AC, how to avoid a jump start?

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
I am stuggling with my starts and looking to find out what I am doing wrong.

If I put the car in first gear, even with the clutch full depressed, when I touch the accelerator I move forward and get a jump start penalty.

The only way to avoid this is to stay in neutral until the lights go out and I lose places on the start.

I'm using a G27 with the H shifter disabled.

Any advice?

At the moment it's the Audi TT Cup.
Audi tt cup has no clutch in real life as far as I know.
We used that car in the racedepartment club races and before every race, the race host told everyone to not shift into first gear.

It's a full semi-automatic system. You Rev up in neutral, hit the shifter and and off you go. That car is build to drive like that.

Audi tt cup has no clutch in real life as far as I know.
We used that car in the racedepartment club races and before every race, the race host told everyone to not shift into first gear.

It's a full semi-automatic system. You Rev up in neutral, hit the shifter and and off you go. That car is build to drive like that.

Thats how most do it when racing with auto clutch.
When racing manual with clutch check your clutch calibration, a dead zone at the end of travel is a good idea.
I blew a race once because of a tremor in the clutch leg, car crept a little, boom drive through.

MFG Carsten

Thats how most do it when racing with auto clutch.
When racing manual with clutch check your clutch calibration, a dead zone at the end of travel is a good idea.
I blew a race once because of a tremor in the clutch leg, car crept a little, boom drive through.

MFG Carsten
Yep that's true. Good point!

For the Audi TT Cup though, there's no manual clutch even if you don't use autoclutch.
It's the only car in ac that I know of with this speciality...

Last edited:
Yep that's true. Good point!

For the Audi TT Cup though, there's no manual clutch even if you don't use autoclutch.
It's the only car in ac that I know of with this speciality...

Probably they just want to act the car like the real thing which has DSG ( Dual clutch gearbox)
like in the road cars.

Technically thats different from the race car sequential ( dogbox).

MFG Carsten

I try to enable/implement launch control for the Pagani Zonda R but the behavior is exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread from Douglas:

“If I put the car in first gear, even with the clutch full depressed, when I touch the accelerator I move forward and get a jump start penalty.“
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac-how-to-avoid-a-jump-start.197051/

I don’t own a real Pagani Zonda R but I assume this car has no manual clutch either.
What is the difference between cars like Zonda and a F1 car with clutch control systems?

Regards
Michael

I don’t own a real Pagani Zonda R but I assume this car has no manual clutch either.
What is the difference between cars like Zonda and a F1 car with clutch control systems?
Completely different gearboxes, but the big difference for us endusers is that the zonda has an automated clutch. F1 cars have a manual clutch (nowadays a paddle behind the wheel) and while shifting, there's no clutch involved. F1 cars simply slam in the next gear. Super abusive for the gears and lot of play in the gearbox to make it work.
The engines are so loud, that the super loud gearbox isn't annoying though.

Understood. I’m using a Cube Controls Formula Pro (4 Paddels, integrated Launch Control Clutch System).
I find it interesting to create a Pagani Zonda R with a clutch to make the Launch Control Clutch System work.
Do you know a car (in AC of course) which can be used as a template? May be a GT3 car - they use the clutch for the start.

Regards
Michael

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 91 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%