AC GT3 Register and Appreciation Society

Bored, bored, bored, so thought I'd start a wee thread tracking the GT3 cars we're getting, have got, and don't have yet in Assetto Corsa. Love them or loathe them, the GT3 class has been a massive success story, probably the most successful GT category ever, so it'd be good to have as many as possible in AC whilst the going's good, so to speak (it rarely lasts this long in sportscar racing :D )

I've kept the list as current as possible, so I've left out a lot of the older cars which are either out of homolgation or haven't been seen anywhere in a while. Have I missed any of the current mainstream cars, or even some of the rarer currently-raced cars?

Cars licensed
- Nissan GT-R GT3
- BMW Z4 GT3
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Merc SLS GT3

Cars outstanding
- Porsche 997 GT3R (Neeeeeeever going to happen I don’t think)
- Audi R8 LMS (Was voted for, so probably safe to say we’ll get it around September time)
- Ferrari F458 GT3 (Wouldn’t be much of a stretch to do, but we already have the GTE so…)
- Callaway Z06 Corvette GT3 (Getting pretty old in the tooth, but still homologated, still awesome)
- Callaway Z07 Corvette GT3 (None exist yet outside CAD/drawing board)
- Viper GT3-R
- Bentley Continental GT3
- Aston Vantage GT3 (We should be getting the V8 GTE car instead…?)
- Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 (Unlikely to be officially licensed, but Radiator Springs are doing the road car to a very high standard…)

Weird GT3 Outliers
- Ginetta G55 GT3 (Only homologated for regional/national series I’m sure, but bags of potential & sounds awesome)
- Lambda Ford GT3 (Pretty left-field, and not seen outside GT Masters)
- Reiter Camaro (See Lambda Ford)

Bringing this one back from the dead, but testing pics of the first proper (full) GT3 Viper:

RaceArt-GT3-Viper-03.jpg

Team RaceArt's car being tested in the US before getting punted over to Holland. @Aristotelis I. Want. This. Car. So. Much! Tell Marco to make it happen, yo! :inlove::D
Huh, is it? What's the difference to the ViperExchange GT3?
121113_DIS_BC_105506.jpg

Huh, is it? What's the difference to the ViperExchange GT3?
121113_DIS_BC_105506.jpg

The VE car that ran at Daytona was a GTD (GTDaytona) car, which is pretty much the GT3 car but with some subtle differences. The most obvious visual difference is the rear wing; on the GTD car it's a spec wing that all the GTD cars use, and it's a good bit smaller than the wings that GT3 cars are allowed. The GT3 will also have a much larger front splitter as well. I don't think GTD cars are allowed the TC and ABS that full GT3s have either. There are a few other differences, but I haven't been paying enough attention to list them all out. Why IMSA/TUSC couldn't just have allowed unmodified GT3 cars is beyond most people, but there you go.

Plus the RaceArt car is the first one outside the US, so that's interesting in it's own right :D

Fair enough, I don't know what the GTD class's deal is either :p Given most of the cars are 458 GT3, Z4 GT3, or Porsche 991 GT3 Cup, all suitably modified, it's weird to not make it the exact same. Likewise the GTLM not being the same as LM GTE (aka GT2 until recently)...

Anyway I am working on the 3d for the Viper so as long as the FIA GT3 qualified cars aren't too visually different it's not a problem to add that variation.

p.s. thanks Porsche for naming your car '911 GT3', and using RSR/RS/R/Cup to designate GT2/GT3.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I don't know what the GTD class's deal is either :p Given most of the cars are 458 GT3, Z4 GT3, or Porsche 991 GT3 Cup, all suitably modified, it's weird to not make it the exact same. Likewise the GTLM not being the same as LM GTE (aka GT2 until recently)...

Anyway I am working on the 3d for the Viper so as long as the FIA GT3 qualified cars aren't too visually different it's not a problem to add that variation.

p.s. thanks Porsche for naming your car '911 GT3', and using RSR/RS/R/Cup to designate GT2/GT3.
GTLM is the same as GTE ;)

I'd rather die than drive any kind of Prius :devilish:

Haha, its really not that bad. Top Gear has just given it a bad rap which has tarnished the name for ever. My father has one, and it's actually quite nice to drive. I don't think Clarkson realises just how much of an impact his view of cars has on the car industry.

This Super GT version however really isn't very much like a Prius at all, it really only has the Prius body with some aero embellishments, but underneath it's nothing like a Prius.

Haha, its really not that bad. Top Gear has just given it a bad rap which has tarnished the name for ever. My father has one, and it's actually quite nice to drive. I don't think Clarkson realises just how much of an impact his view of cars has on the car industry.

This Super GT version however really isn't very much like a Prius at all, it really only has the Prius body with some aero embellishments, but underneath it's nothing like a Prius.
My opinion's not influenced by Top Gear..... It's by the 2003 Prius = :poop:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing