Hello everyone.
I own an old G29 (+ Fanatec Pedals CSL). My configuration:

Logitech Game Software (LGS) V.9.02.65
Firmware 89.0.25
Sensitivity 50
900°
Centering spring DISABLED ( 10%)
---------------
Mod .ini file + LUT via iRacing FFT 1.72 + Steering Wheel Master. (SILENTE MOD, which means low clipping mode)
---------------
ACC 1.8.6 original
Gain 100%
Min Force 0%
Damper 0% (Not present in 1.7.x version)
Dynamic Damper 100%
Road Effects 15%
Freq 400Mhz
Steer Lock 900
Steer Linear 1.00
Brake 2.20
Gear G 50ms
Manufact Ex ENABLED
----------------

Until update 1.7.x I never had any problem.
With these settings the dead zone is eliminated, the steering wheel opposes the right resistance and the curbs feel distinctly. The feeling is perfect and the vibration in the curbs is "soft", without clipping.
With update 1.8.x my G29 no longer works as before. Now the FFB seems to be amplified exponentially, and any modification brings clipping and vibrations are always too high. The curbs look like sidewalks. Even at high speeds in the straight line the vibrations increase considerably.
I can’t drive anymore and I risk damaging my steering wheel.

I tried a bit of everything, even lowering the Road Effect to 0%, but the result is always the same.
I’ve done several tests, tried to use LGhub instead of LGS, but the problem persists.

This is an example between the two versions, leaving the settings identical. I hold the wheel with two fingers.
(In V1.7.x PRO is on the top left. In V1.8.x PRO is on the bottom right.):

To be able to get a ride without clipping I have to lower the Gain to 30 - 35%, but the steering wheel is obviously too light, without resisting, and anyway the effect of vibrations is far from version 1.7.x

Is there anyone in my situation?
What can I do to fix the problem?
Thanks to all those who can help me.

Last edited:
I experienced exactly the same with the update to V1.8.x (Im on a Logitech G923)
I tried no lut file, lut file, real force on and off, nothing fixes it except lowering gain with way to low general force

Edit: Try the follwing
1. Delete your Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder (do backup of setups and such, but make sure to delete controller configs and do not restore them)
2. Unistall vjoy drivers (if you have used it previously)
3. Start ACC once (to create the Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder again)
4. Follow this guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1958400217
5. I used "G25+G27+G29_NoClipButStronger_recommended"
6. Set Gamma to VALUE=0.75 in the ff_post_process.ini (no idea if this actually does something)

Gain was set to 100 and dynamic damping also to default 100.
Feels a lot better now over most kerbs! A bit of ratteling still over some steep ones.

Last edited:
Thanks F1, I will try your suggestions.

28/12/2021

I did a lot of testing, but I couldn’t find the right compromise.
On all the curbs the feeling is to climb well beyond the actual slope of the curb itself, but I can get past that.

While on the "serrated" (non smooth) curbs, where you are forced to follow the trajectory to try to make a decent time, the vibrations are too strong and there’s no way to dampen them.
With our steering wheels, at least for me, this is quite a handicap, because literally the car tends to lose the line.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years