Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Hi all,

I'd just like to get your thoughts on a few things please. Would any of you like to see dawn, dusk or night races?
How about wet races?

We've got a GT4 race coming up at Donington next week to see what the interest it like for these cars. I personally think these are great to race in especially around smaller circuits.

As the races are only half an hour I'd like to keep things simple for now. When numbers are higher and the teams feature comes to simracing.gp maybe we could do a 1 hour event on weekends with a driver swap.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Hi all,

I'd just like to get your thoughts on a few things please. Would any of you like to see dawn, dusk or night races?
How about wet races?

How about wet races at night ? I love doing those, they're quite the experience in VR. Think Suzuka at night in heavy rain :geek:

It's great you started this thread 'cos I was thinking about this myself the other day, and I had about the same suggestions as you in mind. Racing in variable conditions would be nice too, but I guess you'd need longer races to make that interesting. For me personally, the 30' sprint races are an ideal format due to real life obligations, but longer races in variable weather could be really cool too.

@SwannyUK , following your post about using the custom Gulf Ginetta livery for the Doni GT4 event, it might be an idea to create some kind of custom livery repository thread in this sub-forum so people can download 'em all ? That way we could avoid seeing all-white liveries in the races and give everybody the opportunity to use their preferred custom liveries. And maybe combine that with a choice/preference of car numbers ?
I myself am quite content using my liveries created with the in-game editor, but should this suggestion come to fruitition, I call dibs on car numbers 274 and 742 :D

@SwannyUK , following your post about using the custom Gulf Ginetta livery for the Doni GT4 event, it might be an idea to create some kind of custom livery repository thread in this sub-forum so people can download 'em all ? That way we could avoid seeing all-white liveries in the races and give everybody the opportunity to use their preferred custom liveries. And maybe combine that with a choice/preference of car numbers ?
I myself am quite content using my liveries created with the in-game editor, but should this suggestion come to fruitition, I call dibs on car numbers 274 and 742 :D

Sounds like a great idea to me. @Ricoow what do you think?

Definately more weather options and even times of day. I did a race at Nurburgring at dusk and it looked incredible, gave it a completely different feel. This will spice things up a bit from the normal "Sunny and Fine" servers.

Sachas idea is also very good if it is possible.

I still wonder what we can do about numbers.... i cant work out why to me its still a bit low. Given the write up about GT4's in ACC and a lot of people enjoy using them im sort of expecting a good turn up for the races.

Last edited:
I've set the Oulton park race to 5pm which looks really nice. Still light but nice shadows and reflections etc.

I'll play about with the time of day offline for a dusk GT3 race in the near future.

Sounds like a great idea to me. @Ricoow what do you think?
Custom liveries are not officially supported by the game. Last I know is that it may cause stability issues with other clients that don't have the skins. It has improved but is not flawless.

Also I'd say it's quite a hassle to stay up to date with such a repo as user.

I still wonder what we can do about numbers.... i cant work out why to me its still a bit low.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that as well. With 766 current members you might expect a greater number of attendants for races, maybe not everybody's into ACC ?
I think Chris is doing a great job in announcing the events a long time ahead, guess the only thing we can do is to post replies in his threads (when we've got something "meaningful" to say, that is) so they get bumped in the "new posts" in the forum ? That way we could increase visibility and maybe race attendance ?

Custom liveries are not officially supported by the game. Last I know is that it may cause stability issues with other clients that don't have the skins. It has improved but is not flawless.

Also I'd say it's quite a hassle to stay up to date with such a repo as user.

Those are valid points, stability issues would be the last thing we need.
Still calling dibs on car numbers 274 and 742 for liveries created with the in-game editor though :laugh:

Last edited:
You know what, I was just looking through the tracks and was wondering if Bathurst could be a challenge people might want to take up.

Absolutely ! Bathurst is one of those last remaining hardcore, old school tracks. Quite tricky to get right but it has this fast, beautiful flow to it :inlove:
Should you decide to put it on the roster, preferably on a Tuesday: those are my days off from work until at least the end of June ;)

I think that using more GT4 is an excellent idea, so as to race on english tracks.
I can not explain why, but english tracks are about the best in the world. Maybe because they are not flat, a lot of curves...
You will note that this is a french guy saying that !

And of course, to make a complete package , english tracks should be use under raining/cloudy conditions !!

I entered recently a monotype serie with the ginetta on simracing.gp.
It was just fantastic. This car is fantastic.
The problem with the GT4 is that there is much more performance difference as with GT3.
Maybe monotype is better ?

I also really like to see more gt3 porsche cup monotype events, and more event starting at 18 UTC (20:00 in france). I could then race more with you.

I forgot to mention that 45 min practise is way too long, especially for GT4 with limited setup. 10 minutes are plenty enough to check again our setup or give a try at the base setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%