AC Console Update to Feature 40 New Events... Porsche Vol. 3 Incoming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console Update and New Events.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the console version of Assetto Corsa will soon receive a new build update and the third instalment of their Porsche DLC programme, as well as adding an additional 40 new Special Events for use across the three latest DLCs.

Console players have been left exasperated at the lack of new events in Assetto Corsa to go with the new 'Red Pack' and Porsche Volume 2 releases, leaving numerous words of compliant on all the official media channels of both Kunos and 505 Games. The studio have acknowledged the overlooking of these popular features within AC and have now announced no less than 40 new events will be included in the next build release, 15 of which will utilise the 'Red Pack' DLC content, 13 for Porsche Volume 2 and a further 12 to be added alongside the yet to be released third Porsche volume package.

Porsche Volume 3 will consist of seven or eight new cars, *however a decision regarding shipping the 911 GT3 RSR 2017 or the 911 Turbo S or both has yet to be revealed.

• Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017*
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S*
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche Macan Turbo

The new events will come on the back of a brand new build for the sim (1.12) however an early look at the changelog or proposed release date isn't yet available. More news to follow as and when it is available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation originally released on PC and now available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game comes complete with many cars and tracks, however further vehicles and circuits can be purchased as additional DLC from the respective game stores.

If you like Assetto Corsa and wish to know more about the sim, keep up to date on the latest news or just hang around with your fellow AC fans then head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. As well as publishing the latest happenings with the sim we hold a substantial modding archive containing some of the biggest and best mods available for AC. We support modding at RaceDepartment, its one of the things that make sim racing so wonderful. To help you create the best mods you can, and share in some of the limelight we have provided our Modding Discussion forum, a location where you can share your work in progress creations or ask questions of fellow knowledgeable individuals. Join in and let us know what you are working on at the moment!

Are you a console player of Assetto Corsa and looking forward to the new upcoming events? Which Porsche most takes your fancy from the Porsche V3 pack? How is the game on console now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I still don't get it why ( well I mean obviously money!!!) they can't make the games you buy on one console , give you access for the same game on different console , or at least give you a nice discount ?

Steam does this with the Windows and MAC and probably also that steamOS console ( not sure what happened to that one ?) , so why can't others do that too ?

I so wanted to see AC on my PS4 as well, but not to a point where I would be spending money on it. I think I spend enough money on AC already

btw. to make this clear, I don't mean only Kunos, I mean all the game developers , Rockstar with their GTA, etc..

don't tell me that coding Windows vs MAC is closer then coding Windows and Xbox , although speaking of Xbox, I have a feeling that you WILL be able to share games on XB1 and Windows10 (I belive I read that somewhere)

I might be talking bullshit, but I believe that consoles get a share of each game, that's how they get revenue. Steam also gets a share of each game sold. If you buy a game on steam and then get it for free on PS4, either Sony gets nothing out of that deal or the developer has to pay Sony out of their own pocket, which is bad bisness...

I still don't get it why ( well I mean obviously money!!!) they can't make the games you buy on one console , give you access for the same game on different console , or at least give you a nice discount ?
Pretty sure s2173 hit the nail on the head... it's about money. Everyone wants their little piece of the pie. Remember the stink that publishers kicked up when game stores started selling pre-owned games? Same reason, they started missing out on their cut, and on the money from selling a new version of the game to people.

About the events, are they really that popular in AC? Not criticising, just curious. They always struck me as quite an arcadey feature and I'm not that interested in them myself.

Steam does this with the Windows and MAC and probably also that steamOS console ( not sure what happened to that one ?) , so why can't others do that too ?

I so wanted to see AC on my PS4 as well, but not to a point where I would be spending money on it. I think I spend enough money on AC already

btw. to make this clear, I don't mean only Kunos, I mean all the game developers , Rockstar with their GTA, etc..

don't tell me that coding Windows vs MAC is closer then coding Windows and Xbox , although speaking of Xbox, I have a feeling that you WILL be able to share games on XB1 and Windows10 (I belive I read that somewhere)

If you buy Forza Horizon 3 you can play it on Xbox One and on a Win10 PC without buying it twice which is pretty awesome.

About the events, are they really that popular in AC? Not criticising, just curious. They always struck me as quite an arcadey feature and I'm not that interested in them myself.
There's nothing arcadey about it because is the same thing you setting up a quick race, hotlap, time attack, drift event. Only they are challenges that count for the game's steam achievements. And is good because there may be event scenarios you didn't think of, like these cars racing on this track, a hotlap with this car on that track.
For example you may find boring to think of a quick race to do, but you go to the special events and find nice ones with just click and play instead of you customizing it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back