AC not working in 3440x1440 (21:9)

Hi - Recently picked up an 34" ultrawide, 3440x1440p 21:9 ratio, 144hz monitor - everything else (ACC, F121, Dirt Rally 2.0) just kinda "worked" out of the box for it - except for AC and I can't figure it out.

In both Content Manager and AC standalone, it recognises the resolution as an option
1633339469180.png

Go to load in to drive and the Loading Screen shows up as expected:
1633339518611.png

But once the game loads, I get a weird screen that is entirely black except for the menu options:
1633339568735.png

I can access the setup menu:
1633339599634.png

And I can Click Drive and my HUD options of choice load up:
1633339645609.png

But everything else is Black...
Driving around works, I get audio and FFB - hell, if I focus on the minimap, I can cut laps, but it's far from ideal as I'm sure you could imagine.

I tried setting the resolution back down to 2560x1440 (the base 16:9 ratio for 1440p - this is the only change I made to my settings) and end up with this:
1633339910686.png

So it's clear the game is working and not trying to send it to another monitor or anything whacky, but it's just not outputting at the 21:9 aspect ratio correctly...

Anyone have any ideas on this?? I'm in no rush seeing as I'm not currently signed up for any leagues in AC at the moment, but there are some I plan to join if I can get this fixed and I have a few friends I regularly just "get on and drive" with from time to time

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have the same kind of Ultrawide curved, same resolution but 100 hz .... an never had such a problem.

Did you try to rename your Documents/ Assetto Corsa folder, launch the game ( original launcher ) which create new documents, just choose this new resolution and see if it works or not ?

If it works you'll be able to copy most saved files into the new documents, including your controllers ( without the older graphic settings of course as surely the problem was there ).
Surely the 1st thing to try. ;)

NB Oh I forgot: check the files integrity in Steam is also worth an action.

Last edited:
use Mode Tweaks: Tripple for custom resolution and then put them on 1 screen:

Detailed Widescreen Reports
No good in triples mode, same thing, but centred
1633417734155.png

Sometimes I had the same problem - in my case I resolve this when I change my postprocess filter settings ingame (default: sol). I think it depends with sol/csp versions...
Trying to load it with Post Processing just "off" doesn't work - I just get this weird grey/pink coloured screen - I can hear the game load in as I get car audio, but visually, no loading flash screen, no menu, no visual of the car, just a wash of a single colour.

Funilly enough, Sol filter was not the default setting for me (it was just "default") - I changed it to "SOL_" and I now have an image, but the entire skybox is black and as a result, everything else is kinda dark (but visible at least, so this is a start).
1633418960740.png

Now to figure out why the skybox is missing...

I have the same kind of Ultrawide curved, same resolution but 100 hz .... an never had such a problem.

Did you try to rename your Documents/ Assetto Corsa folder, launch the game ( original launcher ) which create new documents, just choose this new resolution and see if it works or not ?

If it works you'll be able to copy most saved files into the new documents, including your controllers ( without the older graphic settings of course as surely the problem was there ).
Surely the 1st thing to try. ;)

NB Oh I forgot: check the files integrity in Steam is also worth an action.
I ran a verify Integrity Check before any of these tests - not sure if it specifically helped, but it's always worth a go when you run into issues.

EDIT: [UPDATE]
I changed the version of CSP I was using and I have a skybox again
1633421375439.png

I was using CSP ver0.1.60, which is the "recommended" version apparently. Changed it to 0.1.75 (which is "untested") and it worked... weird

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years