AC Championships

Hi,
How am I supposed to race a whole championship on AC?
I'm coming from Project Cars. AC's Career mode is a joke as compared to Project cars' career mode. On AC's career mode you can only do Time Trials and stupid races, many times using cars and tracks you are not even familiar with. Why won't they include a practice and qualifying session prior to the race?

The only way I've discovered as of now to join a serious offline championship is by creating a custom championship myself. However this has also been a sort of a letdown since I seem unable to save the game between practice, qualifying and race. I decided to quit after racing the practice+qualifying sessions and when I came back hoping to do the race session, it turned out the entire weekend was over (I had been given the last position in the race) and I could only start the next weekend. How am I to save the game between sessions? After 30min of practice + 30 min of qualifying I wanted to leave the race for the next day, but the game won't be saved at this point.

I've been playing AC for 3-4 months but, until now, only doing hotlaps. I've found the game very enjoyable and more realistic than Project Cars. However, now a feel like getting into some more serious racing and I find my options are very limited on AC. I'm reluctant to go back to Project Cars (doesn't feel as a proper sim after AC) but for racing purposes it was far superior.

Cheers

Yes, you have to do qualify and race all in one session - no saving after qualify. It is annoying. I do offline championships in AC quite a bit and am not aware of any way around this problem. So I also do ‘quick races’ as well as that is easier to pop in and out of.

This feature is not as good as it can be.
I love how championships are build in gtr2

But the only way to make some good championships is by use of content manager paid version.

But no full course yellow and i sure that ai dont follow blue flags as how it ment to be. So offline championships is a bit a wast of time in assetto corsa 1 if you ask me.

So which other proper sim would you recommend for offline championships?

If you like gt3 cars i would look in to gtr2
Propper full course yellow and safety car
Blue flags human on ai not but ai on human it causes penalties
Its build around 2003-2004 fia gt racing
And as main attraction spa 24 hours.
Many many mods.

If you like formula 1 cars f1 20xx
At the moment there is no other game with a propper championship mode for f1 cars

If you like nascar nascar 2003 season with bullring mod.
This game is ruff pack racing at daytona and talledega on 100% ai and realism is tuff good setup work needed.

I am a huge fan of wec/blancpain
I have a.c.c bought it in beta but never give it a propper go. So that 1 i cant say if it haves propper championship offline or not

Last edited:
In ac with content manager you can make championships with ai control like how agressive they are and how good they are.

Now days games dont pay alot of time in offline stuff. Most games are build around multiplay.. if you want to race some type of car you need to pay for dlc
Its most noticeble in acc no modding tools only paid dlc.

For propper offline racing some older games haves some good ai and offline options and with gtr2 you can save the game at any point during a race quali or practice. So i would say look for gtr2 but not the steam version.. because then you miss some brand name cars.

And go fia gt2 and gt3 racing with mixed classes

That's only theory, GP .... those well known 2 brands may easily become visible... except if it changed recently.
well i dont follow that topic anymore about steam does or dont have some brand cars missing i own the cd version 4 times :p and own a key supplied by some german magazine few years ago i only remembered there was some issue with the steam version a few years ago

Last edited:
@girarcat
May have, at last, found the answer to your original question (or part of it).
Check this short thread out: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...mpionship-progress-saved.174544/#post-3059497

It's how to save progress in a championship, sort of. It may be the best solution to the problem of saving. You won't be able to save after qualifying but you can avoid screwing up championship progress if you have to stop AC after having started a championship race.

@girarcat
May have, at last, found the answer to your original question (or part of it).
Check this short thread out: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...mpionship-progress-saved.174544/#post-3059497

It's how to save progress in a championship, sort of. It may be the best solution to the problem of saving. You won't be able to save after qualifying but you can avoid screwing up championship progress if you have to stop AC after having started a championship race.
Thx you that i didnt know.

Other thing you can do is only normal raceweekend and write down your self where everybody ended. Every race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%