AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

Not an idea but a suggestion, is it really necessary to turn on the 5s penalty system in club racing? I think we're all mature enough to adhere to simple racing rules (2 wheels on track), especially with the system being pretty stupid right now. If you do a mistake you get double the punishment, you lose time because of the mistake and you lose time with the 5s penalty. You also turn into a hazard for anybody behind you because you slow down without warning.

I get that it may be a problem in neuralgic points like the monza chicanes, but we managed to get clean and fair racing done in sims that had no penalty system so why would we need it here?

Couldn't agree more, there have been several times where some tiny racing contact between myself an another driver has resulted in one of us getting a 5 second penalty, completely ruining our battle.
It's particularly frustrating when you run wide, and get a 5second penalty for already losing seconds in the first place :(
I understand its neccessity in qualifying; but for the race it only creates problems, and like you said; can cause accidents if a car is driving slowly and somebody behind has nowhere to go!

You can also turn it around and say that the rules are the same for every driver.

If you run wide, that means you have overdriven the car and should take it more easy.

Only downside is that you shouldn't get a penalty when somebody else hits you of course. Thats silly but very hard to find a solution for that.

Alpha multiplayer = trial and error ;)

Really a pity, if AC is gonna be a pure GT2/3 simulator on RD i'll have to look for a different place to race this sim regularily :unsure:.

In my opinion, there's tons of good race cars in every sim but pretty much none has roadcars on Assetto Corsas level.

As for suggestions:
The E30 Drift is a real blast to race at the ring, as is the step 1.
Also with the amount of BMWs and Lotus cars (notice how i elegantly avoided the plural :D), there has to be a combo where some Lotus is competitive with some Beamer.
Love the F40 but i assume sign-ups would be very low on this one.

I'd love to see some FWD racing also, but Kunos would need to provide a proper car for that. The Abarth 500 is dreadful, in my opinion.

The Lotus vs BMW combo sounds exciting. The Evora S vs E92 as well as the 240R vs 1M seem to have comparable speed around Imola (I looked it up on RSR).
I am also interested in track day cars like the X-Bow and the faster street cars like the 458 (Paganis are too fast for me though^^).

maybe that you have to use h-shifter is scaring people off? I for my part love that it's like that :ninja: and I would like to see it regularly. The abarth 500 was lots of fun. But there is also the 312T, Tatuus, Exos, e30 grA and DTM, the hypercars, the X-Bow. There soo many great cars in AC. Yes the GT´s are fun because they´re quite "easy" to drive (not to master though i guess) but to me they are also quite bowring...

Oh well, that's just my luck.
The Tuesday race sounds delicious but as much as i like AC, Tuesday is HistorX race day and RD's HGTTC events are simracing-heaven for me right now. Don't want to miss races there :).
And a few hours before you posted this i was browsing the AC/rF2/Reiza clubs to see if i'll find something i like and signed up for Mondays Reiza-Mini race on Nordschleife :whistling:.

Thank you for trying to cater for everyone though, much appreciated!
I'll be looking out for more of those, might even finally join a race.
Some day :O_o::D.

In order to pick street cars with similar performance for a race, here are some suggestions:

Name_______________kg/HP (lower is better)
-----------------------------|-----------
BMW 1M (S3)_________3,74
and
BMW E92 (S1)________3,87
Ferrari 458 (Std)_______2,76
and
Mclaren MP4-12C______2,33
Lotus Evora S (S2)_____3,46
and
Lotus Exige S Roadster__3,38
and
Lotus Scura___________3,60

(S1) = Stage 1
(S2) = .....

Testing further required:
Driving car combos on specific track a race would be held and compare lap times with same driver, same track conditions (temp), race tyres, default setup or a setup with slight adjustments.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%