ACC Ai. What do you think ?

manu68

Premium
Hello.

I would like to have your opinion on the Ai.
I just tried to race online against the ai at monza.
It was just crazy.
Even at ai 10, it is about impossible to survive a lap against them.
I have been permanently collided from the back, and or the ai change petmanently its line.
Lap in about 1:51

Hadn't had a chance to go in 0.7 yet, but up until 0.6 I had both very enjoyable races with good fights on one hand and public server grade moves like the AI divebombing and then not making the corner, spinning me around on the other. They still have their quirks and their slow spots, they have the odd big flaw like ramming into you to avoid the pit exit lane, but all in all they are mostly enjoyable opponents to me.

I have found that the trick is to lower the aggression significantly, otherwise they ram you from behind going in to chicanes, T1 etc even when you’re on the pace. I had a great 30 min race yesterday with the AI at 90% skill (about right for me) and 10% aggression. It was hard fought all the way, with quite a few changes of position, including a very sneaky overtake by the AI on one of the last corners of the last lap, which I never even saw coming. But fair and clean all the way. I was super impressed with the AI, love it.

Thanks for your comments.
I have exactly the same feeling.
before the last build, i think it was more easy to race against the AI.
Especially in monza.
It is easier on the other track, but the AI are really highly agressive at monza (??)

It is for sure not very realistic to be rammed on the back when braking at 120m before the first chicane at monza, or even into the chicane itself 5or at the other chicanes), and that with the AI at 10% agression only.

With the previous build, I used to race with AI at about 40-80%

Same for me. They divebomb, ram you, push you into the gravel, snatch your rear etc.
It's good practice for public servers though! :D

It's a bit funny when you've won the RD race and the AI thinks it can break 50m later into T1 than you...

Last edited:
I got a free weekend to spend with ACC, It's been about 3 weeks since I last played it. I thought the AI was pretty fantastic. I had them at about 85 skill, 75 aggression. Had a few battles, thought the AI fought it's place well and most contact was down to me being overly aggressive. Will probably increase both skill and aggression next time I play. I found they were sitting ducks in the breaking zones on hairpins though, they always braked too early making overtakes pretty straight forward.

Hello.

I would like to have your opinion on the Ai.
I just tried to race online against the ai at monza.
It was just crazy.
Even at ai 10, it is about impossible to survive a lap against them.
I have been permanently collided from the back, and or the ai change petmanently its line.
Lap in about 1:51
everything is relative, keeping this in mind when expressing an opinion on any subject and particularly on AI in Sims, is always pertinent.
With that said, what do I think about the AI in ACC as of 0.7.2.
To me they are the best AI I have ever raced with when comparing to any other AI I have raced with in the past in other SIM. They are driving the closest I can think a real racer, not a SIM racer, a real racer, there is a big difference, will drive..
They know you are here, they will race you, all you need is chose a level you can compete at and all will be well. They can be impatient if you set them to high. They also do not all drive the same way.
Can they be better? yes, I guess and they probably will.
Are they more interesting to race with than other SIM drivers, definitely, as in they have a similar pace as you, do not pile up at t1, are lapping with consistency.
And that is my opinion on the ACC AI, since you asked.:)

Last edited:
yes, did many 2 hour races. Create custom race, mandatory pitstop for driver stint, set that for 1 hour max, or 30 min if you do an 1 hour race, aggr on 25, sill at 90. On different tracks, no problem accept the jaguar running out of fuel jst before race end

yes, did many 2 hour races. Create custom race, mandatory pitstop for driver stint, set that for 1 hour max, or 30 min if you do an 1 hour race, aggr on 25, sill at 90. On different tracks, no problem accept the jaguar running out of fuel jst before race end
Ok, that all worked well till after the pit stops. The AI would then have a bump or spin off track and most of the other AI would just stop even though you could squeeze past. That was at Zolder so not sure about other tracks. No drama as I'm sure it's all being worked on.

Scratch my last...
I used to care about the AI in this title... then Kunos put up a server with SA Rating of 50 and now I only have to go there and race similar skilled clean racers. Its absolute sim racing bliss now. Pick up and race online almost any time of the day or night.
AI was pretty good last time I did race against them, although predictable and slow into the odd 90 degree corner or chicane.
And maybe I'll give a longer race a go tomorrow morning once I've put the baby to sleep

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.1%