AC UPDATE 1.2.3

Msportdan

@Simberia
out now

- Added MAX_BALLAST_KG to server_cfg.ini (defaults to 100Kg if the value is not there)
- 4WD cars now behave better at very low speed
- New ABS code won't allow individual wheel braking and improves stability and directionality
- Fixed clutch remaining unlocked at high speeds in some occasions generating engine "stutters"
- Fixed tyre blankets not working in HotLap and other oddities
- Nissan GT-R new central active diff logic
- Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres
- Corrected brake balance for some cars that had heavy oversteering problems under braking
- Various memory optimizations to allow more cars to be used
- Fixed FPS cap to allow precise FPS selection. Please reset your values from the launcher
- Fixed Alfa Romeo 155 autoclutch range for 1st gear starts
- Tweaked tyres skid pitch, especially for race cars with slicks
- acServerManager : added "Create Manager Package" to use this tool on remote machines
- acServerManager : some performance improvements
- acServerManager : added "External Server" to run multiple servers on the same PC.
- acServerManager : weather settings are no more limited to 3

FPS cap is perfect to limit screen-tearing when u are NOT using Vsync!
No input lag + no tearing = heaven! :D

For me personally, i have 1 screen (1920x1200) 24"
So when i cap at 83 FPS the screen-tearing is unnoticeable!

Another tip is to use prime numbers! This is what helped me getting rid of that terrible tearing!

For your convenience, here are a list of prime numbers you can try:
47 53 59 61 67 71 73 79 83 89 97 101 103 107 109 113 127 131 137 139

Have fun ;)

FPS cap is perfect to limit screen-tearing when u are NOT using Vsync!
No input lag + no tearing = heaven! :D

For me personally, i have 1 screen (1920x1200) 24"
So when i cap at 83 FPS the screen-tearing is unnoticeable!

Another tip is to use prime numbers! This is what helped me getting rid of that terrible tearing!

For your convenience, here are a list of prime numbers you can try:
47 53 59 61 67 71 73 79 83 89 97 101 103 107 109 113 127 131 137 139

Have fun ;)

I used to have 62.5 cap and it worked fine but when trying capping at 60 I get heavy tearing.
I have 1 screen 46" 1920X 1080
No V Sync

Apart from that I totally love AC.

I used to have 62.5 cap and it worked fine but when trying capping at 60 I get heavy tearing.
I have 1 screen 46" 1920X 1080
No V Sync

Apart from that I totally love AC.
60 fps cap will give screen tearing in plenty if not all games. A cap like 64 or 83 helps that. Which doesn't mean that screen tearing can't happen when fps is changing slightly during game time.

60 fps cap will give screen tearing in plenty if not all games. A cap like 64 or 83 helps that. Which doesn't mean that screen tearing can't happen when fps is changing slightly during game time.
That's not true - at least for my setup.

I have an FPS counter running in all games, all the time, and having a constant 60 does not cause any tearing on my HannsG 60 FPS monitor.
Dropping slightly below 60 (down to 57/58) will cause horrible tearing, tho.

I run with no cap, no v-sync and have no tearing...at least i can't see any. :)

Yes this is true, but without a cap to FPS your video card will have to work hard!

Why let your card produce all those extra (unneeded) fps? This shortens the life span of the device + cost's more electricity and produce's more heat in your case/room.

I cap it @ 83 because this is what my screen likes best without tearing, for some people 60 works, other's claim Vsync with a cap of 58 is the best thing since sliced bread...:p

My 2 cents ;)

just add guys, Kunos are going to patch the current issues woth ABS brakes, epecially on the e30 m3 and the 458 i beleive.

Aris@

No actually there is a much more wider bug with the ABS. Some cars showcase a very bad behaviour like the M3 E30, but pretty much all the cars have gained about 10-15meters in braking distances.

Bug is resolved but I need to go through all the car and we will soon release the 1.2.4, probably by the end of the week.

Thank you for your patience guys and sorry about this last minute slip. We're on it.
KS Dev. Vehicle physics, Ui, Web | Aristotelis Vasilakos

just add guys, Kunos are going to patch the current issues woth ABS brakes, epecially on the e30 m3 and the 458 i beleive.

Aris@

No actually there is a much more wider bug with the ABS. Some cars showcase a very bad behaviour like the M3 E30, but pretty much all the cars have gained about 10-15meters in braking distances.

Bug is resolved but I need to go through all the car and we will soon release the 1.2.4, probably by the end of the week.

Thank you for your patience guys and sorry about this last minute slip. We're on it.
KS Dev. Vehicle physics, Ui, Web | Aristotelis Vasilakos
When i went on track with the 458 it was a big WTF? the thing just wouldn't stop...

Yes this is true, but without a cap to FPS your video card will have to work hard!

Why let your card produce all those extra (unneeded) fps? This shortens the life span of the device + cost's more electricity and produce's more heat in your case/room.

I cap it @ 83 because this is what my screen likes best without tearing, for some people 60 works, other's claim Vsync with a cap of 58 is the best thing since sliced bread...:p

My 2 cents ;)

Tried cap it @ 83 !
Still tearing :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years