AC | Newbie Player Question - Track Days

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to world of SIM racing and have only just recently purchased a G29 wheel and pedal set and got myself a copy of AC and ACC.

I'm loving AC and dived into the multiplayer at the weekend and was wondering if I was doing something wrong. Looking in the wrong place etc.

I absolutely love the track day themed servers but I noticed that 99% of these servers run the Nords track and a very similar selection of cars.

I was wondering how do I find other track day style servers with other tracks? I'm not knocking Nords as it is the greatest circuit but I don't fancy running it every time.... Do I need some kind of mod manager/launcher?

Where is Monza, Silverstone and Spa etc?

Any help appreciated!

Pretty sure you'll see Monza even more than Nords. Maybe you have some kind of filter set on your server list?

Also, are you using Content Manager? If not, you should be. It's not a 1000% necessity thing but it'll make your life with AC SOOO much easier/better. It's basically a front end replacement for the original AC interface (which many regards as kinda ****, myself included) made by a well regarded modder in the AC scene. Same guy that creates and maintains CSP (another basically necessity for AC). CM is donationware meaning you can get it free and have like 98% of the functions and if you wan the "full" you make a donation of your choice. Free does everything you need so donation is really just you saying thank you / supporting the dev in some way. It's actually a formidable project. Use if for a few months vs the vanilla game launcher and you'll realize it's worth as much if not more than the game itself. :)

And then you'll be discovering more and new features months and months and months later that you didn't know were there or you wanted but you realize you love / are awesome anyway.

If you ARE using CM, then on the online tab (where it shows you servers) make sure you're clicked on 'Kunos' at the top, all the way left, and then check the little filtering icons that exclude servers. These filter your list based on if you're missing any content needed for the server (mods, packs you don't have, ...) server is full, etc. You might be excluding servers because you don't have some car or smth needed for that server. Usually they are free mods and you'll see a yellow exclamation mark and oft times if you click on the exclamation it'll show a link where to get that car.

There might be an analog to all this in the vanilla AC interface but if there is I don't recall it.

hth a bit.

Pretty sure you'll see Monza even more than Nords. Maybe you have some kind of filter set on your server list?

Also, are you using Content Manager? If not, you should be. It's not a 1000% necessity thing but it'll make your life with AC SOOO much easier/better. It's basically a front end replacement for the original AC interface (which many regards as kinda ****, myself included) made by a well regarded modder in the AC scene. Same guy that creates and maintains CSP (another basically necessity for AC). CM is donationware meaning you can get it free and have like 98% of the functions and if you wan the "full" you make a donation of your choice. Free does everything you need so donation is really just you saying thank you / supporting the dev in some way. It's actually a formidable project. Use if for a few months vs the vanilla game launcher and you'll realize it's worth as much if not more than the game itself. :)

And then you'll be discovering more and new features months and months and months later that you didn't know were there or you wanted but you realize you love / are awesome anyway.

If you ARE using CM, then on the online tab (where it shows you servers) make sure you're clicked on 'Kunos' at the top, all the way left, and then check the little filtering icons that exclude servers. These filter your list based on if you're missing any content needed for the server (mods, packs you don't have, ...) server is full, etc. You might be excluding servers because you don't have some car or smth needed for that server. Usually they are free mods and you'll see a yellow exclamation mark and oft times if you click on the exclamation it'll show a link where to get that car.

There might be an analog to all this in the vanilla AC interface but if there is I don't recall it.

hth a bit.

Thanks for the reply and detailed advice. I wasn't using CM until yesterday! Still getting used to it but damn it does make things easier! Installed CM, CSP + SOL weather now!

Will take a look into the Online tab you mentioned and see if I can find some more servers!

Thanks again.

Will take a look into the Online tab you mentioned and see if I can find some more servers!

Thanks again.

If you are filtering it by "connected drivers" then yes, most likely you will see NordS trackday servers on top of the list, rarely I see other tracks in "track" mode. Laguna Seca , Monza or others do appear - yes - but usually in practice or race with even less variation of cars available. "real" trackdays with multiple car choices are really only NordS from what I noticed.

If you like mix'n'match, like I do, look for other popular multiple-car tracks, like Highlands, Transfagaarsan or LAC (LA CAnyons) - those are typical "all sorts and colours" cars choices but mostly set for fun not actual racing. (TF and LAC are mod tracks, u will need to download them). Well worh checking though, LAC is like open-world track set in LA suburbs and is simply amazing , if you played/heard of Test Drive Unlimited, u will love it.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 396 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 267 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 255 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 186 7.7%
  • < 5 years