AC volume (engine especially) lower than other games?

I mostly use a logitech G35 headphone set and it works OK (not great) with most of my games (iracing, R3E, GTR2, race07, GSCe, pCARS, and others) In AC the sound is not terrible, but even with all possible levels set to highest, the sound (which is rarely on its on=wn awesome save for some cars) seem too low. Compared with pCars, R3E, GSC and even some of the older games it seems set at 80% or less. In pCARS for instance, I have to lower the main volume or it is too loud. I usually either put the master in game at medium or high, but never Max or it would perforate my earing drums. R3E also used to be much higher in volume and has gone down a bit, but it's still loud enough.

AC instead is frustrating. In order to get a passable volume for the engine I have had to lower tires and opponents or my own engine gets drowned by those sounds.

I even downloaded and tested a software amplifies. It works, but not on my headphones, at least not well, but it sure increases the sound through my Bose computer speakers.
Too bad I can use them maybe 1 out of 20 sessions as my wife prefers to watch TV or read far away from a racetrack hosting a live race. Go figure.

I tried to find an appropriate Bible verse to justify my driving with speakers wide open, but I couldn't find anything that sounded like "Thou shall suffer in silence while thy husband revs his chariot louder and louder".
Also we are both atheist so I am not sure that would work at all.

Any tricks? Is this a complain that others have about AC?

Thank you

I do have to turn up the volume with AC quite a bit higher than other titles but, since v1.0, the replay volume requires about 30% more above race volume. That's a feature I'd like to see added to race Sims in general, a replay volume slider.

Do you have a sound card?
I don't have an onboard audio card but I have severa external ones including a pretty powerful studio grade one attached to studio monitors. However my gaming is done with G35 headphones and with those AC is considerably quieter than pCARS or even GTR2, Reiza's games, etc.

Other games I usually set my volume at 80 or 90%, AC at 100% lacks both volume and dynamics.

I did try speakers through my music rig and over there it is loud enough, but I keep my work, gaming and music separate on my machine (each its own identity, own hard drive with the OS on a SSD) and the studio setup has a lot of components I'd rather not use because they are too complex to set up if I just want to jump on a game and drive, hence the G35 headphones (also with integrated microphone which on my studio side would have to be much more complicated passing through my $300 mic, my solid state mixer and then into my computer.
Considering how meat up my G35 is after 2 years of service, I'd rather keep my much more expensive microphones and speakers out of play.

I do have an out passing through a trial program that works as a software amp and then goes to my Bose computer speakers (which beside the brand name aren't that good). They produce an acceptable volume, but it's seldom I can drive with external speakers on.
If my wife was going to use my sim at full volume all day while I was trying to watch TV or read a book I would not be very thrilled either, so headphones it is and AC is lower in volume than most other sims.

However, I will try the INI file. That sounds like a reasonable option as long as it works and 1 is not the upper limit.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 226 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%