AC Competizione uses Unreal Engine to power wet weather system and full day & night cycle

Like most of us here, I've been very excited to hear that there's a new AC on the horizon. I was especially pleased to learn about the wet weather system which will be powered by the Unreal 4 Engine. I'm very curious to see how the game will feel and look and how it's different from the first installment (that runs on their in-house built game engine).

Another hot topic is VR and how little, as far as I can find, we've heard about it. The Unreal Engine does however support VR natively, which is a good sign. Driving a GT3 car at night in the pouring rain will be an experience I'm looking forward to! Oh and the supposed online ranking system for better match making? Now that's definitely a welcome addition in my opinion (I like iRacing's iRating system).

I really hope the switch from their in-house engine to the Unreal 4 Engine doesn't cause any major issues or roadblocks in their development process

Mostly looking to share my excitement (and get some other views on the game so I can lower my expectations a bit :) ).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%