AC Windows 8.1/ Thrustmaster f430 wheel

James Hemp

Green Devils Racing
Yesterday I "downgraded" from win 7 to win 8.1 and I can't seem to make my wheel work properly. Even though it's plugged in, nothing flickers, it only starts to show signs of life when I enter the game.

When I plug it in it self calibrates, turns left once then right and shuts down.

I downloaded the driver from thrustmaster's website (it said it's for 8.1) but windows also installed it's own sh*t which I deleted trying to make it work.

Any ideas?

Can you right click the drivers and run in win 7 compatibility mode? When you run the wheel setup menu does it work then?
Edit, you said it only shows signs of life in the game, does it work in AC at all? Also after you have had the update to RC it will reset all your previous settings, you will need to configure the wheel again in controls-wheel settings, it defaults back to mouse and keyboard for some reason. You shouldn't need to delete anything automatically dled by windows either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you right click the drivers and run in win 7 compatibility mode? When you run the wheel setup menu does it work then?
Edit, you said it only shows signs of life in the game, does it work in AC at all? Also after you have had the update to RC it will reset all your previous settings, you will need to configure the wheel again in controls-wheel settings, it defaults back to mouse and keyboard for some reason. You shouldn't need to delete anything automatically dled by windows either.

Somehow it works in AC. I think it actually works better than before.

What I find odd is that the wheel shuts down after closing the game. For now it's good :)

Upvote 0
Yes I think it's partly to do with the ffb updates. I have tge same wheel, I'll post my wheel settings in the AC forum if you're interested.
Edit : If by shuts down you mean the lights go off when you're out of game, perhaps it is down to the usb power management in win 8.1. If it bothers you maybe take a look in the power management options in Windows control panel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back