AC or rF2?

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
Rfactor2 or AC? Not necessarily on looks but which is going to be the better multiplayer? with the best RD club races etc etc? Keep thinking of buying rF2 but don't want to get it then AC becomes the "main" event.

@Niki Đaković try a couple laps with 458 S3 upgrade at Imola, SM tyres, and can be in optimum 26 medium clear day. Also with TC 0/4.

Recently (Today :)) I tried the very first version of AC, and I liked it. Driving felt well, ffb too. But then I came back to 1.3.7 and suddenly felt more challenging. I tried same cars and track between both versions, felt more communication in ffb in current version. Driving is more challenging on corners-apex, and corner exit. In the first game version, that I tried today, although being good, tyres and car dynamics are nowadays more challenging (Yes that word again :p) and more shapey to the driving given to the car. The braking before, you could stop way deeper into the corner. And now I can notice and see the difference between sounds and graphics between now and then. With now being considerably better and more immersive. The lotus49, what a machine nowadays! Even on the previous tyre model.
I'm glad you're enjoying your thing mate. :barefoot:

I use a G27 too and have not experienced what you're describing Niki. I find the ffb force increases as car loads up more and more into the corner, as I go over the grip threshold the wheel goes light. I agree that slides now are harder to catch especially in GT cars, which seems to be the norm as well. Having only Blancpain races to go by, when the cars let go they are rarely caught back. The best for slides of unrecoverable nature is lessen throttle application and apply brakes lightly, but having the presence of mind to do that when you're on the limit is hard.

Overall, GT cars have gotten easier to drive at 7 or 8 tenths, when you get to 9 10/10 then you're really on the ragged edge and understeer, oversteer, missed apex even by a meter will cost. Which is how it should be.

The only thing I'd like in AC is real road from rf2.

Overall, GT cars have gotten easier to drive at 7 or 8 tenths, when you get to 9 10/10 then you're really on the ragged edge and understeer, oversteer, missed apex even by a meter will cost. Which is how it should be.
A good engineer will always find a way to have it his way. Understeer or oversteer. That's what setups do. Not in AC. Some car features are obvious, still AC setups have way too little influence and you end up with what you've described.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%