ACC AI

I feel you can scale them just fine. Have the AI set on 88-90% and can fight with them. What I found was yesterdays Sprint Weekend on Barcelona gave me the AI get to low 1:45 on practice, then max at high 1:47 on quali. AI set to 88%. During the race the AI felt more like 85%. Nearly laped the whole field in 1h race.
SO I think you can dial the AI in to suit your level, but during the sessions it can vary much...

Guys do you find there’s a lot of rubber banding? Don’t get the whole AI level thing IMO even if AI is low you shouldn’t be able to catch up on fast straights that easy. Regardless of how good a Racer is, on a fast straight you just are at 100% acceleration.

Guys do you find there’s a lot of rubber banding? Don’t get the whole AI level thing IMO even if AI is low you shouldn’t be able to catch up on fast straights that easy. Regardless of how good a Racer is, on a fast straight you just are at 100% acceleration.
I think they scale on lap time rather. So on Paul Ricard you will have no trouble overtaking AI on lover AI levels as they will not race at full speed. Also they will brake earlier and carry less speed through curves. I find that extremely unnerving. Hence I rather race a strong AI and be in the middle or end of the pack than coping with the above.

A more accurate representation of reality aka slower drivers would surely not be defined by them not pressing the accelerator 100% on long straightaways. Not sure if the programming of AI is limited in any way, that it can't be done "correctly".
I would like them to try, that's for sure. :)

When AI level is set <90% the AI starts to limit the amount of gas applied in every situation (including straights).

It was something that was introduced back in the days of the very first AC version on consoles (first update there IIRC) in order to accommodate players unable to keep up and used to have that kind of behavior (ie... being able to pass on the straights).

hey, don't shoot the messenger ok? :p
My suggestion is to try and race at least at 90% but never below.

Last edited:
I'm at 88% and in quali I'm fine, somewhere in the middle, but then I win 5-7 places approaching t1 and/or t2 as AI queue up. Once the dust has settled, so end of l2, a huge Trulli-train starts building up behind me and stays there all through the race. If I set aggressivenes to more than 88%, they just bump me off the track first chance and I go from hero to zero but if I set it below 89%, they do not dare to pass. still strugling to find the right settings.

When AI level is set <90% the AI starts to limit the amount of gas applied in every situation (including straights).
Ahaaa. Good to know!
Does 90%+ also prevent them from almost stopping at the chicanes? I can't actually remember how high I had it the last time I saw them doing that (frankly, it put me off using the AI at all, even just to get my SA up).

Ahaaa. Good to know!
Does 90%+ also prevent them from almost stopping at the chicanes?

No. I race at most tracks at 96 and there's always 1 or 2 corners in every track in which they struggle (especially tighter ones) even though through the course of a lap it all evens out and as the field spreads out it's usually much better.
Still, I'd rather race AI than humans every day of the week :D

Well, I set AI level to 87 and aggression to 40. But regardless of aggression level (I tried 90+) AI is very predictable what results that races looks lifeless. Scenario of all races is the same - I know exactly where on the track AI will drive in a row and where they will to try to overtake. Yes, AI in ACC is pretty decent compared to AC, but still its not top level like Raceroom where AI more fight what result to unexpected situations and more fun.

Ai just take me off the track and I spin out of control,no awareness at all.

Doesn't matter how slow I am,drivers should have the courtesy to back off instead of driving like narcissists.

I am on the easy setting but all control help turned off.

AI pretty bad.

It was something that was introduced back in the days of the very first AC version on consoles (first update there IIRC) in order to accommodate players unable to keep up and used to have that kind of behavior (ie... being able to pass on the straights).

hey, don't shoot the messenger ok? :p
My suggestion is to try and race at least at 90% but never below.

I’m mister 85 percent.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing