AC general questions...

tjc

Premium
Hi guys...

Although I`ve raced a bit in AC I`ve not tried to take screens for while so was just wondering what`s the best way to take them? What controls are used? Can keys be assigned for certain purposes? How do I get good angles etc?

Plus one more thing. Can I set the AI to race themselves? IE player not driving a car, just having the AI race themselves. I ask that as sometimes it`s not easy for me to set up my wheel etc but could still get some screens that way.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any replies/help.

:)

I don't think you can launch a race without being in it, but you can always go to the pits and switch to the cameras on other cars.
OR you could just load up a replay and start filming.

Thanks for the replies guys... what about the controls for taking screens as in moving round the car to get the best angle etc? Up/down/left/right/zoom in-out etc?

Iirc there used to be a "Photo Mode" or something similar but that doesn`t seem to be there now.

The f keys are your different cameras. F5 - F8 (I'm not exactly sure) switch to free roam camera, cycle through the car cameras (Go Pro like positions), or an external camera that rotates around the car.

Photomode can now be called up from the replay screen, I don't think you need to enable dev apps anymore.

Ok cheers for that info. How do I switch to free roam cam? Plus one other thing, what keys let you zoom in/out to get closer to the car etc?

Sorry for all the noob questions guys but as I say, it`s a while since I screened in AC. :)

Just go through the F keys, I can't remember which do which but all of them from F1 up to F8 (I think) do a different camera.

Zoom is done through the mouse wheel. Moving is done with the arrow keys.

Ok cheers Turk. It`s all starting to come back to me now. :cool:

Al I have to find out now is how to make the camera go up/down (up - further away from the track. Down - closer to the track.)

Is there a list of keys/functions for AC anywhere?

I'm not sure, I've wanted to get into the photo/video making thing but never got around to it. I think to go up and down you just have to look up or down with the mouse and use the arrow keys to go forward back. I don't think there is an elevation key. I could be wrong though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%