AC crashes upon exit of replay

The issue is that after or during a replay, if I stop the replay and click the exit button the game locks up and I have to ctrl+alt+del to task mgr.where I get acs.exe has stopped responding. I close this and it reverts back to running CM. I've tried several different versions of CSP etc..same result. It will do this sometimes exiting out of practice session or race. So it affects both immediate replay and those saved in the media files.
Anyone know what might be causing this?? Any help is much appreciated.

I've narrowed this problem down to newer versions of CSP. I tested many different versions and it comes down to ( for me) that I can run only 1.46. anything newer gives me fits. Not sure about the why but at least I can exit out of stuff without needing to ctrl+alt+del. Hopefully this helps someone else who might be having this issue.

Well it turns out that ver1.46 is the highest I can go without the crash...however now I cannot see my mirrors or the rear view cam in the C7R , for instance.
I wish someone knew why this happens..load up run a few laps, hit exit and BOOM freezes and need ctr+alt+shift to get out and task manager sez Acs.exe is not responding....argh!!!
\Tried uninstalling CSP and re - install..same thing happens. Not sure now if it is CSP or CM or something else in the system...

Last edited:
After days and nights of yelling and screaming at it...finally it turns out I needed to de-activate "car controls" in CSP....now all is right with the werld...
Hope this helps someone else...

Hi Jack,
could you please tell me where the CSP car controls setting is? I can't find it anywhere... I thought you meant Car Instruments in the CSP settings tab, but that does not solve the issue...
Man, I can relate to the "yelling and screaming" part!

Hi Jack,
could you please tell me where the CSP car controls setting is? I can't find it anywhere... I thought you meant Car Instruments in the CSP settings tab, but that does not solve the issue...
Man, I can relate to the "yelling and screaming" part!
Yes it is in the "Car Instruments" page. Just de-activated it. Sorry for the confusion.
I also use ver. 1.60 of CSP. Anything higher and I get all kinds of problems.
Perhaps my solution is not universal.

Yes it is in the "Car Instruments" page. Just de-activated it. Sorry for the confusion.
I also use ver. 1.60 of CSP. Anything higher and I get all kinds of problems.
Perhaps my solution is not universal.

Thanks Jack.

I was about to edit my previous reply because yesterday, for some reason, disabling car instruments finally worked for every CSP release greater than 0.1.46 which I've tested.

By testing, I was able to see that the one of the main differences between 0.1.46 and 0.1.52 (and onwards) was the addition of the key-binding fields for car instruments in Patch tab in the controls menu under Assetto Corsa Settings:

1614702000398.png

though I haven't mentioned so far that, in my case, the game didn't exclusively crash upon exit of replay mode, but also exiting some sessions, especially online ones.

Then, just for the record: A few days ago, I was using 0.1.73 despite not solving the issue (at the time I thought that disabling car instruments wouldn't work) and while I was practicing offline (trackday mode), 20 min. in, the game suddenly froze for around 10 seconds! Then it resumed with my car stopped hundreds of meters ahead... oh and the game crashed upon exit. At that point I immediately switched back to the 0.1.46 release...
Let's just hope that disabling also prevents something like this from happening again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 224 14.2%