Misc AC Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Step 0 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTLGamer1 submitted a new resource:

AC Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Step 0 - New physics for the AC Lamborghini Sesto Elemento.

Installation:
1) Create a copy of ks_lamborghini_sesto_elemento and rename it to ks_lamborghini_sesto_elemento_s0
2) Extract ks_lamborghini_sesto_elemento from the RAR file to content/cars in the AC folder. Replace files if prompted to do so.
3) Rename ks_lamborghini_sesto_elemento.bank inside the sfx folder to ks_lamborghini_sesto_elemento_s0.bank
4) You can now delete lamborghini_sesto_elemento.kn5 and the other LODs present. I've edited lods.ini to take them from the vanilla AC...

Read more about this resource...

It is widely believed that the car is a 'shitbox', which I thought was a shame. I learnt that the car would understeer or oversteer without warning and that the car overreacted to bumps.

My aim with this mod was to alleviate those issues and make it better to drive.

This mod does not replace the Kunos physics, but is an addon, so you can race the the Kunos car and this one if you so wish.

Changes:
1) New semislick tires (this is the only compound available now)
2) New suspension behavior (pretty much everything was changed here except the wheelbase, track widths, CG location and suspension mounting points)
3) New aerodynamics of the car (aero.ini was where the bulk of these changes took place)
4) Reduced drivetrain loss (in response to the aerodynamic changes and to increase the top speed to the official figures)
5) New gearbox properties (everything here is new; gear ratios, differential properties, throttle cut-off, autoblip, etc.)
6) New brakes (power and bias updated)

Everything else remains the same. Hope this clarifies.

Last edited:
It is widely believed that the car is a 'shitbox', which I thought was a shame. I learnt that the car would understeer or oversteer without warning and that the car overreacted to bumps.

My aim with this mod was to alleviate those issues and make it better to drive.

This mod does not replace the Kunos physics, but is an addon, so you can race the the Kunos car and this one if you so wish.

Changes:
1) New semislick tires (this is the only compound available now)
2) New suspension behavior (pretty much everything was changed here except the wheelbase, track widths, CG location and suspension mounting points)
3) New aerodynamics of the car (aero.ini was where the bulk of these changes took place)
4) Reduced drivetrain loss (in response to the aerodynamic changes and to increase the top speed to the official figures)
5) New gearbox properties (everything here is new; gear ratios, differential properties, throttle cut-off, autoblip, etc.)
6) New brake bias (brake power remains the same)

Everything else remains the same. Hope this clarifies.
PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE MAIN DESCRIPTION OF THE MOD.

The Sesto Elemento has the 7th fastest lap time on the Top Gear test track, with a 1:14:00, beaten by Pagani Huayra's 1:13:08. Most cars at the top of that list aren't as tame as a Golf when driven fast, that's why they've decided to have an ex F1 driver behind the wheel. You can carry on this "hey ma, i can edit a tire file" nerfing to the moon and back, but it doesn't change the fact that you have to be good in order to squeeze the best lap time from this car. Being fast with dumbed down tires doesn't make you better, it makes you worse. You're adjusting the car for what you are lacking. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%