AC1 DLC from mods!?

Hi,
I know this might be really old news but i just recently got the impression that some of the DLC cars started life as mods and by the good grace of Kunos they were 'adopted' in the DLC families.
Can someone confirm this?
Furthermore, i would like to get in touch with some of the modelers that worked on these cars but it seems almost impossible to do so.
Information is scarce to non-existent in other forums so i am asking here for help. If you know someone that worked on those mods (especially the Porsche packs) please let me know.

Yeah there were quite a few cars that started as mods before becoming official content.

These are the ones I can think of, though there could very well be be more that I'm unaware of or forgotten:

Audi Quattro
Shelby Cobra
Porsche 917/30
Lambo Miura
Mazda 787B
Mazda Miata
Nissan R34

I think most are by (in some capacity) The_Meco and Gergo Panker, both now with Kunos, the latter being the lead of vehicle production! Nissan was Ma7heus, not sure about the Mazda's.

And just for clarity, the R34 and 962 were never publically released mods, that's why they were in paid packs. The Miata, Miura, 787B and Cobra all have both a mod release and a free Kunos version.

I thought ma7heus made the Countach too but I'm not certain.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.6%