Resource icon

Apps AC_TrackCycle 2.8.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Andrew,

if you want to use MinoRating or any other external plugin together with AC_Track_Cycle you need to find this line in the AC_TrackCycle.exe.config
Code:
<!--<add key="external_plugins" value="OtherPlugin, 11001, 127.0.0.1:12001"/>-->
and activate it by removing the <!-- and --> so it looks like this
Code:
<add key="external_plugins" value="OtherPlugin, 11001, 127.0.0.1:12001"/>
Optionally you can change the name of the plugin from 'OtherPlugin' to something more meaningful like 'MR'.
AC_Track_Cycle then works as an broadcaster for the other plugin that listens and sends to the specified ports.
So you need to specify these ports in MinoRatingPlugin.exe.config by changing
Code:
<!-- AcServer/proxy listening port like defined in UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT. Uncomment to override it (Proxy/Relay), otherwise MR will read it from the config -->
<!--<add key="ac_server_port" value="11000" />-->
<!-- Plugin listening port towards acServer/proxy like defined in UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=12000 (without 127.0.0.1, port number only) -->
<!-- Uncomment to override it (Proxy/Relay), otherwise MR will read it from the config -->
<!--<add key="plugin_port" value="12000" />-->
to
Code:
<!-- AcServer/proxy listening port like defined in UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT. Uncomment to override it (Proxy/Relay), otherwise MR will read it from the config -->
<add key="ac_server_port" value="11001" />
<!-- Plugin listening port towards acServer/proxy like defined in UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=12000 (without 127.0.0.1, port number only) -->
<!-- Uncomment to override it (Proxy/Relay), otherwise MR will read it from the config -->
<add key="plugin_port" value="12001" />

I think it's a good idea to restart MR every time the track changes, many plugins can't handle a track change/server restart.
Activate this line in AC_TrackCycle.exe.config by removing <!-- and --> and specify the path to the MinoRatingPlugin.exe
Code:
<add key="additional_exes" value="C:\someFolder\some.exe"/>

AC_TrackCycle.exe will now also start MR, you don't have to start MinoRatingPlugin.exe manually.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Thomas, I've been using ACTrackCycle for some months now with one single config and a track list inside it, working really fine. Now I've tried switching to config cycle. It's running and I can see the config templates when using the UI Version, but it does not change the configs after each session. It's restarting the session only. Any hints or did I miss something?

Here is the current config:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/>
</startup>
<appSettings>
<add key="ac_server_directory" value="C:\AC\server"/>
<add key="ac_server_executable" value="acServer.exe"/>
<add key="ac_cfg_directory" value="cfg"/>
<add key="start_new_log_on_new_session" value="1"/>
<add key="log_server_requests" value="0"/>
<!--<add key="internal_plugins" value="OtherPluginNamespace.OtherPluginType, OtherPluginDLL"/>-->
<add key="additional_exes" value="C:\ACMinoRating\MinoRatingPlugin.exe">
<add key="template_cycle" value="Vallelunga Trackday NODLC;NOS Trackday DP1;NOS Trackday DLC;R Monza66 GT86;R Barcelona MX5;R Spa Mustang;R Imola R8V10plus;R BlackCatL GT-R"/>
<add key="broadcast_incidents" value="2"/>
<add key="broadcast_results" value="10"/>
<add key="broadcast_fastest_lap" value="2"/>
<add key="change_track_after_every_loop" value="0"/>
<add key="kick_before_change" value="0"/>
<add key="create_server_window" value="0"/><!-- if AC_TrackCycle crashes because the acServer.exe process can not be killed on track change then set this to 1 -->
<add key="realtime_update_interval" value="1000"/> <!-- values below 1000 don't seem to work -->
<add key="welcome_message" value="Welcome $DriverName$ to $ServerName$!|Please drive respectfully!"/>
<add key="session_report_handlers" value="AC_SessionReportPlugin.JsonReportWriter, AC_SessionReportPlugin"/>
<!--<add key="session_report_handlers" value="acPlugins4net.helpers.XmlSessionReportWriter, acPlugins4net"/>-->
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Hi Thomas, I've been using ACTrackCycle for some months now with one single config and a track list inside it, working really fine. Now I've tried switching to config cycle. It's running and I can see the config templates when using the UI Version, but it does not change the configs after each session. It's restarting the session only. Any hints or did I miss something?

Here is the current config:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/>
</startup>
<appSettings>
<add key="ac_server_directory" value="C:\AC\server"/>
<add key="ac_server_executable" value="acServer.exe"/>
<add key="ac_cfg_directory" value="cfg"/>
<add key="start_new_log_on_new_session" value="1"/>
<add key="log_server_requests" value="0"/>
<!--<add key="internal_plugins" value="OtherPluginNamespace.OtherPluginType, OtherPluginDLL"/>-->
<add key="additional_exes" value="C:\ACMinoRating\MinoRatingPlugin.exe">
<add key="template_cycle" value="Vallelunga Trackday NODLC;NOS Trackday DP1;NOS Trackday DLC;R Monza66 GT86;R Barcelona MX5;R Spa Mustang;R Imola R8V10plus;R BlackCatL GT-R"/>
<add key="broadcast_incidents" value="2"/>
<add key="broadcast_results" value="10"/>
<add key="broadcast_fastest_lap" value="2"/>
<add key="change_track_after_every_loop" value="0"/>
<add key="kick_before_change" value="0"/>
<add key="create_server_window" value="0"/><!-- if AC_TrackCycle crashes because the acServer.exe process can not be killed on track change then set this to 1 -->
<add key="realtime_update_interval" value="1000"/> <!-- values below 1000 don't seem to work -->
<add key="welcome_message" value="Welcome $DriverName$ to $ServerName$!|Please drive respectfully!"/>
<add key="session_report_handlers" value="AC_SessionReportPlugin.JsonReportWriter, AC_SessionReportPlugin"/>
<!--<add key="session_report_handlers" value="acPlugins4net.helpers.XmlSessionReportWriter, acPlugins4net"/>-->
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Hi,

your templates have this path

e.g.
C:\AC\server\cfg\Vallelunga Trackday NODLC

?

Can anyone confirm the template cycle feature is still working?
Sadly I can't check atm but will asap.

cheers

Yes, these are the template paths. As written I can see all configs in the UI version on the Session Control tab and can change between configs manually. But it does not work automatically.

What about this config switch: change_track_after_every_loop? It is undocumented inside the config and here too.

please check the logs if there is a line with 'HasSentRaceoverPacket, move to the next session' this should trigger the track change.

if change_track_after_every_loop is active, then 'Server looping' log line triggers the map change.
this option is needed if you don't have a race session, e.g. drifting in a practice session.

No 'HasSentRaceoverPacket' in the logs. I have combined some TrackDays working as practice-only with some PQR-Racing configs... so the switch could be necessary. I will investigate this further for dependency on my configs and return here later.

Now I can confirm it. Using Change_track_after_every_Loop="1" config template cycling is working as expected. I am using a mixed set of track day configs (practice only) with racing configs (practice, qualify, race) sucessfully.
Thank You Thomas

Hi,
I am trying to get the AC_TrackCycle_Console to work with tcadmin the prob i am having is AC_TrackCycle can not close acserver.exe.
Is there some other way to close of the server when AC_TrackCycle changes its tracks as all it does it just hungs and crashes.
i am using <add key="create_server_window" value="1"/> but it stall crashes.
I know this is not rely a prob with TrackCycle as it works if i just run the AC_TrackCycle.exe.
If anyone is able to help it would help alot :)

Hi,
I am trying to get the AC_TrackCycle_Console to work with tcadmin the prob i am having is AC_TrackCycle can not close acserver.exe.
Is there some other way to close of the server when AC_TrackCycle changes its tracks as all it does it just hungs and crashes.
i am using <add key="create_server_window" value="1"/> but it stall crashes.
I know this is not rely a prob with TrackCycle as it works if i just run the AC_TrackCycle.exe.
If anyone is able to help it would help alot :)
Hi,
do i understand you correct that the gui version runs fine, but the console version crashes when it tries to close the server?
You changed create_server_window to 1 in both .exe.configs?
I'm not familiar with tcadmin. Does it start acserver.exe itself?
please pm me logs/screenshots if there is anything related to the crash in it. Maybe we can find the problem.
Cheers,
Tom

• Deleted member 253621

Hey guys,
we using a rented server since yesterday. Is it possible to use this app for it too or just for own windows based servers?

As it is a Windows-based app it will not run on native Linux.
... so is MinoRating. In fact both apps share the same code base, and since MR is running on rented servers, TrackCycle should run too. I think it should run with Mono.NET on Linux, but I have never tried.
If a Linux server host wants to try it out I'd be glad to help if any code changes are needed.

Perhaps Minolin can help by giving an answer about MinoRating on Linux, if it is running on the same code base. I did not come across a linux tutorial for MinoRating since the day I started my AC dedicated server. A dedicated AC Linux server exists, a dedicated AC Windows server too; so it will basically depend on the hoster if it is running Windows or Linux and what possibilities you have to implement another executable process. Only thing I can say for sure: If You have got a Windows Server with full local admin access - it is absolutely no problem to get AC TrackCycle and MinoRating up and running.

please bring the discussion about server hosting on linux with trackcycle to http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ac_trackcycle.20242/
I think we need Kevin Maatman to recognize that there is demand for this. Maybe he or someone else, who is familiar with Linux and .NET Mono, tries to run it and finds out if/how it works or that it doesn't work and maybe even why. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but as I said, if someone finds out that there are changes needed to run it on Linux I'll take a look at it.

First of all thanks for this. Works flawlessly.
I have 2 questions, is there any option to vote for Skip Track? second question is, Would it be possible to add an option to select the next track? Like lets say I have 3 Tracks, 'A', 'B' & 'C' currently I am on 'A' but I want the rotation to jump track 'B' and go straight to 'C', is that possible?

Best Regards
AndreD.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%