Tracks AC GPK Monaco (2023 update) 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nitro McClean submitted a new resource:

AC GPK Monaco - Assetto Corsa Grand Prix Karting version of Monaco

View attachment 475069

Assetto Corsa Grand Prix Karting Monaco
Assetto Corsa Grand Prix Karting version of Monaco

Disclaimer
AI struggles to race at the track due to the slow nature of the circuit, and large AI grids can cause CPU overloads. Online racing has no issues, nor does racing with small AI fields or in practice mode.

The track
The big three motorsport races are Le Mans 24 Hours...

Read more about this resource...

Hi! I’ve faced a problem with this track. When racing ai with more than 1 opponent I constantly get a “99% CPU usage” message and the game starts to slow down (although the framerate is unaffected). It only happens with this track and is not related to the choice of the car. The “lad” appears after turn 1 and disappears after the tunnel. Otherwise the track is awesome and I really hope it could be fixed!

Nitro McClean updated AC GPK Monaco with a new update entry:

AC GPK Monaco Update

Track lighting added by @zuno toto

This AC GPK update comes as standard with tracklightining. If you have have SOL and CSP installed in Assetto Corsa, you don't have to install any add-ons for this track.

This track version will also be used for online racing on SimRaceGP, but SimRaceGP does not have nightracing. So if you don't have SOL and CSP, you can still join us to race on this track on SimRaceGP. The race will be with daylights.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Nitro,
quick question regarding the update:
Is there anything else new/updated other than the lighting for csp+weather?

We're doing a race tonight on your absolutely brilliant track but just a simple daylight race.
So I'm not sure if we should force everyone to update before the race on such a short notice for something we won't use anyway.

But if there are other things updates too, we'll think about it! :)

In any case:
Thanks a lot for this track! I absolutely love it!

How was the race?
The race was mega! My first win since 2019! :D
I'm not the fastest driver but I can do quite well if I understand the car and track and can find the motivation to do the necessary practice.
This little version of Monaco somehow hooked me to an extend I don't experience often and I did around 120 laps before this race over a period of 4 days.

I qualified 2nd, 0.2s gap to pole position and was quite happy.
But then I slipped the clutch when my partner went into the room when the lights came on so I had to start from the pitd with a 15s gap to the last car.

I was completely in the zone, did the best lap of the race, best theoretical lap of the race and had the best consistency of all.

I was a bit lucky that the leading car (pole position) did an early pit stop and got stuck behind someone who likes to battle.
I did my stop when I was closing in on the "best of the rest" in front (that all still had to pit) but had a big enough gap behind me.
The undercut worked well and I was in 3rd without really losing time behind any car.
The clearly slower drivers thankfully let me overtake without battling too aggressively after recognizing my pace.

The driver who likes to battle did a super late stop and when the theoretical leader did a mistake and they had a coming together through the Louis Chiron chicane I could avoid them and slip through.
Only then the "battle driver" did his pit stop.

Now it were 8 laps to go and I had a 2.5s gap to the pole position driver. I knew this could be my first win in years and it really was a game of nerves from there.

I managed to increase the gap slightly and then took less risks in the last 2 laps and brought it home.

I'm not sure if you were asking for a complete race report, but thanks to your track being so much fun for me, I could get the second win of my club racing career (started online racing in 2017).

So thanks again :)

Thank you for your review with all the details. Forgot to ask, which car were you driving?
The little Ligier:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1982-ligier-js8.27847/

If you don't know the car:
It looks totally stupid but the stage 1 version has a nice sound, sequential gearbox and it's a drifty handful that feels like a Gokart.
The rear tyres drop of a cliff at some point and the corner entry become very oversteery. Lots of pedal control needed and you're correcting the steering multiple times per corner.

But it all happens at very low speeds (150kg, 25 hp) so a lot of close racing!

Nitro McClean updated AC GPK Monaco with a new update entry:

AC GPK Monaco (2023 Update)

AC GPK Monaco (2023 update) version 2.0

Sausage kerbs

The tires at the inside of corners for preventing cutting corners are replaced by sausage kerbs. These will still prevent you from cutting corners, but when hitting them it will be less dramatic.

3d trees
The old 2d trees are replaced by the newest 3d trees. For seeing these trees you need to have Content Shaders Patch version 0.1.79 (or later) installed. With older CSP versions or no CSP you will still see the old 2d...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 401 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 271 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%
  • < 5 years