as if it won't be possible anytime soon, going by the reply from the devs

In that post the dev was talking about making extra efforts into making ACC compatible with external tools, nothing to do with improving the ingame spotter (thing they are already doing in the last builds and will hopefully keep doing).

What will be missed the most .... the spotter ... a much better and less distractive feature than the radar ! :(
But ACC has a working spotter. I'm using that exclusively at the moment, i.e. "car left" etc. Which functionality are you missing from the spotter?
What is missing are engineer notes like gaps and laptimes of opponents. What I'd like would be a "real" engineer helping me with tyre pressures @ ambient temps, fuel amount, etc.

But ACC has a working spotter. I'm using that exclusively at the moment, i.e. "car left" etc. Which functionality are you missing from the spotter?

Using Crew Chief ... I didn't really need to hear the ACC spotter ... its sound was surely minimized so I even didn't notice that he was speaking at this moment ( together with CC maybe :D ).

He was mostly so silent for months that I never had the idea to let him say more !

Let's hope he's as efficient as the one in CC. ;)
Thanks for remembering me to give him in the future more voice power than before. :thumbsup:

What is missing are engineer notes like gaps and laptimes of opponents. What I'd like would be a "real" engineer helping me with tyre pressures @ ambient temps, fuel amount, etc.
It might just be me, but the ACC spotter is always inaccurate / can't be relied on when it comes to opponents cars.

If you want a better idea of how optimal your setup is, I advice you to have a look at the RST Racing Sim Tools app. I know it is not an engineer talking to you, but it still gives feedback with numbers and graphs based on your driving so you can use the numbers for tuning your setup. It's $15 per license and they cover a lot of the popular games. It even supports the same games on console, so I'm looking very much forward to the ACC on PS4. I'm not affiliated with them so this is not a commercial, just my personal opinion.

If you want a better idea of how optimal your setup is, I advice you to have a look at the RST Racing Sim Tools app. I know it is not an engineer talking to you, but it still gives feedback with numbers and graphs based on your driving so you can use the numbers for tuning your setup. It's $15 per license and they cover a lot of the popular games. It even supports the same games on console, so I'm looking very much forward to the ACC on PS4. I'm not affiliated with them so this is not a commercial, just my personal opinion.
Do you use it? Is it for setup-experienced users?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%