AC Modding Questions Thread

Thought I would start a dumb questions thread for my own personal stupidity, but also a place for people to ask the quick questions without starting a new thread (Mostly so I stop flooding the forum with the questions I'm starting to have)

So my first 2 questions:
1. How to do you set up the editor so that it loads in something other than B/W / Fog
2. I'm crashing the editior when changing my tree names to KSTREE_GROUP_test_1 - 1100 (Yes, prob too many tree's for the moment), am I doing anything wrong?

For 2: 1100 trees aren't too many. You can easily import 5000 or more as long as your vertex count doesn't go over 65536.
Are you sure it is crashing? Sometimes loading a lot of models can take a while. My grass FBX took 20 minutes to load :p

It's definitely crashing, the .exe disappears from task manager.
Does the tree's have to be done on it's own? They are currently getting exported with the whole track

How big is the file for this track?

Either way it might be a good idea to put trees in their own kn5. That is how I have done it since my first track and it has worked out great.

Might try again when I redo the tree's, they are temporary anyway. The few base objects worked so I can't explain.

Another issue, this time with my start lights. I would like to have have proper start lights, however they don't appear to work right. This is how the look ingame with 3 red's on

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_00TB_11-12-116-21-16-59.jpg

This is how I want them to look
Light1.jpg

Semaphore file is attached

Attachments

• semaphore.ini
    408 bytes · Views: 530
Might try again when I redo the tree's, they are temporary anyway. The few base objects worked so I can't explain.

Another issue, this time with my start lights. I would like to have have proper start lights, however they don't appear to work right. This is how the look ingame with 3 red's on

View attachment 163320
This is how I want them to look
View attachment 163321

Semaphore file is attached
Yeah this is somewhat stupid. Semaphores don't work as you'd like, by adding a piece of geometry in front. It simply "enhances" the ambient value for whatever object there is. So there is no way to have them black when off and red when on. Atleast, from what I remember. Not too long ago I did a few pit lights on my track and ran into the same issue. It never was an issue before (dunno, pre AC1.5-ish?) as the semaphores would emit light (a black texture could emit red light, as the light was not texture dependant), it now is :(

Yeah this is somewhat stupid. Semaphores don't work as you'd like, by adding a piece of geometry in front. It simply "enhances" the ambient value for whatever object there is. So there is no way to have them black when off and red when on. Atleast, from what I remember. Not too long ago I did a few pit lights on my track and ran into the same issue. It never was an issue before (dunno, pre AC1.5-ish?) as the semaphores would emit light (a black texture could emit red light, as the light was not texture dependant), it now is :(

Seems wierd that drag racing still works like that though. Maybe an editor update broke it?

It's me again :D
If I can remember right, there was a tutorial on how to create a "Kunos like" road mesh out of a normal one somewhere. Does anyone know where exactly I can find this tutorial?

It's me again :D
If I can remember right, there was a tutorial on how to create a "Kunos like" road mesh out of a normal one somewhere. Does anyone know where exactly I can find this tutorial?
something to do with quadrify mesh+noise modifier+mesh smoothing or relax tool (using 3dsmax) someone posted screenshots in one of the Track WIP, but i can't remember which one.

So I've exported a first version of a road mesh with blender, but I can't open it with ksEditor. When I try to open the .fbx, it says:
"ERROR, FOUND SCALING ON NODE : RootNode"
This are my export settings:
Unbenannt.PNG

Could the problem be, that all the road is a single mesh with several 100k Tris? Do I have to split it even to do a quick test run?

So I've exported a first version of a road mesh with blender, but I can't open it with ksEditor. When I try to open the .fbx, it says:
"ERROR, FOUND SCALING ON NODE : RootNode"
This are my export settings:
View attachment 163737
Could the problem be, that all the road is a single mesh with several 100k Tris? Do I have to split it even to do a quick test run?
Make sure you apply scale on all objects. Highlight the object and hit CTRL+A and choose scale. This will set the scale back to 1.0 on all axis.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%