ACC Build 3 Released: Adds Multiplayer, Paul Ricard and BMW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build is now live!

Adding a new car in the form of the BMW M6 GT3, a new laserscanned version of the Paul Ricard circuit and a first pass at multiplayer functionality, this is indeed a big day for the team over at Kunos Simulazioni as they move into the third stage of Early Access with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As well as the new content added to the core title, today also brings a rather significant sized change log of fixes and amendments to the game. Well worth a read to understand some of the level of commitment being undertaken by Kunos at this early stage of development for ACC, the full update notes can be seen below:

• New BMW M6 GT3
  • New Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
  • Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
  • New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
  • Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
  • Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
  • Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
  • Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
  • Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
  • Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
  • Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
  • Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
  • Fixed values on setup screen
  • Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
  • Improved start assist
  • Improved TC logic
  • TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
  • Improved pitlane limiter function.
  • Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
  • Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
  • Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
  • Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
  • Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
  • Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
  • Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
  • Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
  • Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
  • Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
  • pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
  • removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
  • Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
  • textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
  • minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
  • Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
  • New audio device selector in audio options
  • Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
  • Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
  • Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
  • Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
  • Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
  • Events poliphony optimization
  • Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
  • Minor audio fixes
  • Performance optimizations in the game thread
  • Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
  • Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
  • Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

With ACC now having reached the third update release, the title has bumped up in price accordingly. Any new adopters of the game will now have to pay a still very reasonable £29.99, and can pick the title up from the Steam platform for PC systems. Kunos have not yet revealed if the game will be moving to console in future, with more news on that subject expected when development matures heading into 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Release 3 Update.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I had a nice experience today on the nurb with multiplayer mode.

Only 46fps which probably explains micro lags but so far the multi worked fine with me.
Nice to have free pratice with 86 drivers though i only saw about 10 on track.

Keep the good work Kunos and thanks for this new simulation.
I always felt like driving a cadillac with AC now i feel like driving a GT3.

Hey guys.
This is probably going to sound stupid and strange, but I´ll try it out anyway.

First of all - we have once again established the fact that gaming is religion. I mean - I have seen a lot of titles (also in Early Access) being judged. Being judged hard. Being judged violently even. And this title - ACC, well I see people saying that the VR sucks, that the FBB sucks, that the AI sucks that the UI sucks... and so on and so on - and still most have those closing remarks stating that "the future looks bright", "The end result will be epic", and all that.
Nothing wrong with that - don´t get me wrong. I purchased it too, and I update it and try it out when the updates come - but then I seem to forget it until next update.

Now - what is to say about ACC? I am not really sure. I load it up - find a car, and a track - and hey luckily the choices are now much broader than couple of months ago - I mean - one car, one track - one choice. Then two cars, two tracks - four combinations. And as of yesterday, three cars, three tracks - nine combinations... so getting better in that department for sure - and soon it will be 16.

So - as i said, I enter a car on a track. Sit there, and feel - nothing! I don´t know why, but the title, at least for now gives me nothing at all in the joyful emotions department. I don´t feel "Yeaaaa going to race now" It feels more like I am looking at a picture - a painting, of a car on a track. Graphics are nice enough - but it dosen´t exactly feel... real.
It feels to me, kind of like Arnold Schwarzenegger in "Terminator" - the original one. Arnold had it all. body, muscles, skin and attitude. But he didn´t have any soul at all. He felt OFF. This was on purpose of course and part of his charm. They did put some soul into him in the sequel, which was kind of a shame - but hey that´s Hollywood for ya.

Entering ACC, I have the same feeling. The game has the Cars, the Tracks, the bells and whistles. But for me at least - it lacks soul. It feels OFF somehow. Feels like kissing your sister...

Not to flame anything - not to be rude. But this is, in all honesty how I feel about it - and I don´t really know why. Cannot put a finger on what it is - why it feels like that to me, but it does.

Not really helping the devs with this, I am aware, and I´ll try to figure out something more helpful to say - but for now this is my $0.02.
Maybe because it contains only boring GT3 cars... :roflmao:. I know GT3 is the most raced category currently in sim racing (I'm starting to use it more just to be able to enter some online races), but in other racing sims you always have other options for a change and cooler experience (faster or funnier).

I felt this lack of personnality in Assetto Corsa though. The presentation was very clean but something was missing. Maybe too clinically clean? Or the black and red colors? Something commin to both titles? I must admit i launched ACC only ine time and prefer to wait a more advanced built to make any judgement. I'm pretty confident with kunos, they may release a game far from perfect, if they meet the milestones of their roadmap, but they have shown in the past they were able to support their product way beyond its release.

Last edited:
Early game ok, but they made us photo realistic screens with a UE4 sold as the messi, but in game none of that yet... and I'm not even talking about the VR for now AC is better, the paul ricard is awful in VR I'm not talking about performance or IA/ffb/physics it's too early yet! still a lot of work to do!

It was predictable this would not look as good as presented. Unreal Engine based games always have a "cartoony" feel.

But I must admit that in some external views, ACC looks really good and pretty photorealistic. They are using the engine better than I expected. Onboard, on the contrary, I'm not impressed because of the rendering of the dashboard, which is tipically an UE thing, the "cartoony" thing. But that is not the most important thing atm I assume, I just hope they will be able to work on that aspect. Dashboard rendering is important imo for the immersion.

Last edited:
Onboard, on the contrary, I'm not impressed because of the rendering of the dashboard, which is tipically UE based, "cartoony". But that is not the most important thing atm I assume, I just hope they will be able to work on that aspect. Dashboard rendering is important imo for the immersion.

That's surely the second reason.
I begin to wonder why they chose that UE for ACC ... it doesn't look at all to be the right one for a car sim.

Seriously. How to spoil immersion. Bonnet cam is for arcade games, just like 3rd person cam.

In all other sims where my GPU can handle 3 screens I use cockpit, but I just can't see enough from cockpit with single screen. Just because it's on bonnet does not make it the same as 3rd person view, you still feel yaw etc exactly the same as cockpit. Just see it as a workaround for now, I mean driving single seaters feels almost identical to bonnet cam, nothing arcade about it!

Also, when you're in a real car your attention is focused on the road, and you forget about the car interior which is impossible to do in sim because your view is so limited.
Before you write a reply slagging it off, why not just try it?

M6 drives way better and nicely balanced als on the wet. Not saying it's miles ahead of Lambo/Bentley, it just drives/slides(in the rain with TC off) realistically imho.
I attend track and driftdays in real life but never drove an M6 GT3 irl though:)

Cheers
Robin

Chris Zoechling who drove an M6 in GT Masters has been streaming the game a lot ( and has a similar opinion as me, I'm glad to see ) so we should get a first hand opinion of the car when he's back.
-
As for sterility I don't really see it - I don't rate the UI much which will contribute, but graphically it's more immersive than say, iRacing by some distance & audio is as good as anything. AC still has better feedback at the moment imo ( I don't get how, but whatever ). I already touched on content limitations which has made me a little unhappy since this thing was announced, but it is what it is.

That's surely the second reason.
I begin to wonder why they chose that UE for ACC ... it doesn't look at all to be the right one for a car sim.
Well, did they have a really better choice? I assume the unreal engine is massively used for good reasons. A racing sim being before all a simulator, not a graphics showcase, I assume the best choice for a racing sim developper is the easiest and most effective graphic engine to use. It's better to put the ressources on the physics department and to use an effective graphic engine which provides good results at a reasonable cost in a reasonable time.

Any software at version 0.3 will have lots of problems; there is nothing unusual in that. However, such early iterations are usually tested as part of a closed beta schedule rather than in public early access. Unless Kunos performs miracles, it will be quite some time before ACC is a mature, finished product. The original Assetto Corsa improved steadily over the years, although ACC has a much stricter schedule.

Any software at version 0.3 will have lots of problems; there is nothing unusual in that. However, such early iterations are usually tested as part of a closed beta schedule rather than in public early access. Unless Kunos performs miracles, it will be quite some time before ACC is a mature, finished product. The original Assetto Corsa improved steadily over the years, although ACC has a much stricter schedule.
Well, it will be the version 1.0 at release, as scheduled in the roadmap, and after one year and a few updates we'll get a 1.5 version...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%