AC dedicated server on Linux -- missing content/ ???

Hello,

I am trying to setup an AC dedicated server on Linux (Mint 18.3) I used the instructions found here which appeared to work simply enough. I was able to start a server via the command line './acServer' or by using AC Server Manager which I have also setup.

With a server up and running, I hop over to my Windows 10 system, fire-up AC, find my server on the LAN, connect and AC crashes every time. If use the native AC launcher I see the error message in the attached png; if I use Content Manager to connect, the crash is a bit uglier -- system freezes for a few seconds, returns the same message as seen in the png, but CM also displayed some error messages that I failed to capture.

Since my dedicated server is on a separate system from my full AC install, do I need to sync/copy track/car data from my full working install to the dedicated server as well?

When I start a server via AC Server Manager, I see many messages in the logs:

time="2020-04-23T17:01:59-07:00" level=info msg="Starting Server Process with event: 2 sessions with 18 entrants at ks_barcelona ()"
time="2020-04-23T17:01:59-07:00" level=error msg="Could not get track info for ks_barcelona ()" error="open /home/steam/assetto/content/tracks/ks_barcelona/ui/ui_track.json: no such file or directory"

Looking at the content of ../content/tracks/ks_barcelona/ I find that it is indeed empty.

Trying different tracks results in similar errors:

time="2020-04-23T23:46:08-07:00" level=error msg="Could not load track map data" error="open /home/steam/assetto/content/tracks/ks_vallelunga/classic_circuit/data/map.ini: no such file or directory"

time="2020-04-23T23:47:08-07:00" level=error msg="Could not load track info" error="open /home/steam/assetto/content/tracks/ks_vallelunga/ui/classic_circuit/ui_track.json: no such file or directory"

I've read a lot about setting up dedicated AC servers, but they are all focused in windows environments with the client/server running on the box.

Would greatly appreciate some pointers -- happy to do my own research, just need some addition direction.

Thanks,
Dom

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    117.5 KB · Views: 302
Answer: yes, you must copy the files from ~/content on your Windows in install to the ~/content directory of your dedicated Linux server, although you can skip copying the '.kn5' files -- they are not needed.

Answer: yes, you must copy the files from ~/content on your Windows in install to the ~/content directory of your dedicated Linux server, although you can skip copying the '.kn5' files -- they are not needed.
Hi djm68. Really needed the rest of the files? I build up a dedicated on a separate PC with steamcmd. And saw for default tracks, it has only a "data" folder and models.ini file. Nothing else. Server works, and I connect from an AC client and is playable.. Just did a simple check only.
Can I be losing something without copying the rest of folders, I mean the other content except .kn5 files?? Sadly no much info for AC servers administration.
And one more thing, can you tell me if any way to manage the remote server from my own PC at home where I play the game? Any server remote management? Cause just running the acserver.exe on server and just a console I don't understand well and not much info.

Thanks in advance!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing