AC GT3 Register and Appreciation Society

Bored, bored, bored, so thought I'd start a wee thread tracking the GT3 cars we're getting, have got, and don't have yet in Assetto Corsa. Love them or loathe them, the GT3 class has been a massive success story, probably the most successful GT category ever, so it'd be good to have as many as possible in AC whilst the going's good, so to speak (it rarely lasts this long in sportscar racing :D )

I've kept the list as current as possible, so I've left out a lot of the older cars which are either out of homolgation or haven't been seen anywhere in a while. Have I missed any of the current mainstream cars, or even some of the rarer currently-raced cars?

Cars licensed
- Nissan GT-R GT3
- BMW Z4 GT3
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Merc SLS GT3

Cars outstanding
- Porsche 997 GT3R (Neeeeeeever going to happen I don’t think)
- Audi R8 LMS (Was voted for, so probably safe to say we’ll get it around September time)
- Ferrari F458 GT3 (Wouldn’t be much of a stretch to do, but we already have the GTE so…)
- Callaway Z06 Corvette GT3 (Getting pretty old in the tooth, but still homologated, still awesome)
- Callaway Z07 Corvette GT3 (None exist yet outside CAD/drawing board)
- Viper GT3-R
- Bentley Continental GT3
- Aston Vantage GT3 (We should be getting the V8 GTE car instead…?)
- Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 (Unlikely to be officially licensed, but Radiator Springs are doing the road car to a very high standard…)

Weird GT3 Outliers
- Ginetta G55 GT3 (Only homologated for regional/national series I’m sure, but bags of potential & sounds awesome)
- Lambda Ford GT3 (Pretty left-field, and not seen outside GT Masters)
- Reiter Camaro (See Lambda Ford)

The Viper and the Bentley..mhhhhhh amazing :D
To be honest: I like every GT3 car^^

To continue the list with exotic GT3 cars:

Mosler MT900 GT3
Ascari KZ1 GT3
Alpina B6 GT3
Morgan Aero 8 GT3
Ford Mustang GT3
Maserati GranTourismo MC GT3
Jaguar XK-RS GT3
Lotus Exige GT3

PS: It seems like we will see a nice GT3 grid in AC

I personally hate the Bentley. It's massive. It's an absolute tank, whereas the Viper just has a tank engine :D

It would still have to meet minimum weights etc. Bentley must have done their sums, I think it will be competitive.

I don't remember actual numbers, but I do remember being staggered at how much weight they'd removed over the road car. Fairly certain it's lighter than the SLS is. Plus keeping it competitive with the other cars is exactly what Balance of Performance is for, whatever your opinion on the process...

I don't remember actual numbers, but I do remember being staggered at how much weight they'd removed over the road car. Fairly certain it's lighter than the SLS is. Plus keeping it competitive with the other cars is exactly what Balance of Performance is for, whatever your opinion on the process...
It should be something around 1260kg

Last edited:
Forgive my GT ineptitude, but does that mean some different cars, or more of the same from last season? Why don't any American cars run in Blancpain? Is it because there is just no interest in them?
It's largely because there simply aren't (m)any American manufacturers who build cars to GT3 regulations. GT3 right now is very manufacturer and customer-car-dominated (a team with the resources required could definitely modify a car to GT3-spec, but it's easier to simply buy a race-ready car from Ferrari, McLaren or Mercedes or what have you). GT3 has also historically been euro-centric. The only American car to have competed in GT3 is the Corvette Z06, and even then that's handled by Callaway and not Chevrolet themselves..

It's largely because there simply aren't (m)any American manufacturers who build cars to GT3 regulations. GT3 right now is very manufacturer and customer-car-dominated (a team with the resources required could definitely modify a car to GT3-spec, but it's easier to simply buy a race-ready car from Ferrari, McLaren or Mercedes or what have you). GT3 has also historically been euro-centric. The only American car to have competed in GT3 is the Corvette Z06, and even then that's handled by Callaway and not Chevrolet themselves..

Yeah, anyone who's tried to develop their own GT3 car haven't really had any success. The cars just require too much development and cash to be competitive, so it really needs to be done by manufacturer.

There is a new GT3-spec Viper launched, but I don't think they've got any cars over this side of the pond as of yet. I'd expect that to change towards the end of this year or into next.

Bringing this one back from the dead, but testing pics of the first proper (full) GT3 Viper:

RaceArt-GT3-Viper-03.jpg

Team RaceArt's car being tested in the US before getting punted over to Holland. @Aristotelis I. Want. This. Car. So. Much! Tell Marco to make it happen, yo! :inlove::D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back