AC Track Reboot site gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of copyright claims.

race department turns blind eye to other games to Pcars 2 conversions right on this forum.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-2-modding-discussions.141370/page-47
Blaming RD for not caring about this stuff really is the wrong approach. RD admins state quite frequently that they can't read every single post on the forums. But if you report the posts that should be moderated, they'll have a look and from my experience it'll 99% get taken down.

So go ahead, report the posts and put a description about the case in it instead of stating wrong assumptions.

Not wanting to attack your or anything but I'm racing frequently in the clubs in here and every few weeks there are people who cry about the race host not caring and not handling stuff.
Then others ask them if they told the host about it or anything and it's always the same.. They never did...
So I'm a little triggered by such assumptions about the admins not caring. The users have to help or keep it quiet. But stating things publicly instead of going ahead and do a report is just energy wasted on the wrong way of doing.

Blaming RD for not caring about this stuff really is the wrong approach. RD admins state quite frequently that they can't read every single post on the forums. But if you report the posts that should be moderated, they'll have a look and from my experience it'll 99% get taken down.

So go ahead, report the posts and put a description about the case in it instead of stating wrong assumptions.

Not wanting to attack your or anything but I'm racing frequently in the clubs in here and every few weeks there are people who cry about the race host not caring and not handling stuff.
Then others ask them if they told the host about it or anything and it's always the same.. They never did...
So I'm a little triggered by such assumptions about the admins not caring. The users have to help or keep it quiet. But stating things publicly instead of going ahead and do a report is just energy wasted on the wrong way of doing.

I reported that thread already few times.

Nobody did anything about it.

That page is 47 pages long going back to 2017.

I reported that thread already few times.

Nobody did anything about it.

That page is 47 pages long going back to 2017.
Then I sincerely apologize to you!
Strange one though. Saw lot of content getting removed after being reported withing a week maximum. Either there is something different with that mod that you have no information about or the reports got handled by one black sheep (or extremely tired sheep in that moment).

Anyway, I apologize and will report the posts too :)

Then I sincerely apologize to you!
Strange one though. Saw lot of content getting removed after being reported withing a week maximum. Either there is something different with that mod that you have no information about or the reports got handled by one black sheep (or extremely tired sheep in that moment).

Anyway, I apologize and will report the posts too :)

You don't have to apologize.

I figured someone overlooked it.

Ah, I didn't realize that's what was going on there, I thought they were legit. A ballsy move on their part. I thought I recall read somewhere they were dead mod projects that were adopted and being developed again on the level. Makes sense now, thanks for the reply.
That is how it sorta began. Fix up abandoned mods. But then it just became a rip factory. I don't believe a single track on there was legit in the end. And it's not like they tried to hide the fact say Bathurst and Limerock came from FM7.

That is how it sorta began. Fix up abandoned mods. But then it just became a rip factory. I don't believe a single track on there was legit in the end. And it's not like they tried to hide the fact say Bathurst and Limerock came from FM7.

Yeah, I thought it sounded like a great idea when I first came across the site (under the assumption they had the permission of the original authors), guess they just went off the rails with it.

I was actually thinking a bit about dead mods recently. As you know from the MSFS days, I used to do a bit of modding and I've been putzing around with a few different car projects over the past year or so with the thought of learning my way around AC dev. One of those cars is a Bugatti Type 35, I thought no one was working on one. A few weeks ago I decided to revisit my project and was doing some research on the internet when I came across this thread by user RRID at assettocorsa.net. It looks like he had some pretty decent progress there (farther along than I am with mine, anyway) but there's been no update to the thread since March of 2016. Shame to see all that work evaporate, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%