AC not showing names of cars - RSS GT1 pack and others

Hey folks,

Have this weird issue where AC is not displaying the name of the car in the standings list:
arMcyRg.png

I've had a look at the ui_car.json for both the Ferrucio 57 and the other cars in the pack and to me they look the same but clearly there's something in the 57's files that isn't in the other ones (the above shot contains all 6 cars)

I've noticed some other packs have this issue as well, so if I can find how to fix this for the RSS pack I can fix it for the others as well :)

Cheers all
Viperion

The CAR file that is locked in the data file needs to be edited to show the correct name I believe. Either RSS need to update that file. Or you could unlock the data file and edit it yourself. I don’t know which program you need to do this. But someone here must know.

Just a note. I think if you find out how to edit it yourself. It may not be allowed into online lobby’s anymore. So the best option is probably to ask RSS to update the CAR file then issue the update to all owners.

Last edited:
Hey, I am a long time user of CM but I don't know how to do that. I'd be grateful if you explained how.
1 Open CM and click content tab.(Top right)
2 Click cars tab (upper left corner)
3 Scroll down cars list and look for ferruccio_55 and click on it.
4 Press Alt + J (this will open the data. acd file.)
5 Look for "cars.ini" file open with note pad.
6 under the info header change SCREEN_NAME & SHORT_NAME to :
SCREEN_NAME=Ferrari 550 GTS Maranello
SHORT_NAME=Ferrari 550 GTS save and close.
7 In CM click "pack data" click yes to replace data .acd
8 Select practice, select ferrari 550, load up game and check info on loading screen and pit is correct.
9 repeat above steps for each car.
10 Enjoy :)

Interesting. But you lost me on "In CM click "pack data" click yes to replace data .acd"
I'm not seeing "pack data" in CM (full version).

Also, Alt + J opened 6 data folders (data, data-1, data-2, data-3, data-4, data-5).
Each folder has a car.ini file with the SCREEN_NAME=Ferruccio 55 V12.
I'm assuming each file needs the change?

And why 6 data folders for one car (it doesn't appear related to the number of skins as there are 13 of those)?

Thanks in advance.

Pack data is at the bottom of the screen, it should work also without packing, if you press Alt + J multiple times it will give you multiple folders keep the "data" folder and delete the rest.

LoL ... I was holding down Alt+J for a long time, which is why so many data folders were opened/created! I'm now seeing that Alt+J is just a shortcut to the data folder, which I can also access through the CM selection choice "Folder" from the pop-up menu at the bottom. And I see that the "Pack data" option is also in that menu.
Thanks!

Thanks Stepy :) Does this alter the checksum or anything for if I wanted to drive the cars on a server?

Most likely, if checksum is used (most online servers do) then they need to use same data.acd that you are using. So for online you need to save an vanilla version of the data.acd.

ui_car.json name is only used in menus, do not affect online or alter in game name
SCREEN_NAME=Used in loading screens and in game, encrypted in data.acd (car.ini)
SHORT_NAME=Optional short name used in standings etc, also in car.ini

There is also other tools than CM to extract & repack the data.acd if you not an CM user (as me).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back