ACC and VR

Will Assetto Corsa Competizione support VR from its very first day? Didn't see no one mention.

I hope so, otherwise it'll be a huge step back to it's antecessor and it's competition.

I get the comments VR isn’t ready if you are looking at it from a pixels angle. I have a friend who says exactly that, it’s blurry, I want 4K etc etc.

He bought PCars2 and I took my Rift round his, it changed his opinion of VR. He gets why I love it, you can be sat in any car.

When you use VR for a while you forget about the drop in graphics, your brain adapts. For me I only want games that run VR, not because I am a VR snob but due to the fact I don’t have the space for a big rig. It just makes sense.

Codemasters are dropping the ball for me with not supporting VR in their F1 titles, it works so well for open wheelers.

That’s my two pence on the subject, cannot wait for the next gen Rift. It will hopefully put many of the complaints to bed.

ACC needs VR for me, which it will. I only buy games with VR in mind for sim racing.

By the way. My same friend only buys the AA titles such as Project Cars, got him to buy AC and he loves it. It’s a shame that games like that go under the radar of that type of gamer like him.

Last edited:
No VR support won’t buy it. For me rfactor2 is the best sim out there, but I couldn’t run it in VR with decent FPS, so I have switched to AC. Won’t go back to flat screen, never!

Last edited:
VR certainly needs a jump in resolution to make it more appealing/popular. That jump in resolution then needs a corresponding jump in system performance which would rule out a lot of current gaming systems. Without the sales, you won't get the development - it's a Catch 22. The other big factor that will inhibit mass adoption is that many people (me included) feel unwell after using it for a while. I've heard the argument that you just need to persist with it but that doesn't work for me - I'm not prepared to spend more hours trying in the hope that I may, eventually, not feel sick whilst racing!

The other big factor that will inhibit mass adoption is that many people (me included) feel unwell after using it for a while. I've heard the argument that you just need to persist with it but that doesn't work for me - I'm not prepared to spend more hours trying in the hope that I may, eventually, not feel sick whilst racing!

Unfortunately some people will never adjust to it; pretty much for the same reason that some people will always get sea-sick on a boat. When your eyes are telling you something different from your inner ear it can create issues, for sure. Some people never have an issue, some do and can get past it, and some will never get past it.

Luckily for me I have zero issues in racing sims as long as I'm not looking in a weird direction while moving. Tried one of the free platformer games that came with my Rift and it made me nauseous, though.

I have to say that resolution isn’t a big issue for me.Yes I would like a better resolution, but I think more FOV should be more important( some will say that real life racers have restricted FOV because of the helmet and the VR is “like” a helmet that restrictes your field of view and that’s also true .)

I have to say that resolution isn’t a big issue for me.Yes I would like a better resolution, but I think more FOV should be more important( some will say that real life racers have restricted FOV because of the helmet and the VR is “like” a helmet that restrictes your field of view and that’s also true .)

What would be ideal is a bigger FOV (handy for other games as well as Sims) but in ACC we have a Helmet Cam that artificially restricts our view, that's an immersion addition right there!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%