ACC at 30 FPS on the PC?

If it was locked at 30fps on the pc the meltdown would have started in 2018, it would still be happening and it would be big enough to see from space. Every thread in this forum would be about it.

Also, the game would have flopped and it would never have got to console, which is the only platform where it wil be locked at 30fps.

I have been a PC gamer since @ 1993. I don't know anything about gaming consoles. When I saw that post somewhere yesterday (about FPS for ACC on the PC) it seemed weird to me.... I guess the person made a typo and he meant console.

My PC is quite fast and I get very high FPS in all games. I had a good OC on the CPU with an EK custom water cooling loop. I had to return the MB right away (under W). So I had to remove the whole EK loop... what a pain. I ended up removing the EK cooling and went to a Noctua HSF.

I don't know why the above guys reacted as they did. I'm sorry if you thought I was criticizing consoles... did not intend that.

I don't even have this sim yet, but thought I saw a headline on some site about this.

Is it true? And is it an issue?

It depends. If you’re trying to run at 4k with high settings on an older PC, then quite possibly. However, most people will get much higher frame rates than this. I play at 1440p with a system several years old now and average significantly more than 60 FPS at very high settings with large grids. ACC certainly seems to need more computing power than most other sims but 30 FPS on the average PC is very pessimistic.

With my home-built rig, I'm running at 2560x1440 at 144Hz refresh with 'high' graphics settings on an Acer Predator 27", IPS panel, model XB271HU.

I may be getting an ultra-wide monitor if I enjoy sim car racing as much as I believe I will (my components are on order now). My current (subject to change) favorite monitor is the TFT favorite LG 38GL950G (38", native G-sync module, IPS panel, 21:9, 3844x1600, at 160hz). https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_38gl950g.htm

To increase computer desk space, I'd probably get this...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back