AC: Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ! Can't see this thread anymore so... What do you guys think the new build will bring up to the table?

Because these days its photos and future content, but I'd myself rather enjoy a 1.0 release ! With proper collisions etc... Anyone got news?

No news until now for the very next future of this coming friday.

Just hoping proper collisions implemented ... but I think they will need testing and reactions about these ... and surely bugs corrections afterwards.

Rather still wait a bit and have a perfect base final version than something needing corrections after a week !!

I have a very strong feeling we'll be getting Spa this weekend, simply because they've teased it so much over the past week. It'd just be mean not to release it after all that, Lol.

As for other stuff, I have no idea. Nothing has been said or even hinted at (that I can tell).

If we get Spa, then I'll really be happy with just further Netcode improvements and bug fixes.

I'd love for the FMOD sound engine to be included. Decent sound is really important tome when it comes to immersion. That's one of the reasons I love the URD Corvette as the sounds make you actually feel like there is a v8 in front of your feet.

At the moment I find the stock sounds pretty poor.

You are in the wrong servers then.

Stelios, the netcode is everything but perfect, like they say it's "ALPHA", i understand that in some servers AC works better but that doesn't mean it's perfect, there are many online situations, people, connectivity, speeds, type of server, location, etçª and all that has to be sorted out. Only because it works well for you in some servers doesn't mean it's ready or done ;)

Cheers.

Guess I am lucky in that I have seen nothing but top flight netcode since the last update. FMOD is not going to be here Friday for sure but a little birdie told me they are working with the goal of releasing a car and track Friday....have fun speculating what the combo might be.

I am pretty sure that they confirmed more server controls are included also but no list of what those controls are.

Guess I am lucky in that I have seen nothing but top flight netcode since the last update. FMOD is not going to be here Friday for sure but a little birdie told me they are working with the goal of releasing a car and track Friday....have fun speculating what the combo might be.

I am pretty sure that they confirmed more server controls are included also but no list of what those controls are.

It´s been mostly smooth here while all the cars are racing on their lines, but if there is an incident and two or more cars touch and spin, then they teleport all over the place, glitch inside the barriers and back to the track, the animation becomes laggy, etc. Granted, my internet connection is not the best, and the general lack of availability of servers on my region have a direct effect on this, but it seems to happen even when everyone on the server is with like 40-50ms of ping. Don´t know if this just happens to me though.

And regarding that combo...hmm, Spa and the SLS GT3, I´ll gladly take it! Or the 458 GT2. :D

Last edited:
It's been 3 weeks since the last update and from what I've gathered they've done a lot of hiring so I expect quite a bit. More development on the SDK for starters, the tools need refinement and some simplification. Maybe an initial version of FMOD and some serious work on optimization on the graphics engine... people are getting tired of the stuttering and lagging introduced in the last update. Improved netcode and initial support for collisions and pit stops as well as an expanded clock so we can do night racing (especially important for endurance races). Also like to see some new content. They've done a lot of teasing over the last 3 weeks so I think it's time to deliver on some of their promises. Lastly and most important, pulsing Xenon lamps... just makes the replays look so much more real :p:D.

That's my Christmas list!

Considering that Stefano has already said that night racing will take an entire rebuild of the graphics engine (which means they have no plans on implementing it any time soon, if ever) it is all but a guarantee that night racing is not part of Fridays update...pit stops either, considering those aren't included in 1.0 either.

Hate to be a downer but there really isn't a reason to stray too far from reality when pondering what the update will bring.

Please link me that information

Considering that Stefano told me that he was going to try to get some form of basic pit stop in.....and then a couple weeks later responded to somebody else that they were definitely not going to be part of 1.0 and he didn't want to hear about them anymore.

I would love to be proven wrong so please link me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%