AC + CSP/SOL VR settings for best IQ/Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
sweet. thank you. My settings are almost the same besides a few things. We have the same setup pretty much except my 2080ti. Quick question. Why disable anisotropic in game and enable in nvidia profile. Does it help with performace?

ok cool will check it out.. thanks

Let us know because in my case I did not see any difference. For performance I did not see any difference in frametimes so at what place you going to disable this, it does not have any performance impact with FCAT-VR.
Still trying to find the sweetspot for AC in VRmode, my distance view in VR is very limited, so I have difficulties in anticipating to sharp turns when driving at very high speed.

Let us know because in my case I did not see any difference. For performance I did not see any difference in frametimes so at what place you going to disable this, it does not have any performance impact with FCAT-VR.
Still trying to find the sweetspot for AC in VRmode, my distance view in VR is very limited, so I have difficulties in anticipating to sharp turns when driving at very high speed.
will do. Im at work until Midnight so maybe not for at least 7 hours though.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks, my own experience and Peter's advise is that it can create more problems than it fixes.
Nothing against mod creator, but considering evolving nature of CSP and SOL that requires careful and tight collaboration between two, throwing in some additional PP filters that can throw things out of wack perhaps would be the last thing I'd want to deal with. YMMV.

will do. Im at work until Midnight so maybe not for at least 7 hours though.
Thanks and also thanks to @Andrew_WOT about his remark as I could have some possible conflicts regarding SOL/A3PP/CSP140, this could be the cause of not seeing any difference. I will now delete the 3APP and get the SOLbeta as being published by Peter in his SOL topic.
Only my main concern is still to find the better distance view in VR because is very limited in range, so I have difficulties in anticipating to sharp turns when driving at very high speed.

Thanks and also thanks to @Andrew_WOT about his remark as I could have some possible conflicts regarding SOL/A3PP/CSP140, this could be the cause of not seeing any difference. I will now delete the 3APP and get the SOLbeta as being published by Peter in his SOL topic.
Only my main concern is still to find the better distance view in VR because is very limited in range, so I have difficulties in anticipating to sharp turns when driving at very high speed.
Im using the sol beta,csp 185 and a3pp and everything is running great. This is the best my vr looked and ran.

If i get a chance tomorrow before work i will take a screen shot of all my settings. I finally have it to a poi t where it looks great and can race 12 ai at nords with a solid 90fps. Havent tested more cars yet.

• Deleted member 197115

I am on CSP 185, SOL 1.3 RC1
Everything available on discord.
Using _Sol PP filter, rest of the setting in the linked doc, and have excellent distance clarity.

Edit: Seems like Peter just released 1.3 public

• Deleted member 197115

Knowledge sharing discussion.
Post your preferred settings, tips and tricks to achieve that visual VR nirvana with acceptable performance.
My humble contribution.
Little discovery, turned out that PP AntiAliasing like CMAA and CAS sharpening only work when MSAA is disabled. So you need to disable MSAA and enable FXAA to activate it.
On flat screen both can be active at the same time.
CMAA alone might not be as good as MSAA but surely saves some FPS, test and see.

i had followed your instructions posted above to change this setting in CSP/Graphic Adjustments. But when I updated yesterday to the new Sol & CSP I read Peter’s guide. He shows this setting as disabled.

Have you tried both?

Also, since you helped me find the issue in my VR thread, thought I’d mention that the setting you had me turn off to get it working properly again - was also a setting shown in Peter’s guide to change (he shows a check next to Smoke (WIP...). Thought I read somewhere that he doesn’t use VR, which may explain his suggestion, and why he didn’t see my issue in testing. I definitely didn’t have the insane smoke onscreen - just in VR.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%